Posts by e-freak
-
-
nah, I think the mod thing would be something like a svn-system with torrent/p2p system. so you'd still have your normal mod folders.
-
mod distrib via steam is on it's way afaik. i really dislike the modtools atm as well but tbh I don't like the other sdk sets better. On the one hand you can complain about the way Valve refuses to give a GUI and proper exporters but on the other hand you have at least the pure tools at the hand instead of "Klicki-Bunti"-Buttons (sry for this "german" expression but the phonetic of the word should give it justice) and a set of "insert pretty props here"-editors.
-
deviantart or flickr. they allow you to set an option for ordering prints of an image though I'm not sure about the details and the account you need to have (maybe pro for like 25$ a year).
-
snow is the frame.
If you want to know about Anel Adams I suggest you read his "beginner" books like - "The Negative", "The Positive" or "The Camera" and so on. He writes a book about one topic as thick as other books are who claim them selves "everything about fotography"
-
-
that's just bw not ir
-
there are some good beveling/lighting tuts on sourceblog.org. don't know if you know the page


ok joke beside, i think it would be a cool thing if the insurgency would have something like that, maybe background covered with additional decals (like an iraqui flag) but the marines overall feeling would benefit from a smooth, technical gui (simmilar in terms of style to the compass of the first release)
-
-
-
-
-
if anyone wanna buy it:
nolink


-
http://flickr.com/photos/ghjoll/1344396488/
this one is a really great ansel adams like hdr (though its colored and not bw). i just saw this foto a couple of times now and thought I had have to post it

-
-
mh, on the ins-thing: aren't those models from insurgency for ak and m4?
-
ouch. don't know about canada but in germany they would evacuate the whole building and never let anyone set a step in it again until every wall is additional supported
imagine not the wall but a floor would break and would burry people/have them fall down the stories. -
-
I did semi-automatic HDRs or DRIs with FDRTools before (which is free and can do the most things as well). But I really like the way I'm doing this in Photoshop. I tried to understand what makes a good hdr and thought of a way to do it. worked out kinda well and it's a lot of relexing during doing map-textures all day

Btw: Your pictures are awesome but how much work is included if you use Photomatix? (I've never worked with that tool to an extent and don't know too much about it´)
-
Frie: Sharing rate or licensing costs are negotiated on single basis I think. Depending on how much traffic and what fund is involved / kind of company is using it. I doubt that Indie Devs pay as much as 2K Games.