QuoteUpdated cp_fastlane with Arttu's new version
I'm so proud.
QuoteUpdated cp_fastlane with Arttu's new version
I'm so proud.
Huge image is huge!!
Like.. Xbox huge.
Quote from seirIt's an uuurge, uuaagh
I can't look at this ![]()
Good job guys, I didn't notice.. Now I'm scarred for life D:
I'm left pretty breathless. I can't wait to get this game. I'll probably have to buy it on release day and put my life on hold when it comes out ![]()
Quote from e-freakSeems like the scattergun (in opposite to the name shotgun?) is a real bad ass weapon. Could be that it has so much impact that it throws the scout back/up? "One-Shot-One-Kill" weapon on less than 2 meters distance?
Scout shotgun was always called the scattergun. But excited to see what they've done to it ![]()
Quote from e-freakyeah you can always just load the ikea interior design tool
I was actually not aware of this, and wasn't what I was referring to, but kudos to you for mentioning it. It actually looks like it might be worth checking out.
http://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/rooms_idea ... nners.html <-- I'm guessing this is the one.
I watched the first Transformers in the theaters, and I really enjoyed it. There was a bit of romance stuff that really didn't belong, but at least they had the decency to push it off until the end of the movie.
I haven't watched the second trailer yet (I don't support apple, and I don't want to give them anything by even as much as installing their shitty quicktime), but I bet the trailer won't give me anything useful to say about the sequel anyway. I guess we'll wait and see.
The reasons I enjoyed the first? Big ass robots. And.. Come on.. It's Transformers.
To be constructive, when I moved into my dorm room, I modelled it up in rough box form to scale and made boxes with the scale of my furniture to place it around and see what'd work best. Granted, at that point I already knew what I'd place there and just wanted to find out how. It's really just finding some way to figure out where to place your junk and how. I found it was easier when I could juse move it around in a scaled environment so I could compare some of the different outcomes fast and effective.
If you need junk, take a trip to ikea or wherever you want to get it ![]()
:megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman: :megaman:
Quote from e-freak
That incident just reeks of carelessness and lack of communication.
Look, I've played a lot of defcon and this just isn't possible...
Also should have launched their nukes anyway, tbh.
Psh, the price is fine here in Denmark. Over here, the steam regular price, even with the 1$ = 1€ is smaller than the retail price. So I was glad I could get it at 50% off ;X
Oh, also, I found this recipe in Deus Ex the other day. Replaying it on realistic, it was in Tong's kitchen. Haven't tried it yet. It's some sort of bread.
Chinese Silver Loaves.
3 T. sugar
2 T. Vegetable shortening or oil
6 cups plain flour
2 T. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
Add suger and shortening to hot water, stir till sugar is dissolved and allow to cool until barely warm.
Sift remaining dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, and gradually stir in sugar mixture.
Mix well and gradually draw dough together with your hands. It should be soft, but not sticky.
On a floured board, knead dough about 5-8 minutes, or till smooth and elastic.
Return to bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rise at least 1 hour.
You've got it. It'll be even faster than dual channel!
[Blocked Image: http://www.harald-nyborg.dk/images/3409.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://www.getmore.dk/catalog/JPG_200x150/C114DD21-D887-487D-ADBB-39D542DF253F.jpg]
That brings me up to 4 gb of ram. Yay. And the first are welding goggles.
I usually go for dishes I can make in woks or sauter pans (which is practically everything if you're creative, really), namely thai food and lately, since it's winter, some wok sliced beef with root vegetables in a nice chili oil (sunflower oil with whole chilies in it to extract the flavour. Can use other kinds of oil too, but I prefer this one). The great thing about doing thai curry dishes is you have a lot of different options and choice of vegetables at your disposal, ranging from different kinds of curry paste, with or without coconut milk, different kinds of shrimps (I prefer black tiger prawns) as well as different vegetables and even fruits depending on the overall feeling of the dish. I've had luck doing it with different kinds of meat too, but personally, I don't find pork goes very well with the curry. Chicken is great though, if you want to keep it on a more affordable level.
