1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • mapcore probing

    • e-freak
    • June 10, 2008 at 5:16 PM

    -snip-

  • UnrealEd with steam (finding materials)

    • e-freak
    • June 9, 2008 at 11:38 PM
    Quote from mabufo

    fixed

    how?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • e-freak
    • June 9, 2008 at 11:34 PM

    -snip-

  • Crysis Warhead teaser site launched!

    • e-freak
    • June 5, 2008 at 4:18 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    The engine's probably no good for consoles at the moment. Their PC sales were pretty good supposedly though, so it makes sense to milk it a bit. I guess they'll announce a console-oriented project before long.

    I remember reading an Interview with Chervalt Yerli in german developer magazine GameStar/dev about portability of the cryengine and he said it can be ported without any problems (and has been ported already iirc)

  • Crysis Warhead teaser site launched!

    • e-freak
    • June 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM

    That sounds like cash-cow to me. Giving the franchise complete into the east-block where development is cheaper and just picking same scenery, same soldier design and same everything, adding some weapons and vehicles... I'm not used to pay for something like that honestly.

    But maybe the final product will be better than this Announcement.

  • My new portfolio - thiagoklafke.com (updated 06/12)

    • e-freak
    • June 5, 2008 at 1:05 PM

    yepp - some of your images spawn twice. Never happend to me before (and I have used Lightbox quite often on own projects :S)

  • go-kart model

    • e-freak
    • June 5, 2008 at 11:20 AM

    the mine should leave a gap or at least a decal

    turtle is cuuuuute

  • Yahtzee just made me pee my pants

    • e-freak
    • June 4, 2008 at 7:13 PM

    I hate Oblivion and he pretty much hit the nail!

  • Crysis Warhead teaser site launched!

    • e-freak
    • June 4, 2008 at 7:07 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Patch support is dropped.....NOT!

    You just pay us another 25 bucks!

  • Damn Germans are in my holiday resort!

    • e-freak
    • June 4, 2008 at 1:44 PM

    -snip-

  • New Resident Evil 5 trailer

    • e-freak
    • June 4, 2008 at 12:36 PM

    I think it's more racistic if you don't allow blacks to become zombies!

  • Idiot steals my work - What to do?

    • e-freak
    • June 4, 2008 at 12:11 PM

    It's not art and nothing but I made it and while the quality is not the best I still think you can get some recognition for what you do.

  • IT University Game Development 2008 project videos

    • e-freak
    • June 4, 2008 at 12:09 PM

    ya - no problem there I think they made it playable and in most cases such small projects play better than they look (resp. look in a trailer). Any chance one can download these mods/games and play them?

  • Idiot steals my work - What to do?

    • e-freak
    • June 3, 2008 at 11:00 PM

    It so happens Gamasutra "steals" my work - or better say: a Fotography I took of Gabe Newell. I made it public availble under CC License with only one restriction that is if you want to use this foto you've gotta link me or name me.

    I don't know if it's worth the effort and the image and I'm also at least a little proud they use my foto but wtf - why don't they just link to my flickr account or something?

    edit: wow - between email and post chris remo already posted the credit that's very nice!

  • IT University Game Development 2008 project videos

    • e-freak
    • June 3, 2008 at 7:12 PM
    Quote from MrTwoVideoCards

    Then they will not be Properly Prepared. I teach a class, and the goal is to be artistic in your programming and Level design. Making it work is pie, but making it awesome is the challenge. We use source, and after 2 years, the games I've made with the students I had, were sadly alot better. I'd expect more from a 4 year class.

    where do you teach?

  • Happy Bday Thrik!!!

    • e-freak
    • June 3, 2008 at 3:16 PM
    Quote

    ":338jhsfx]Well, it appears It's your turn! Happy Birthday dude!

    :party: :party: :bananawrench:

    (give us quote pyramites back!)

    Edit:

    Thrik for PRESIDENT :megaman: :megaman:

  • IT University Game Development 2008 project videos

    • e-freak
    • June 3, 2008 at 3:15 PM

    Blackstone is commical (aaaandd ssavve myy sonnn)

    Katama looks nice - not a masterwork but it seems to work out

  • Bionic Commando

    • e-freak
    • June 3, 2008 at 3:06 PM

    I remember such a woodscene from that kid-channel report. very cool looking!!! keep on rocking grin.

  • Crytek drops Crysis patch support

    • e-freak
    • June 3, 2008 at 12:53 PM

    I have made a (more or less) subtile link to Valve before and I could do the same for Blizzard. They even Patch 10 years old games and try to patch them, I don't see why it should cost them less then crytek or any other studio and still they can support theyr products over years. C'mon - selling patches as addons is what they are going for (as it sounds to me) and that's not very cool.

  • Crytek drops Crysis patch support

    • e-freak
    • June 2, 2008 at 7:10 PM

    You have been Valved oh - no Crytek was one of the Companies that doesn't deliver patches...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™