Posts by e-freak
-
-
i don't know shit about the italian architecture but why not do big gates like on medieval buildings or farms?
-
looked at both renders with 3d glasses but it didn't turn out

looks good though
-
NEVER NEVER USE THAT!
I had it for a bout 3 Months and it instantly crashes the explorer.exe at random.
-
Looks like they crossed LotR with Dark Messiah - AWESOME

-
I klicked on the damn link as well - Ban the f*cker

-
and they are in general they're to bright and look like straight sunshine ontop or self illuminated
-
DL now - Thank you very very much.
-
Kafkaesk - some may seem it as art, others may just agree that mad keeps being mad.
-
mood image meant that you could instantly crack out a moodpainting out of these images. they just give awesome references for painting

-
what can we germans say there beer is affordable...

-
some cool shots here - I can imagine some really good mood-images done with these

-
how much beer was it (and what does it coast in finland o_O)Seems like fun (apart from her: http://www.laakkonen.net/beerfloating/goal.jpg)

-
THIS IS SPARTA (just my 300 pages comment)
I think the problem with the advert is that it doesn't shine enough.
-
The last picture is awesome but - zomg - lacks an ISO-Value?
For the first picture: I really like it but using ISO100 (or lower if possible) and a longer shuttertime would have given it more imho - longer shuttertime caused by iso values often allow a higher color-range, especally then shooting in RAW. - that's my next question - did you do them in RAW or JPEG?
anyways: I really like all the fotos, the "penner-foto" especally looks very well.
-
you have a good hand for fotos
seems all very nice - do you use a tripod as well? -
superb - now tweak out a nice scene with this texture

-
maybe just tone the normal contrast down?
-
So did you try out to install a game like Battlefield 1942 from release CD? Searching hours for patches and then another hour for a working mirror is not what I think is amusing. Same goes for the most mods.
Imagine you downloaded "that little code-mod" back in the day but you never played it again so it stays v0.1 and someday you just want to give it another try. now go, find the modpage, fiddle through hundreds of frontpage templates before you find out the current version info, find out what patch you need (b1, b2, b2a, b1.2, b3...) and then get a mirror which will not make you suffer the 1kB/s death.
If Steam would allow a SVN-Like distributor embedded in its gui and if they want to save Bandwith mix the server-side dist with an additional peer2peer exchanger even the smallest mod would stand a chance.
-
allthough I love Steam as a tool I think it is the reason why so many mods die nowadays. The "Userfriendliness" argument hits the nail - players expect Patches to deliver themselves. Look at the times we played Half-Life in the WON and you had to download every patch yourself (or even got it from a gaming magazine once a month) - the willingness to patch a mod back then was bigger because people were used to fiddle around with version numbers and download hotpatches every here and there. But get used to Battle.net or Steam and then try to convince yourself to visit the modpage of all the mods you have regularly. I think the popularity and support and community-strength of the mods would be rising if they would give steam-access to the mod-teams or release custom-map-patches over battle.net.