yay happy birthday 74 ![]()
Posts by e-freak
-
-
-
-
the picture is nice but why link to flickr? I'd love to see these here in the thread to give you a direct answer.
Furthermore it might be abit hard to catch up with Yousef Karsh, but you did a nice job though!
On the stilistic of the lighting: Karsh used subtile lightings and had no hardedged shadows or highlights on his persons but always a whole "lighting-scene", while in the here shown picture you clearly see two spots or whatever this is.
-
-
As a matter of fact I've currently recreated a lot of HL1 Textures as well and I think you've got a nice start there. Though I'd recommend to watch out for oversharpened and to contrasty edges and you might look out for this little more significant scratches like in the middle of the lowest tiles there it would repeat obviously.
-
-
-
The Busstop is a little heigher than the street so that there's no height-difference between it and the bus-doors which - in theory - enables wheelchairers to get into the bus without help. The truth seems to be that the gap between the bus-stop and the bus-door is so huge that you can't get over it with the wheelchair your self and it's huge enough to let feets slip through. If you then run like me parallel to this gap and the bus and you slip into the gap you can get easily under the bus with your legs.
I catapulted my self then half a meter forward with my arms and the free leg to escape the wheels
When somebody asked me if I'm alright I could only mutter "Well, I missed the bus, didn't I?" 
-
My Leg/Hip hurts and my ellbow bleeds a little since a Bus nearly roadkilled me today when I ran beside the (then still standing) Bus and fell below it and pulled my leg just out there the moment the driver started the engine and drove away.


-
im missing some foreground - right now it looks like a theateer stage wich ends directly after the last color-cup
-
You got epiced

Seriously: what Model is this? It looks a bit disgusting but cool at the same time - show more pls

-
It looks badass - but spend some polys and make that rope end look - ropish (?) - you can easily increase tri-count up to 1000 even for Half-Life 1 i think and for currentgen/next-gen there's no limit at all (at least not at this level).
One thing though: Why would a viking put a celtic cross upon his Hammer (as the Hammer represents nordic-gods-belief (as Thor)) while the celtic cross represents the christian movement which comes from upper-ireland/scotland and is a symbol for christian celts (or christianity in general).
-
-
Oblivion sucked on Framerates/HW-Usage. It used lowres textures and plastic-models. Further more the synchronization was (and I think it was based up Coding errors) misserable! Let's hope they fix this engine alot before release of Fallout 3
-
They are all great! I like the first and last one best though you could've tried to shop two shuttertimes together in the first to get the steps more visible

-
tip: shooting ins snow is simmilar to all counter-light conditions. Background or Mainimage Elements appear too bright to the Cam-Sensor and will make it darken the image heavily. The usage of a Flash will solve the problem in most cases, otherwise you'll have to either use preset (snow/beach i think your canon cam can do this) or set the shutter time manually.
-
where do Lhamas come from in Wales? o_O
Nice Photos none the less. Some could need a bit of color-correction/contrast increase though.
-
stolve and another 2 people. that would be about 30% of all Norweigans.

I think I'm good to go with my withdrawal from service. Don't need no army to set me behind a machine-gun. As much fun it might be to shoot some rounds - I could not shoot some one and I don't want to be shot by anyone else for being in a war some old political grubs made up.
-
nice fotos - good action and on the spot. I just wonder if it is better to shoot with a static or a flexible lens system as I personally made the experience that I often need to zoom in or out to get the shot I want, esp on moving objects.