1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. JamesL

Posts by JamesL

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • JamesL
    • September 12, 2007 at 1:37 PM

    I'll certainly try Fortress Forever in addition to TF2. I mean, its free ...

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • JamesL
    • September 12, 2007 at 11:07 AM

    Bought it and preloaded it onto my work PC in a frighteningly fast 4 minutes. Never realised just how stonkingly fast the connection in our office actually was.

    See you guys for a game on Monday then I guess

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • JamesL
    • September 12, 2007 at 9:29 AM

    Twenty two quid for all that lot is a bargain. I'd pay that for TFC2 alone

  • ePenis++

    • JamesL
    • September 11, 2007 at 10:35 AM

    Hessi that makes my PC look like an antique

  • Euro mutt

    • JamesL
    • September 11, 2007 at 10:00 AM

    100% European

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • JamesL
    • September 7, 2007 at 9:45 AM

    NOes!!!1

  • The BioShock Thread! For people who have finished it yo

    • JamesL
    • September 4, 2007 at 9:56 AM

    I have to say I was somewhat disappointed with the Big Daddy transformation. After seeing Rosie drop the fat ass rivet gun thing she used as a weapon I was fully expecting to get access to that for the Big Daddy section. But noooooo all you get is a porthole to look through...

  • The Ship sequel announced

    • JamesL
    • September 3, 2007 at 6:15 PM

    Great news mate. Glad to hear small devs can still get backing for original games

  • Time to move on..

    • JamesL
    • September 3, 2007 at 4:54 PM

    Good luck mate. Wish I could go back to the student life!

  • The BioShock Thread! For people who have finished it yo

    • JamesL
    • September 3, 2007 at 12:09 PM

    Too right, the game is nails on hard. They must have like 3-4 times the amount of health they do on normal setting. Good fun though although I am dead a whole crapload more often than on my last playthrough.

  • Ubisoft Titles Go Free On Fileplanet

    • JamesL
    • August 31, 2007 at 10:10 PM

    Awesome!

    If only I hadn't paid ful price for all those games when they came out

  • How are you doing?

    • JamesL
    • August 31, 2007 at 10:07 PM

    Life is good.

    In the middle of buying a house in Brighton UK with my missus of the last 12 years. Working a job with Sony which has great perks even if it's corporate as fook and gets on my tits from time to time for being so bloody arrogant and lacking in imagination.

    My record collection continues to grow, I have some great buddies who are into the same kinda stupid shit that I am (games, drinking & smoking too much and generally being a stupid arse). I have a wicked cat who I fight with on a regular basis and constantly have scratches all over my hands and legs from (Bless!).

    My family are all healthy and happy and TBH every time I ever start complaining about anything I tend to feel a bit guilty, since I probably have a better life than just about 99.99% of all people who have ever lived before me on Earth.

    Put that in yer pipe and smoke it

  • I'm pretty much done with any modern PC games...

    • JamesL
    • August 30, 2007 at 5:12 PM

    No disrespect intended to anyone but simply put, get a job and buy both

  • Halo 3

    • JamesL
    • August 30, 2007 at 1:28 PM
    Quote from Warby

    i never understood the deal with halo it is/was always a below average looking/playing first person shooter the only original thing about it is the actual ring shape of the planet ... which is barely the focus of attention since halo 2

    Sorry but as a lifelong Sci-Fi fan I gotta point out that the ringworld was blatantly nicked from Larry Niven's awesome 1970 novel.

    http://%7boption%7d

    If you've not read it and like sci-fi you're seriously missing out.

  • That other BioShock thread

    • JamesL
    • August 30, 2007 at 9:49 AM

    Praps a "Finished Bioshock?" thread is in order?

  • It lives!

    • JamesL
    • August 29, 2007 at 11:34 AM

    Aye simple to use and navigate, nice work.

    Could do with a bigger logo praps? With such a nice domain name you should be able to get a great logo on the go

  • Looking for headphones

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 7:50 PM

    Just tape the cord to the side of yer head

  • AVP2 trailer

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 4:59 PM

    Looks like 100% action and zero storyline.

    PERFECT!

  • HL2 map designer needed

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 3:30 PM

    In commercial terms $1000 for a map is fek all. However if you are genuine Strahan, it would be a great first paid project for someone wanting to get into the industry.

    Give it a while for the folks who visit Mapcore to view and I should imagine you'll find someone willing and skilled enough to give you what you want.

    In terms of a working arrangement I would suggest agreed deliverables at various stages of the project and part payment at each of these milestones to show good faith.

    Good luck to you.

  • That other BioShock thread

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 1:19 PM

    Aye shottie was my staple until I got the crossbow. Nothing more satisfying than 1 hit kill headshots at range

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™