1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Rokusho39

Posts by Rokusho39

  • Rock 24 - Single Player Half Life 2 Mod

    • Rokusho39
    • November 18, 2006 at 7:44 PM

    Lets have a whack at it, I like to consider myself a connoisseur of HL2 SP mods. It's always a nice break from the norm and can be more enjoyable than the actual game.

  • Very long compile on VVIS (Source)

    • Rokusho39
    • November 1, 2006 at 10:11 PM

    *goes off to put in hint brushes in all doorways*

  • Very long compile on VVIS (Source)

    • Rokusho39
    • November 1, 2006 at 1:23 PM

    Well, thnks for the help guys. I have so far managed to get from this:

    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Rokusho39/before.jpg]

    To here:

    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Rokusho39/after.jpg]

    Granted there is a lot more still to do, until I'm confortable with it, but its definetly a start in my opinion. Probably take me a couple more days until I get something worth trying a compile with.

  • Very long compile on VVIS (Source)

    • Rokusho39
    • October 31, 2006 at 9:46 AM

    Well, I have alredy func_detailed everything that isn't blocking the line of sight of players. I think my main problem is the skybox, I simply put a square one that surrounded the entire map...

    My map is also based on a town in the same style as de_italy, so there was a lot of sloping roofs and plenty on non-90 degree geometry kicking about. It is also mostly multi leveled, probably screwing the VVIS up. Sigh.

    I'll be having a whack at fixing it during this week. Cheers for the feedback.

  • Very long compile on VVIS (Source)

    • Rokusho39
    • October 30, 2006 at 7:06 PM

    During my map compiling, it will comfortable do the VBSP and VRAD quite quickly with HDR (around 30 min). However, because I didn't do the VVIS, the map runs very poorly. I have tried looking at various optimisation guides and have tried my best to optimise my map as much as possible. However as I normally do small maps I have very little experience with optimisation.

    Recently, I have tried to compile fully and even after 12 hours, the VVIS was only just over 40%. Should it take this long? Is there anything anyone can suggest? Any help at all will be greatly appreciated.

  • dm_drift

    • Rokusho39
    • October 26, 2006 at 1:19 PM

    Its really good looking, I just can't seem to play it...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Rokusho39
    • October 26, 2006 at 1:14 PM

    Well, this map literally started on a wet weekend during the summer and is nearly complete. It doesn;t have far to go until its finished and its the first map I feel was worth posting here.

    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Rokusho39/de_corsica0001.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Rokusho39/de_newmap40000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Rokusho39/de_newmap0004.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™