The traditional I do is 2-3 tablespoons of red or green curry paste, wok sliced beef, tiger prawns, asparagus, mini corncobs, mushrooms, sugar snaps, some oyster or fish sauce, depending on your preference and anywhere between 3-10 chopped chillies, depending on how spicy you want it to be. You also need some rice.
When preparing the tiger prawns, take off their shell, cut them up on the back so they curl and you don't get that black string of shit they sometimes carry around, remember to rinse them with water. Don't cut all the way through, halfway through is more than enough and will make them look nicer.
First you set over the rice, for obvious reasons. If you don't know how to cook rice either learn how, or use the ones in cooking bags.
Usually, I go with frying the curry paste first, then when it's caramellized, add the prawns prepared as stated above, let them soak it in and curl up. They're gonna end up being realy delicious and full of taste that way. Then you add the beef along with some oyster oil. If you like, you can add a bit of soy too. Add some spices of your choice. I usually go with some powdered or whole chili, coriander, ginger, cayenne pepper, NO SALT, let the sauce and soy take care of that and sometimes powdered garlic too, if you're into that sort of thing.
When the beef starts becoming semi-rare, I usually add the chillies first, then the vegetables. Make sure you shift it around a bit in the wok to let the thick sauce get around and soak up a bit. Then, when it's nearing completion, add a teaspoon of sugar to sweeten the dish a bit and add contrast to the spicyness (And you'll need it, but believe me, those sugar snaps do a great job too). Whatever you do, don't mix the rice and main dish if you went with the more spicy variant. Once the rice soaks up the sauce you're lost, since you need the rice to contrast the spicyness. So serve the wok dish on a plate, with a side bowl (or plate in lack of better) with rice.
If you like, you can take a good red wine to it, too. I usually go with a cheap, but good Ripasso from the valpolicella district in Italy or a cabernet sauvignon, either from Chile or Australia to complement the meat.
I really do a lot of other cooking too, but this is what I do best
If you're having a girl over, you might want to cut down on the curry paste to perhaps a third of what you're using, as well as only add a single or two chillies to the dish. And make sure she likes spicy food. It's a dish that's full of flavour, it looks good since it has a lot of colour and if you serve it with a good wine, it just tops it off as downright delicious. If you like fruit in your dishes you can add things like mangoes to it. Avoid things like pineapples and citrus fruits, since they can ruin the taste and they tend to soak up all the sauce, leaving you with nigh-inedible fruits. Also, their citric contents don't go well with the curry. Another nice addition would be using whole ginger. Experiment as you please ![]()
For two people I'd use about 4-500g of meat, rice to match and maybe 10-15 prawns. Of the vegetables, I usually make a rather even distribution of everything. You can leave it frying at a high temperature to get a small amount of sauce (gives it a cleaner look on the plate, usually), or you can turn it down a bit towards the end to make it simmer a bit more and it'll extract the juices a bit. This is all personal preference and doesn't make much of a difference.
Anyway, don't forget to have fun while cooking, remember to give it a taste every now and then, have a good feel for and know your spices and most of all - Enjoy!
Oh bugger, just realized Deathy already posted this in the Fallout 3 thread. Nevermind me ![]()
Looks like a good call though HP. Bethesda aren't really known for their user-friendly editors.
Fallout 3 editor released. Time to get to work! ![]()
http://bethblog.com/index.php/2008/12/1 ... k-is-here/
Looks pretty much like all their other editors.. Which unfortunately means it's probably a lot like them and will be rather hard to get into, but even harder to use effectively without getting frustrated every 2 minutes. At least that's my experience with their editors.. But hey, it'll open up a lot for mods and stuff for Fallout 3, which we've all been waiting for ![]()
Quote from D3adsOh God, I have Deus Ex lying around somewhere, I installed it and played the Liberty Island mission, got bored and didn't play it again. Still haven't bothered with it since...
There's just no excuse for that! It was actually the only game you've been able to run for the past few years! Go play it. Now. Before I get real mad ![]()