1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. e-freak

Posts by e-freak

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 7:28 PM

    I should say that the very same picture is flicker free on my secondary monitor (a 15" TFT on VGA)

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 5:53 PM

    I will update to that beta - thanks Thrik. It just happens it works atm after I put the DVI Cable out to test it on my dad's lcd and then that one didn't work at all and i put the cable to my own lcd again the artifacts were gone (at least for the moment).

    edit:

    forget it - it's even worse :/

  • Pixel flickering

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 4:35 PM

    As the Orangebox was released yesterday I updated my graphic-card's driver.

    I'm using a GeForce 7800GT 256MB from Club3d and updated the driver before the release to version 164.71 (latest one)

    Yesterday I didn't have any troubles and could play through Portal and Episode 2 without facing any graphicclitches (but maybe just didn't saw them).

    Today I started Portal again and on the 2Dimensional Loadingscreen I saw some Pixels flickering. They had the basecolor of the image but seemed to be way brighter. Then the Backgroundmap appeared other pixels flickered and during the game it seemed that some pixels flickered as well (hard to say because with constant moving you can't spot them so fast if they are just a little brighter or real flickering).

    So I started Episode 2 and the same phenomen showed up. I didn't care so far but then I just started Digital Photo Professional (Canon Tool to work out RAW-Photos) I had those flickering pixels as well again.

    I tried to move the window and those pixels moved along so I don't think it is a problem caused by dead or dying pixels on my LCD (Benq FP91V on DVI)

    I think it has to be the driver who's causing the problem but I wonder why it should do so. The old version ran stable and without any problems and I couldn't find any related topics at google

    I made a Portal Screenshot and looked at it in Photoshop - same effect. So it is defineatly a problem with the graphics card in general not with 3D-Rendering or what ever.

    Made a (fake) animation to show what it does and painted the pixels in the matching color so you can see what it looks like:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/unbenannt-1qls.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.abload.de/img/screens86.jpg]

  • Everything ;)

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 3:57 PM

    and these lenses work with it? because they look a little older (DDR) and more like Revue-Lenses?

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 12:52 PM

    On Portal: The SDK-Project guy had an idea noted down at his page I find quiet intresting:

    "My first though was: “Uhmmm… Alyx’s mother?”."

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 10:24 AM

    *Spoiler* Rick_D:

    The Labs in which Portal play (apperature science) were the former competitor to Black Mesa. The Ship you are going to look for in Episode 3 (which you've seen in Episode 2 and from where Mossman sends the message in Episode 1) is the ship of Apperature Science and Elli warns you to destroy the ship because of "a thing" that has such uncontrollable powers that it should not exist... Dr. Kleiner on the other hand wants to use the ship (anyone LotR?)

  • Everything ;)

    • e-freak
    • October 11, 2007 at 9:10 AM

    Nice - what cam do you use?

  • Crysis - Official System Requirements

    • e-freak
    • October 10, 2007 at 9:25 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    newsflash:There are gamers/consumers out there who do not use Steam.

    was that my point? no.

    It was just a more represantive stat than asking intel and nvidia "Wanna have a cup of tea and a cake and tell us everyone needs new graphic-cards?"

  • Half-Life Episode 2 (Contains spoilers!)

    • e-freak
    • October 10, 2007 at 9:23 PM

    I don't have any censoring but on the other hand I've not bought my obox the "normal way"...

    That's said enough on that topic - I've just finished it and it is pure awesome! The ending is so tragical and the new g-man revealings o_O

  • Crysis - Official System Requirements

    • e-freak
    • October 10, 2007 at 6:22 PM

    I've got 256 MB but it is the minimum - sick if you ask me. That's one of the points I love Steam for:

    http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey.html

    This Data is collected by every Steam-User (volutneer) and is the data valve develops at. Not Intel or NVidia who cry out "Let's get more highend sellings".

