more like orange box 2 - episode 3 and portal 3 *fingers crossed*
Posts by e-freak
-
-
i'm currently in the "comfort" of a games related path of study at a university and really, what I experienced at interview situations is that the studys are nice, the projects you do there are interesting and the mods you worked on and the mod scenes you've been in are the ones that count. I got an internship recently where I would usually work in production tools (just cleaning up data really) but when I told I was in Mods and Maps I got the opportunity to work on something much more advanced and self-controlled.
But lets not turn this into university discussion, just 2 cents on how Modding-Background can still be important even for university backgrounds.
-
well a lot of people tend to work on own small projects like TF2 hats and maps, and while mapping has always been around, chances of getting into a commercial already released game have never been better, same is true for hats (playerskins earlier times).
-
Quote from Doug Lombardi
Dear Subject Name Here,Aperture Science is pleased to inform you that we have partnered with Valve to announce the gala CANCELLATION of the June 14 Portal 2 event at the Regal Theater. The event will be replaced by a surprise. And even though the cancellation of the event certainly counts as a surprise, we are pleased to further announce that the cancellation of the event is not THE surprise. However, per International treaties regarding the definition of the word "surprise", of which both Aperture Science and Valve are signatories, the time, date and content of the actual surprise will only become available as you experience the surprise.
If you'd like to ask fruitless questions about the E3 Portal 2 surprise or, more fruitfully, schedule an appointment to attend a Portal 2 screening at the Valve booth during E3, please contact Valve's Special Envoy to Surprises, Doug Lombardi.
Thank you for <>
PS: The surprising record scratch is also not the surprise.
-
i don't know if I already found the end, was kinda stuck after
Quotethe rebel station
but I'm really enjoying it so far.
-
will give it a shot for sure! looks great.
-
sick! great camera

-
more like: fuck sony for still thinking 19th century ip law.
-
awesome! really loved it... nothing gameplay breaking but to see a kind of story/atmosphere being told by so little and simplistic graphics and music is genius.
-
Hey Helder, happy birthday and all the best... hope you get some good cake in Crysis 2 (not that lie stuff from portal again
) 
-
sadly it doesn't exist anymore. did it in a workshop at university and had to clash the clay again

-
-
hot! only worry why the aliens became humanoid.
-
*insert-fat-smile-here*
-
saw this last week, when Saku Lehtinen spoke about it at the FMX in Stuttgart. I'd love to see this on PC, because the tools are totally amazing...
-
Lost - The Movie

-
Quote from Mazy
probably gonna get Torchlight tomorrow (Never tried it, it's supposed to be quite good
).make sure you have all tasks done and no deadlines ahead because that game will probably suck away every second of your time, irrelevant if you're supposed to work or not. it's the best hack'n'slay rpg ever made!
-
-
ABSOLUTELY AWESOME...
-
Quote from The Vulture
What do you mean with "no route or gameplay"? How can you see such a thing with only screenshots? You make it sound like a bad thing but personally I can't really think of why it would be bad.
well routes are necessary even in open world gameplay. something like a hotspot, an obvious hint, a light source - atm it looks like nice postcards (again this might be due to the nature of the screenshots and ingame/moving pictures it might be more obvious) but I can't spot what's the purpose or upcoming thing in the map.