1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. JamesL

Posts by JamesL

  • Updated VTF Shell Extensions

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 12:13 PM

    Bit of a late bump from me, but I just wanted to say thanks. Very useful tool

  • That other BioShock thread

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 12:12 PM

    Anyone else find the aim assist on 360 was more of pain than a help? It tracks moving targets but always lags behind then meaning that your view gets dragged around, but you still can't hit them.

    Most annoying (turned it off).

  • That other BioShock thread

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 10:38 AM

    <><>POSSIBLE MINOR SPOILERS <><>

    Completed it in 25-30 hours. Rescued all the Little sisters and got the good ending. Fantastic game, not sure what you meant about a dip before the end Mazy? My only complaint would be that it was sooo very like SS2 in its design. But that was only a minor niggle during the first couple of hours play. I soon got sucked into the atmosphere

    Likewise I thought the Big Daddies a little too easy to kill and the game in general a bit too easy. I played through it on the middle setting and reached the end with max health packs, max Eve syringes, full on most types of ammo and all plasmid/gene tonics maxxed. Couldn't find all the weapon upgrades though despite looking pretty much everywhere.

    Got about 750 of the achievement points and will probably get most of the others when I play through on the hardest setting.

  • Looking for headphones

    • JamesL
    • August 28, 2007 at 10:27 AM

    I agree with Thrik, I got Sennheiser PC161's for my PC and some HD25's for listening to music on. Both have excellent sound quality.

  • Rendering in Team Fortress 2

    • JamesL
    • August 15, 2007 at 9:38 AM

    Nice, rather technical video of the rendering techniques being used for Valve's TFC2

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Borderlands

    • JamesL
    • August 15, 2007 at 9:36 AM

    FMP why are you wasting your life making such utterly worthless posts?

  • [BETA] de_losttemple2

    • JamesL
    • August 13, 2007 at 7:54 PM

    Looking forwards to playing this one. The first map was excellent fun especially for the zombie mod.

  • Value-Games

    • JamesL
    • August 13, 2007 at 7:49 PM

    Not to put a dampener on your idea, which I think is a very good one, but personally I don't believe the Games industry is mature enough yet to create such a game without trivialising the subject matter.

    Games can certainly be very absorbing and their stories compelling, but I for one cannot say as I have ever learnt a moral or life lesson from a video game. Not that games have not attempted to tackle this type of subject matter, just that none have succeeded to the same degree as the best movies have.

    But as I said previously, we are an industry and art form still in relative infancy. I eagerly await the game that moves me to the extent that film can/has.

    /wonders what the rest of you think

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • JamesL
    • August 13, 2007 at 7:41 PM

    Awesome, I'll be grabbing it then.

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • JamesL
    • August 13, 2007 at 9:23 AM

    Arrgh can't decide whether I want to play the demo or not. Are there spoilers?

  • New pictures of starcraft motherfucking two

    • JamesL
    • August 10, 2007 at 10:31 AM

    Fookin ace, can't wait to play it.

  • Xbox 360 price drops announced...

    • JamesL
    • August 10, 2007 at 9:19 AM
    Quote from Dark

    I guess it 120 gb harddrive, 1080p capibility. Other than that nothing, heh

    My regular year old premium version does 1080p its not just the Elite. It was in an update about 6 or more months ago. They've hacked the frame buffer to bits to get it to work though I'm told.

    Quote from Psycho

    If true, LOL.

    Already in stores in the US apparently:

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Xbox 360 price drops announced...

    • JamesL
    • August 9, 2007 at 10:30 AM

    Apparently the latest versions of the 360 Premium being shipped now have HDMI outputs on them.

    /Wonders what the Elite actually has going for it now

  • Stranglehold Demo on Live

    • JamesL
    • August 9, 2007 at 9:35 AM

    Fun but utterly ridiculous.

  • Character designs from Assassin's Creed

    • JamesL
    • August 7, 2007 at 2:29 PM

    Wonder if they will ship a collectors edition with free Jade Raymond figurine

    I'll stop derailing my own thread now.

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • JamesL
    • August 3, 2007 at 9:18 AM

    I sooo need one of those.

  • Crysis release date announced

    • JamesL
    • August 2, 2007 at 8:34 PM

    Giant transforming robots,with ridiculously oversized guns, that use steroid saturated guard dogs for ammo, that in flight open their mouths and fire tac nukes out of them.

    No-one listens to me either. But back on topic, f*ck yeah gonna have to spend some cash on a new gfx card to play this monster.

  • Futurama Returns In 2008!~

    • JamesL
    • August 2, 2007 at 4:50 PM

    Kiss my shiny metal ass

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • JamesL
    • August 2, 2007 at 10:17 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    turntables do you dj in your spare time

    Only for fun. I am using my records a lot for sampling off of in my spare time too.

    Quote from st0lve

    I love the sound of Vinyl. Even new songs on Vinyl sound so much more "classy" than digital sound.

    Couldn't agree more mate.

    Quote from buddy the designer

    He's got radioactive turntables from the Zone.

    Slammin Vinyl, '92 Rave-tastic

  • Post your room pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • JamesL
    • August 1, 2007 at 8:18 PM

    Look at the size of that Mapcore!

    It's a Dell 24". Looks lush but my 7800GT struggles running current gen games at native res. Need a better card but keep spunking all my cash on records.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™