    Crysis Minimum: Percentage of Steam Users who are just Minimum or even lower

    Processor - 2.8 GHz or faster (XP) :Around 70% of Steam Users can not play Crysis because of theyr CPUs on a higher setting than Low or not at all.

    Memory - 1.0 GB RAM (XP) : ~70% of Steam Users can not play Crysis because of too less Ram on a higher setting than Low or not at all.

    Video Card -256 MB** : ~30 % have less than 256 MB Vram, ~40% have at least 256 MB Vram (that allows them - I say it again: Minimum Specs)

    Hard Drive - 12GB : Around 80% of the Users have at least 10 or more Gigabyte free. - OK

    So Crytek basically shuts the door for around 70% of the gamers? Assuming that of those left 30% 75% are FPS Gamers who are potential Crysis buyers you have 22,5% of Gamers left as a Targetgroup. I don't know - Izuno may know better - but I assume that of a potential Targetgroup around 10% will buy a game if it sells good. That is 2,25% who would buy this game (but I assume this is still much too high)

  • Crysis - Official System Requirements

    • e-freak
    • October 10, 2007 at 4:48 PM

    The HDD sounds reasonable but what the f*ck did you thought who could play this? Look at the orangebox which can be played at full details with your minimum requirements... Someone forgot to have a look at the targetgroup before making that specs?

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • e-freak
    • October 10, 2007 at 12:29 PM

    Portal had some lengths and was quite tricky to beat but the humor is so f*cking funny and the outro is the best thing we have seen in a long time - ascii art ftw.

    Ep2 is decrypting atm

  • De_Forest Released!!

    • e-freak
    • October 9, 2007 at 4:16 PM

    Awesome map - i posted it up on HLPortal so it should get some nice resonannce here in germany (and austria and swiss)

  • Soldier of Fortune 3?

    • e-freak
    • October 9, 2007 at 4:14 PM

    Budget means it is build with less money than a normal title. The publisher decides on taking an older engine, lower standards or whatever so the production is cheaper and the resulting price for the customer is cheaper as well (e.g. 20€). This is often used to give small dev-studios the chance to work on a own title while not having such a big risk or ripping off the last money from an already dead series.

  • ctf_stronghold (beta)

    • e-freak
    • October 7, 2007 at 11:06 AM

    The blue base is too bright imho but apart from it it is an 100% fetch of the TF2 look - gj

  • MapCore Job Census

    • e-freak
    • September 27, 2007 at 7:53 PM

    FEAR was awesome - good job you've got there

  • Wacom

    • e-freak
    • September 27, 2007 at 6:42 PM

    Get the cheapest

    Tbh - when starting texturing you should try to get into materials and such first. There's a whole lot to experience without a wacom and you can get the wacom later then you feel you really have the thrill for textures.

    On the wacom itself once more - don't get a plagiat (like medion, pentagram or whatever) but use an original wacom - the plagiats all use battery pens and suck on reaction and detail (as i had to experience myself )

  • Yo guys, i need some advices about an illustration <:)

    • e-freak
    • September 27, 2007 at 4:13 PM

    the resolution is too high for the final webpage imho but that's just a sidenode

    Mainly this is an awesome sketch and the idea itself sounds cool but I would add some kind of splash on the clickable parts, so for example paint some beams around the head of the head of the "clicker" and you could animate that beams as well for the hovering

  • go-kart model

    • e-freak
    • September 26, 2007 at 8:41 PM

    textures in higher resolutions? why not give some work to your fellow mapcorians?

  • [FGD] Team Fortress 2 Beta FGD

    • e-freak
    • September 26, 2007 at 7:24 AM

    Have you ever seen 3d mike's VIP mod for counter-strike source?

    Do you really think there won't be any chance for a Hunted Mod for TF2 IF! Valve doesn't plant it with a patch?

    When I asked Torsten (Valve) at the GC about the maps he said what is obvious:

    >>Valve has never left a game's maplist untouched after release.

    You can be quite sure there will be new maps with the patches and I could imagine that these will bring multi-team support and/or the hunted.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™