why do you need someone from hamburg? o_O
Posts by e-freak
-
-
Quote from Zacker
Me and a friend playing with -200 degrees liquid nitrogen:http://thefuture.dk/1/duf_billede1.jpg
details plz - why would you play with that stuff on seaside with additional lighting around you o_O
-
sad and pointless death of (as sarcastic as it sounds but not meant so) one another victim out of thousands a day
-
I've been doing the interior stuff for my parents new house the past three weeks and had to lay out a lot of generic carpet (more than 200qm all over the place). When I completed the interiors I had a lot of small carpet peaces left and my wacom with me which always needed special attention because I had no pocket for it and only the normal bag it's delivered in. So I developed the idea of creating a wacom pocket on my own out of the carpet (which is thick enough to protect the wacom very well) and while still working on some other parts of the house's interiors I developed the idea further and further.
So what's the point of this pocket:
I can transport my wacom or store it safely
It is simmilar sized to a notebook case (17" though) and should be easy to roll so I can store the pocket if not needed
It should be possible to use the wacom without having to remove the pocket while keeping the protection
It should be colorizable/customizable
So here's my current paper plan for the raw cut of the pocket:
[Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/wacom44y.jpg]
(1px = 1mm)
The top part is the protection and is openable/closable with the knob
The middle part will be the back
The down part is currently headfirst and the knob is seen from what will be the inside so the knob doesn't really belong there and is just for orientation purpose - the parts marked will be cut out to allow with opened top drawing on the tablet)
the cut edges left and right of the middle and down part will overlap and sewed together and a lug will be set on each side allowing for carabins/belt
My next steps will be:
Build the whole model out of paper and test if my messures are correct
Cut the raw cut out of the carpet and sew the edges, cut out the drawing field and the hotkeys
decolorize the carpet completely (may have to do this before sewing the edges) and afterwards spray the carpet to a decent base color (the current color is an ugly red/brown and I want something like a dark grey)
finish some stencils and spray some motive on it.
Has anyone ideas about the project or forsees any problems? I originally planned to post the whole idea/process when it's finished but thought it'd be better to ask first if anyone has any ideas.
-
i wanna recreate a level of pong - may I ?
-
yeah I intentend the term "succesor" to be the following game by the developer.
-
-
-
played it a while back and couldn't be bothered to play past the first 10 minutes - guess it just not my kind of game but it's succesor (Dark Messiah) is awesome
(just because you mentioned Oblivion - had a lot of discussions about the pros and cons of DM in comparsion to Oblivion) -
birthday the day after tommorow and i know what i gonna present myself

-
Quote from Nysuatro
Ordered new laptop for schoolHP 8710w
barebone reminds me a lot of my samsung r700

-
Quote from Jenn0_Bing
I voted for noncommercial mods, id love to see some extra support for some of the good HL2 mods. It might also be the kick up the arse i need to make a map, there's been a few mods ive thought of making a map for but never had the motivation.
that's right. voted portal though but I'd be up for both comps
-
this is what I experienced in the latest project i'm at: we looked at goldrush like forever, tried to characterize every single point of the map (e.g. why is point 1 in stage 1 and 2 always in a closed space while point two is completely open? how is the flow (see the deathmaps here as well) towards the capture points and which role does which way/path play to a certain event point (a heavy death-zone or an imba sniping position)). try to abstract as much as possible and then go back to your own original concept, check if the rules/sightings you made on goldrush (or any other pl map you cinsidered half-way working) would work on your map as well (without copying the maplayout) and then back up additionally with class specific spots (e.g. no close combat labyrinth all over the map as it would make the sniper irrelevant, not everything open as a soccer stadium (snipers) and not 100 covered balconys (engineer)... etc)
-
Quote from hessi
serious: game industry isn't the best place for having a family. regarding those people i know most of them changed the company at least each 3rd year. good luck relocating with a wife and children. one reason for me not to be in this industry tbh.
this question is driving me mad as well. though I see this as a general problem in our "new globalized" world.
-
Yes Izuno - I use a Palm as well and they are best thing ever but damn theyr networking capabilities is worse than anything

-
Mac's mom is a teacheress. He just "has something to do with computers" (read "he's a member of mapcore and powns your avg kindergarten")
-
The worst thing about buying HL nowadays is the damn EA-Pricing. I remember picking up my GotY Vivendi Edition for 15DM (7,50€) and got every Valve Game released at that time (when steam came it even gave me the addons)
-
looks awesome but damn fix the thread title!
-
Maybe we can have two contests - one being short-term create a Portal Map and one long-term with the TF2 Customcontent (Read - not completely Customcontent but Focus on varying the setting)
-
TF2 all the way! Teams up to two people and focus on custom-content
