i thought this was rather good. kind of cheesy but some nice stylistics in there. not something for eot...
Posts by e-freak
-
-
I don't know what's supposed to be happening inside the building but if it's a safe-house (the checkpoints in L4D-Campaigns where you can close the doors, reammo and get new healthpacks) when you'd probably go well with some warmer lightings do indicate this or if it's supposed to be zombiefied all over I'd go for much more lightcontrast (shorter light-range -> darker corners in the room) + colder light.
The outdoor rocks all the way (that skybox + the foggy feel to it seems to be a nice adventure place for zombie-survivors).
-
wow - great scene and love the detail with the seagull-cryings and the waves smashing there. only the music in the video drove me kind of crazy - don't know why and it doesn't harm the scene at all but wow that so psychadellic sounding

kinda like the idea of the store sign as well a lot! great feeling to it. just not sure if the white doors and windows should not at least give a little bit more of a sneak what's behind it (with some rough and barely visible outlines/shadows?)
-
Well I'm not a LD, but more of EnvArt but yes - I understand what you're talking bout and I didn't mean any offense either
I like what you are doing I just want to help with good crits. And being Picky doesn't mean I wouldn't enjoy your levels (the opposite is the case, I like it and that's why I'm picky). But it's not too me to rethink my points honestly - I give you input (for example the all new cars which wouldn't require any performence drop) and it's up to you to take it or leave it unread. no hate here :megaman: -
nice! seems like german part of mapcore grows a little bit again

-
I think it makes good screenshots but I'm not too sure about how it'd look from a players point of view. the actual POV while running through that scene seems to be a bit flat or not as detailed as the whole of the scene is. There are these really great Streetlight Models hanging on the ropes and nice textures in the third storie of the buildings but the street is actually a flat texture, every building detail is just a texture and mostly they are repeating a lot, the tram tracks seem to be just layed out like lego-tracks (and they seem to be much to far away from each other) and some of these textures really look like tiling fotos. the dirt/usage of most objects differs a lot (the general feel is more old and daily usage and the cars are all plastic-clean).
Yes, there's a lot of great work and potential in there already, but I'd really like to see this improved to a whole lot better.
-
Won could automatically update mods and host servers for fast dls and updates? I had some "Mod Game" Button in my games but never had anything like autoupdate o_O
-
Quote from Punky
Wegame is quite useful, you can record videos for web-quality and you can record HD videos, the best solution FOR SOURCE is using the in-game recorder to record your movie, play the recorded video and then record it with fraps or wegame, or something else... that will prevent high lag peaks while recording...
wrong (imho
) - recording a demo, set host-time to 30 frames per second when playing the demo, enabling sourcerecorder to save every of this 30 frames to a tga file and export the sound sepperate. when start virtual dub, set the screenshots as animation (VDub does this autmatically) add the sound and you've got a full uncompressed Highquality, lag free video you can later on compress, cut, edit to your wishes. -
i do like the lighting (although it's a bit too red in places) but what really bugs me is the dome of cologne in there - it looks fantastic as a model on the one hand but on the other hand it's not fitting the style imho. Ofcourse this might be a time and work related thing but I'd say a completely different church would help this map alot.
-
i thought you get a full pc? looks cool none the less! I want a flower-shaped computer as well

-
Decreasing Texture Brightness, installing a VMT Proxy to change the texture ingame to the bright one?
-
GameCam was totally cool back in the day (far better performence than fraps) but that might have changed over the years. and you may check out if your game allows for internal recording (source can do with source recorder and virtual dub for example)
-
-
These tanks were meant to be shipped to the Kenian Army according to a dpa article I read today. Russia sent one of theyr battleships yesterday to clear the situation
-
-
Games ain't be products, chris. Games are services. By buying a game you should know that you get patches, support and content on the product - you don't pay for the disc but for the service that comes with it. If a Game Dev will not support his game it's kind of worthless esp, if it has bugs or is a mp-title that would require certain content updates for long-time fun.
-
wow they finally managed to kick him off his lawyer ass... the gaming industry is a better place now. and I don't see him being succesful with sueing whole Florida

-
They are in use - they are placed along the Innerkorean Border - they had thousands of soldiers doing nothing but laying there all day watching the border because official both countries (north and south korea) have not made a peace-contract. These soldiers (mostly recruits) have been replaced by that sentry.
-
he's right in some way - were are few of us who could affort all of theyr software as students (the ones that'd have cost you 1000 bucks and more
) and it's a market-law that producer/seller and consumer will find a price the consumer can affort and the seller can get down to. I'd bet my ass if Adobe would sell Photoshop to students for 50 bucks they'd not see half the amount of illegal copies (altough adobe has some very fair student pricing already). If people think they get something worth the money they spend they'll spend it - you can see that with game-selling-numbers - A developer who brought you a good game and support before will more likely sell a good number of copies on his next product (taken the price is not overly expensive) while a developer who didn't support his former game enough will most probably not sell as many copies of his next game and more people will pirate the game. Now the pirating hurts the developer with missed sales and he's gotta look is his product either overprized or is his support not good enough - You can see that happening with spore atm.there's a good comment on that page as well:
QuoteRight or wrong and for better or worse, piracy is a form of protest, and can occasionally be effective. I don't think that very many people pirate games because they prefer it to buying, all else equal; folks pirate as a form of civil disobedience in protest of high prices, low quality, and DRM. Many of us who don't pirate still take part in an even older form of protest—not buying the game. Unfortunately, simply not buying doesn't send much of a message. I think games-abstinence can be compared to not voting while piracy could be compared to voting for a third-party candidate; one is impossible to differentiate from apathy, but the other indicates (at least in the abstract) a pent-up demand for fundimental change. If a game debuts to few sales, a publisher may think the game is just a dud, but if it debuts to low sales and an army of piracy and Amazon star-bombing, that might send the message that demand exists for something very similar to, but not exactly what's being offered.
-
Quote from JeanPaul
Well money is a big problem if thats the case. I go to school for photo currently and get to use this stuff free, 4x5 stuff is pretty damn expensive. ESPECIALLY if you want it digital. A medium format digital back is $33,000 and thats not a joke or exaggeration.
yes I know... have been thinking about saving money for a sinar for quite a while but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford one
33 MP with Liveview via Firewire sounds too great.Oh and Blunka on the shadow line: I think it gives portraits a lot of depth if they are not symetrical lit or too soft, Although if fotographing in color it might be a good trick to use different color temperatures (e.g. I had a set up once with one lamp at 6500° and one at 3200° color temperature, giving me some harsh red/blue contrast I could later on alter to really good lighting contrasts in the resulting bw images)