1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ⌐■_■

Posts by ⌐■_■

  • 9800 Pro 256Mb from Xpertvision!!one!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 15, 2006 at 9:23 PM

    Hey!

    Card worked out great as far as I can tell yet.

    Got Doom III on high (before I couldn't even play it on medium)

    HL2 is a little better in framerate but alot more stable.

    As far as the card itself: it came in a nice box wich included the cables, drivers and even a copy of PowerDVD 5! The cooler is rather small and ugly, but I just ordered an artic cooler rev. 3. I also ordered it because I want to OC my PRO to an XT.

    Just now, I'm very pleased with the card. Performance is much better and the quality seems allright, really.

    This was my story.

  • [WIP] Dm_cloudcity (updated 2006-09-05) (Final beta)

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 13, 2006 at 1:32 PM

    Great work and great improvement. The scyscrapers really get the atmosphere going!

    Things that might use some improvement:

    - spaceships: they look sort of flat (are you using a texture for them?)

    - the quality of your screenshots!

    Great work and: succes!

  • small step for man..

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 13, 2006 at 10:59 AM

    Who is Jonathan?

  • [WIP] Presidio

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 13, 2006 at 10:56 AM

    Awesome rox but I have to agree with ball here. I think ball just named the best options for adding detail.

  • 9800 Pro 256Mb from Xpertvision!!one!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 13, 2006 at 10:49 AM

    The ti 4800 is very good card, allthough rather old. I can still remember the time I purchased a 2ndhand ti4600 and found out it had a melted core..

    Of course I just spent all my money for that upgrade (I usually never have a lot of money, I'm student).

    Anyhow, thanks for the link Irish, now I can put my mind at rest!

    Today I'll probably receive my 9800 Pro but I'm not sure if I'll have the time to install it. If not, I'll have to wait to monday.

    I'll leave a short reply about my findings.

    Oh, and I'm making plans to also get myself another cooler and to softmod the motha to a XT instead of a PRO..

  • FINISHED HANDSHOT!!

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 13, 2006 at 9:06 AM

    huh?

  • 9800 Pro 256Mb from Xpertvision!!one!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 13, 2006 at 9:03 AM

    /bumpedibump

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 12, 2006 at 7:28 PM

    I love it Schmung. Nice work

  • [WIP] Presidio

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 12, 2006 at 12:08 PM

    Yeah, caves rock!

    (I meant that)

  • WIP / DOD SARCE MAPLOL

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 12, 2006 at 12:06 PM

    Oh boy

    Curman's got a little brother..

  • Militia Source and Kalt Source incoming...

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 12, 2006 at 12:16 AM

    Glider, jagd and vincenza are the most underrated maps ever.

  • 9800 Pro 256Mb from Xpertvision!!one!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 11, 2006 at 5:48 PM

    I paid exactly 110,75 euro for it. And that includes shipment.

    I have found an article revieuwing one of expertvisions videocards (not mine, unforunatly). It described the company as one that delivers raw performance without all the horns and bells other manufacturers do (i.e adding software bundles using fancy coolers etc). I also checked their site (http://%7boption%7d) and it seems to be a clean, standard site. They have not won any awards yet, but I think we can blaim their young age for that.

    Anyhow, one thing that bothers me a bit is that xpertvision is not mentioned in ATI's partnerlist..

  • 9800 Pro 256Mb from Xpertvision!!one!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 11, 2006 at 5:07 PM

    Hi guys,

    I just ordered a Xpertvision 9800pro 256Mb AGP. I know Xpertvision is a young, not-yet-really-tested-or-reviewed company but it was the best and strongest card I could affort with my budget, so I went for it. I know the 9800 pro (256Mb) is a well revieuwed card (price/performance proportion) but I was curious about mapcore's opinion about this card.

    So, what are you're experiences with this card? Does anyone else have xpertvision hardwares?

    tomato

  • FINISHED HANDSHOT!!

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 11, 2006 at 4:56 PM

    Thanks Daniël. That was indeed what I ment.

  • FINISHED HANDSHOT!!

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 10, 2006 at 7:38 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/6665/handshot0sl.gif]

  • WIP "Causality Effect"

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 9, 2006 at 8:12 AM

    Awesome trailer man. Looks like some good gameplay.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 9, 2006 at 8:06 AM

    You have ur own thread. Why also put it in this thread.

    I say: spam.

  • [Wip]dod_Breugel *updated*

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 5, 2006 at 5:18 PM

    Wow, that looks really really sweet! Only thing that caught my eye was the not fitting hl2 foiliage.

  • [Wip]dod_Breugel *updated*

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 5, 2006 at 3:07 PM

    Yup, that's holland

  • Hammer is more than just a level editor...

    • ⌐■_■
    • January 4, 2006 at 11:40 PM

    No.

    You took about 10 minutes to take a silly picture and to post it on mapcore.

    They took about 10 seconds to find one on Google. Point is, this thread is pointless.

    Oh, I love dod_switch btw.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™