yes vantage point (8 blickwinkel in german ^^) is awesome. thought about that concept as well for alot of movie ideas but I don't think it'd fit the theme - vantage point covers roughly 23 minutes + x of real time per perspective, not 7 hours ![]()
Posts by e-freak
-
-
wow... you guys are seriously awesome

-
-
I do prefer action shots or still images, because it never happened to me that one of the players on a DoD:S Server stopped by and started gesticulating. A well placed sniper how ever or a Machine-Gun Nest tell a story I'll experience ingame.
-
well it's made well for a fanmovie
i do think a real movie based on the 7 hour war or generally about the half-life universe would rock 
-
woha, interesting look. i like the DOF in there but the image composition is a bit confusing. He's on the left side of the pic and looking to the left so there's too much "wasted" (uninteresting) space on his right. Also I'd have gone further away for a half-total shot or closer to really only get the part above his armpit to avoid that high-contrast spot with the "white" background and the black shirt around it. Lighting is cool, no dropshadows, yet modelling the face very well. Don't know if you have a kicker set up in there - can't really see one, for the particular image I'd not even be sure if it'd work but might be something that can add additional depth. I like that you left alot of space above his head, really adds to the composition's proportions.
-
Well your fotos look great but while you may enjoy doing PP to them I think you put too much weight into this. A good photo is more than just pressing the correct button in Photomatix. There are two tips I want to tell you: 1) Try to work out correct camera setting for one-time exposure, considering you are using a Polefilter, in most cases you wouldn't even need any PP for correct sky-blue, just the correct angle, shutter-speed and whitebalance. 2) If you want to do PP (which is completely legit and nearly everyone is doing it anyways), try to find out what changes and why it changes and try to do this by hand in Photoshop (or your software of choice). By working pixel by pixel, region by region through your image you encounter alot of details you would most probably haven't noticed otherwise, can really give the image your own stamp, your identity (not just some color presets) and you will learn a thing or two about perception of the human eye as well.
That said, the shots are nice as they are but I think you could work on your choice of perspective (and corresponding on your choice of lenses). If there's enough place around you may want to shoot that church from further away with a larger zoom extended to help the image lines (in this case vertical lines) flow more parallel (the obilisk in the foreground is bowed to the right due to short f-stop, don't know the exifs but I'd bet that's around 22 mm), while the windmill is shot from too far away (imho and I don't know if another perspective might have ruined the shot), but considering the large blades and the fence as foreground element, I think you could have shot from further below and closer range with a shorter f-stop too help the decreasing width of the mill and the length of the blades. I don't know the locations and I can only imagine different angles so you might just not listen to what I just said but might keep the general idea in mind.
On the borders: The point I tried to make about the borders was that you may want to chose one layout for all of them and use this very layout for every of your pictures too help create a coherent style in your presentation (the pictures them selves shouldn't need any kind of border anyway, you can always just place a LoB (large on black) link).
Keep up your good work (it's good work, the text above is just too long
) and post some more of your shots 
-
Call it nitpicky but I don't like the Lil' Chew Chew scribble on the sides (handwritten stuff). Apart: Great model, perfect match to the artstyle

-
Mood is pretty good on these screenshots (although the G-Mod posing (i assume you used gmod?) is a bit out of place). Gonna give it a try hopefully (not playing much DoDS anymore).
-
Looks very nice - not sure if it has too much noise/detail going around for fast paced gameplay but then again, UT3 is always about having alot of details in the levels.
-
wait... waht cryengine you're talking bout?
looks cool hp
sounds like a nice game, just curious what kind of editor controls you have on a ps3 o_O -
-
-
welcome to PP

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3351/326 ... 011021.jpg that one is a bit off. the perspective is plain boring (in opposite to your other shots of course).
While all the shots are great, your watermarks and borders are a bit distracting. Keep them out or find one solution you want to use for all of them.
Last shot and the cross are most awesome.

-
university is to timeconsumpting

-
Junior Technical Artist. Just ask your Linked In sometimes

-
Quote
they also remove the team-centric strategy of past titles.
So that is called Quake or Serious Sam if I'm not mistaken?
-
awesome Q/A right there. nice job and pretty good thing he answered to all these questions... Casali is the best

check out his webpage
http://www.dcasali.com/home.html -
wait BF1943 is a graphical updated 1942 (using it's gameplay but Heroes Engine?) or is it Heroes with "serious" graphics (using the BF42 graphics?).
Whatever: Game looks great in respect to what BF42 did, not sure about the 24 players limitation though. I'm with warby though: What's the matter with EA/DICE releasing every patch/update/graphic mod as an own game dividing player bases? They would at least sell the same number of copies if they give free updates to theyr games, because the player base numbers would explode... (Steam support would be nice too!!!)
Bad Company looks cool but I never got around to play the first one and always just enjoyed the trailers...
-
Flammkuchen isn't pizza
It's delicious though... Not as delicious as the beer but still awesome 