1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. dissonance

Posts by dissonance

  • So are video games art?

    • dissonance
    • January 25, 2006 at 10:32 AM

    As I understand it, art is anything that evokes a strong reaction/emotion in the viewer. Games most certianly do that.

    I could be all wrong, too. :/

  • Layout tips and musts

    • dissonance
    • December 7, 2005 at 10:47 PM

    Yeah, I have an urge to map as well, but Hammer is borked beyond belief.

  • Quick question.

    • dissonance
    • October 27, 2005 at 8:39 AM

    I hope this is the right forum for this. I think it is; nothing else sounded right.

    Anywho:

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v24/ssb_gaia/street6_2_b0120000.jpg]

    Lighting: too much? Too little? Personally, I like it but I think it could stand to be increase a bit. I just want to know what the rest of you think.

    Keep in mind that this will eventually be home to a few manhacks.

  • Ray Tracing

    • dissonance
    • October 17, 2005 at 6:22 AM
    Quote from DanielAragon

    that looks relaly fucking good...is it photoshoped?

    If I remember correctly, yes, but only because it was/is a multi-pass image. Refelections are rendered, then added on to a color render, then onto a shadow image, etc.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™