1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. TeddyBear

Posts by TeddyBear

  • The Hows And Whys of Level Design - Released!

    • TeddyBear
    • December 15, 2006 at 6:07 PM

    I'm getting this for two equally strong reasons,

    1. It's good for me

    2. It's good for you

    It's all good

  • Best Christmas Carol Ever

    • TeddyBear
    • December 15, 2006 at 4:42 PM

    Laughing curve:

    Lethal stomach cramp

    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/9/9c/Exp.png]Time

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • TeddyBear
    • December 14, 2006 at 9:18 PM

    It's a masterpiece, Warby.

  • hogsatra movie

    • TeddyBear
    • December 14, 2006 at 8:38 AM

    Yes - nice map, horrible presentation.

    Also, you show the least interesting parts of your map - the climbing of a tall ladder, the waiting in an elevator going up etc. I know there is a hell lot more interesting detail to this, why not put emphasis on that instead?

  • hogsatra movie

    • TeddyBear
    • December 14, 2006 at 8:31 AM

    Man... that really turned me off to play the map. You REALLY need to learn how to make decent videos, there's just too much uninteresting crap going on. The music is horrible. Maybe it's from your new album? I'm sorry, but that stuff should be interesting dancing to, now it's just a very aggressive pounding to the head.

  • Recall to Hell

    • TeddyBear
    • December 13, 2006 at 4:21 PM

    Just marvelous! The best of luck to the future of you and your modification.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • TeddyBear
    • December 13, 2006 at 2:22 PM

    Nice tomdon!

    You might want to make the TV screen self-illuminated and light emissive to add to the realism. And I don't get the ceiling lamp... anyways, cool work

    Ooghijmiqtxxa, I really like your map, the thumbs kind of remind me of the Q3 level design style.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • TeddyBear
    • December 8, 2006 at 9:12 PM

    wtf ferret, why am I not up yet?

  • Poke646: Vendetta

    • TeddyBear
    • December 5, 2006 at 4:03 PM

    Took me at least six screenshots to convince myself it wasn't source. Goddamn awesome.

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • TeddyBear
    • December 5, 2006 at 7:21 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    Teddy can join Hanson anytime he wants

    YES

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • TeddyBear
    • December 5, 2006 at 12:45 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/5969/isoffanba7.jpg]

    Just taken

  • totally random texture thread

    • TeddyBear
    • December 4, 2006 at 11:47 AM
    Quote from SnipaMasta

    This is something I was thinking about - the scanning process used by some studios output's a completed model, whereas this seems to give a normal map which you then have to model around. Is this right, or am I missing something?

    It seems like you guys are confusing two different methods with each other.

    SnipaMasta: first of all, this is not meant to produce models. It is meant to produce normal maps to apply as materials on models. This method is quite simply tailored for the way I work. It differs no way from taking photo references for making diffuse texture maps such as, in this case, faces. You simply manipulate the reference to fit the UV structure. I wish I could post one of my face normal maps so you would get the idea but I'm not at home for the time being, so I will take some previous postings as example:

    [Blocked Image: http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/1539/light2normalv1ms0.jpg]

    =>

    [Blocked Image: http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2964/zombie3ur0.jpg]^ [Blocked Image: http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/3669/zombie10bmf4.jpg]

    (One of the very early versions of the map appliance:)

    [Blocked Image: http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/6015/zheadnv2.jpg]

    Aslo, as a parenthesis, I think you are cofusing this method with my height map scanning technique - please don't because they differ quite alot (the latter technique however allows for model instantiation).

    Sa74n: Hopefully what I just explained will answer your question too.

  • totally random texture thread

    • TeddyBear
    • December 2, 2006 at 4:22 PM

    Thanks alot killertomato! I've had a very good friend of mine here tonight, he let me do some scans of his face and body. Here is some material of this night's experimental harvest:

    Diffuse+normal

    [Blocked Image: http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/9757/torsotw0.jpg]

    R-channel of normal

    [Blocked Image: http://img362.imageshack.us/img362/9765/grimasxf0.jpg]

    Face normal map

    [Blocked Image: http://img384.imageshack.us/img384/9280/ansiktebn6.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • TeddyBear
    • December 1, 2006 at 11:47 AM

    I'm just curious, what about it took time? How did the modelling go about?

  • El Paso [Outlaws&Lawmen] (updated 17 jan)

    • TeddyBear
    • December 1, 2006 at 11:38 AM

    Meotwister is absolutely right, R_Yell. With a sunlit day like that, shadows on the ground needs to be very crisp.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.nicisoft.com/images/ex/desert-pictures/desert-picture-2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.nicisoft.com/images/ex/desert-pictures/desert-picture-6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.nicisoft.com/images/ex/desert-pictures/desert-picture-8.jpg]

  • totally random texture thread

    • TeddyBear
    • December 1, 2006 at 8:03 AM

    Thanks

    Just a small update before I go to school:

    [Blocked Image: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/8403/head046wv7.jpg]

  • Any Stable Co-op mods for Source?

    • TeddyBear
    • December 1, 2006 at 7:38 AM

    I have had a fully functioning version of Sven Co-op 2 for the past 1½ years now but no-one has been working on it since then due to some priority conflicts. Gah, I'd love to release it just to see what new masterpiece you will come up with but I can't

  • The random model thread!

    • TeddyBear
    • November 30, 2006 at 9:22 AM

    Are you sure you posted in the right thread, Buddy?

  • Dm_Ruinz [CS 1.6]

    • TeddyBear
    • November 28, 2006 at 7:33 AM

    Yup, I really like it I've been thinking a long time about going back to my roots and make a map for HL, this sure gives me the inspiration to do it.

  • Dm_Cloudcity (hl2dm)

    • TeddyBear
    • November 28, 2006 at 7:30 AM

    Wow Filip, so finally this map has come to its release... you've been working on this basically during a third of our friendship, it's so nice to see that you pulled it of. I hope I can help you more with whatever next project you are planning on doing. Remember, it's fine calling me in the middle of the night for photoshop advice :wink:

    Also, great PDF, very interesting.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™