1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. General Vivi

Posts by General Vivi

  • [HL2:EP2] The Masked Prisoner

    • General Vivi
    • September 10, 2014 at 10:29 AM

    Looks sick man! I'll try it out tomorrow! Might stream myself playing it. (Mmmm)

    Edit: omg, mike, I was wondering where they hell you went LOL.

    You have such a sick portfolio! Just felt like saying that

  • Corwin's house renovation adventure

    • General Vivi
    • September 8, 2014 at 12:32 PM

    I love this project! I love this project! I... LOVE... THIS... PROJECT...!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • General Vivi
    • September 6, 2014 at 8:26 PM

    Nice map! Welcome to the Core.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • General Vivi
    • September 5, 2014 at 2:07 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • [Tutorial] Adding detail to your object using UV`s and slideknit

    • General Vivi
    • August 23, 2014 at 8:53 PM

    Thanks for sharing


    Note: fixed your blog link

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • General Vivi
    • August 23, 2014 at 10:00 AM

    This one guy just walks right out of hut and I'm like... WUT


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Do you enjoy your job in the games industry?

    • General Vivi
    • August 20, 2014 at 9:46 AM

    I still have manager friends that work there. They let my wife and I in for free

  • Do you enjoy your job in the games industry?

    • General Vivi
    • August 20, 2014 at 1:24 AM

    I remember the day I quite my job at the movie theater. The boss was like "get on the floor and scrub under the popcorn machine" and I had already clocked out and it was super late. He was being such a dick and used to bully everyone (still does to this day from what I've heard). I took my work shirt off and left. I had people running out the back door like "Jason come back!!!!!". (It was like a movie scene)


    Next week I applied and got an internship at Gearbox Software. I remember coming back for my final paycheck and showing my portfolio to my coworkers. My old boss was working that day and said to me "You'll never amount to anything".


    Now every time I see him at the theater, I can't stop this giant grin from spreading across my face.


    Feels good.


    I love making games for a living. It's just, the best

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • General Vivi
    • August 18, 2014 at 5:06 AM
    Quote from El_Exodus

    Just got the silver thingy


    #JustSilverThings

  • LEVEL-DESIGN.org Knowledge Base is available!

    • General Vivi
    • August 18, 2014 at 1:45 AM

    Great stuffffffffffffffffff

  • What's going on with your life?

    • General Vivi
    • August 18, 2014 at 1:42 AM
    Quote from Psy

    Been offered a job at Ubisoft to work on The Division which is awesome, but the pay is less than what I'm currently on, it's a 6 month fixed contract, and I would have to relocate. So...hmm...not sure what to do. Very tough call to make!


    NOPE

  • Silent Hills

    • General Vivi
    • August 16, 2014 at 10:54 AM

    Such an awesome demo. I love how realistic the house and lighting looks. Great job.

  • Mathis Widrat - Environment Artist

    • General Vivi
    • August 13, 2014 at 11:33 AM

    People get onto me sometimes about wanting to keep old content. To be honest though, I love seeing what people worked on and how far they've come in their careers. It also shows character and experience learned. If anything, please add an "Older works" section where you can post some of your older levels.


    Atm, my portfolio is sorta messy with older stuff towards the bottom but I think I'm going to put it all behind a "personal works" button.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • General Vivi
    • August 12, 2014 at 4:45 AM

    Last round #NegevPrayer


    Happened to me yesterday.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Robin Williams has passed

    • General Vivi
    • August 12, 2014 at 4:33 AM

    I'm going to miss him and his amazing humor.

  • DOTA 2

    • General Vivi
    • August 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM

    I started looking into making a "Settlers of Catan" remake for Dota. "Settlers of Dota"


    it would require the ability to click on things tho. I bet there is a script that I could write for that. hmmmm

  • DOTA 2

    • General Vivi
    • August 8, 2014 at 10:14 AM
    Quote from e-freak

    So are we setting up a Mapcore Dota 2 Mod Team with Skype channel?


    I think mapcore chat will be good for now just idle in there when you can.

  • DOTA 2

    • General Vivi
    • August 8, 2014 at 10:13 AM

    I was trying to find some new scripting entities that would allow you to control :


    Items : if players can buy them / use them / if you can just give players all items / certain items. ect.

    Heroes: if you can just force all players to be a specific hero with certain abilities.


    Can we decompile their maps from the main game? The tutorial maps would be a great starting point.

  • DOTA 2

    • General Vivi
    • August 8, 2014 at 12:39 AM

    scaling props is fun

  • DOTA 2

    • General Vivi
    • August 7, 2014 at 11:07 AM

    I would like to make something quick and dirty next week. If anyone wants to hook up and get something done.


    Wouldn't mind some kind of mini-game or contained mode.


    -capture the flag (cheese)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™