1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. aevirex

Posts by aevirex

  • totally random texture thread

    • aevirex
    • May 31, 2007 at 5:58 PM

    Hm ok I already knew that normalmaps are impossible with UT2004, I just thought your mod team has made up some fancy technique.

    And you are right, the texture pack's name is "normalmap.utx" iirc, Epic probably forgot it.

  • totally random texture thread

    • aevirex
    • May 31, 2007 at 9:10 AM

    UT2004 NORMAL MAPS?! Am I missing something or what?

    Anyways looks cool, usually you shouldn't take references with shadows in them but they work ok here.

  • totally random texture thread

    • aevirex
    • May 29, 2007 at 12:54 PM

    A trimtexture (I was in a hurry though):

    [Blocked Image: http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/7135/trimpreviewwg3.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • aevirex
    • May 29, 2007 at 8:33 AM

    The highpoly doesn't need to be uv wrapped as well for AO, if you are using max, then just do the same (render to texture) but (or actually additionally, so you don't need to render it two times) choose lightmap or shadowmap (sorry I forgot :/). Alternativly you can use xNormal for both normal and AO.

  • Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain!

    • aevirex
    • May 26, 2007 at 12:12 AM

    Glad for you! I really enjoyed my Barcelona trip in march. Definitly a nice city with interesting sights (and great texture resources ).

  • low poly contests

    • aevirex
    • May 22, 2007 at 11:01 AM
    Quote from insta

    Yes!

    +1, I like the idea!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • May 17, 2007 at 9:13 AM

    Hehe I also thought the first pic was a photo or render

    Pretty cool I must say. I don't think it is boring if the atmosphere is right. Just take a look at the UT2004 mod "Hollow Moon" which is also only in black and white and creates an awesome atmosphere!

    Or you could just make some Characters or story relevant things, places, etc. in color. Sin City like.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • May 15, 2007 at 8:30 AM

    Method: Awesome! I love it... makes me consider reinstalling Doom3

    Psycho: Looks cool but the architecture (ceiling!) seems weird. You should take a look at Resident Evil 1 (remake) and Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles screenshots from the mansion (only found this one, quick search ).

    A small update on my map:

    [Blocked Image: http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/1497/alephmayam7.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • May 7, 2007 at 8:06 PM

    Cool Furyo, however the orange floor looks a bit weird (I thought it was the hl2 placeholder texture first). I'd suggest you either desaturate it a bit and / or make it darker.

  • Crazy Bump 2.6

    • aevirex
    • May 3, 2007 at 10:49 PM

    Thanks for sharing this, however am I too blind to find the button for the diffuse + normal preview?

    On the other hand, it takes longer to calculate all that stuff than with 2.0 it seems .

  • The random model thread!

    • aevirex
    • April 21, 2007 at 1:12 PM

    shit, i came... i don't like the parallel lights much though (the yellow to white gradient looks a bit weird).

    (... i wish you would make ut2004 maps again :/ )

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • April 16, 2007 at 2:39 PM

    I'm sorry, tbh the reason why I didn't say anything on your screenshot is because I didn't know what engine it is... it looks very nice and atmospheric for HalfLife 1 indeed!

    For future screenshots I will try not to steal all the attention .

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • April 15, 2007 at 6:47 PM

    It is called ... pssst ... don't tell anyone .... "Sharpen".

    Here is a screenshot without sharpening:

    [Blocked Image: http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/2239/alephpreview3rk3.jpg]

    (On the other hand, I didn't have Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering activated.)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • April 15, 2007 at 3:23 PM
    Quote from hessi

    /!\ doenerking filter detected /!\

    Well, yeah, true... I thought I have to make a bit outstanding (no Normalmapping, ... the engine is o l d). I hope it doesn't bother you (that much ).

    Quote from Pericolos0

    Like it alot! Clean and stylish, but the textures could use some polish imo. Dont like the tiling bland texture boxmapped on mesh style, but i guess it works good with unreal.

    The textures for the prefabs I did at the beginning were quite complex (Ambient Occlusion, etc.) but for progress' sake I went for the 'unreal way'.

    Thanks all.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • April 15, 2007 at 2:10 PM

    Two Screenshots from my heavily wip UT2004 DM:

    [Blocked Image: http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/82/alephpreview2pw2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img248.imageshack.us/img248/1756/alephpreview1xw8.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • aevirex
    • March 21, 2007 at 3:05 PM

    Looks cool seir (your website looks nice too ).

  • Unreal vs Source.

    • aevirex
    • March 14, 2007 at 8:52 PM

    So this is really new to me that you open Unrealed hit a button and have a map

    It is not like you open the new Material Editor and can't edit anything (if you want to I'll make a screenshot of the MatEd). About the power of the new engine, I (Hourences was involved) was able to implement a technique that saves up to 12,5% (actually more due to DXT compression) of the texturesize on your hdd on the first day I started with UE3 (no, knowledge of UE2.5 doesn't help much with the new MatEd).

    One thing that makes Source popular among mappers is imho the inability of most to do prefabs in programs like Max, Maya, ... If you want to make a decent map for UT2K4 you need custom models and textures. Tbh I think most things can be achieved with both engines, it is just the time you lose to things that are not important when you want to design a level.

    At the end, take the number of sold licences...

  • highpoly-ish rts-unit frist max model ever

    • aevirex
    • February 28, 2007 at 9:05 AM

    Very cool, reminds me of your BR-Biohazard.

  • 3.93 GByte photos of France [torrent] [RE-SEED]

    • aevirex
    • February 25, 2007 at 9:51 PM

    Not for someone who has limited bandwith D:

    Yeah i know rapidshare isn't a great solution, but it would be ok if someone was downloading just a few pictures (or sets)...

  • 3.93 GByte photos of France [torrent] [RE-SEED]

    • aevirex
    • February 25, 2007 at 8:37 PM

    Really awesome but can't you split it and rapidshare it (well not splitting it, but making several packs)? Please, please, please hessi

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™