*sigh* Pirates, Vikings and Knights
Posts by ⌐■_■
-
-
Allthough for me it does not completely spoil the fun, I do agree with skdr. Next time, post some better quality images (preferable a bit larger too, i.e 1024 x 800).
-
Wow. Again: nice job. My recommendation is to change the texture of the wall/ceilinglights on the 4th screenshot. I also believe it's a decal, not a texture...
-
since IMO all proper feedback allready has been given I just want to add: nice map! Keep updating us with new screenshots!

Tips to give walls more depth:
+ add decals (duh)
+ add displacements on small parts
+ make some bricks stick out
+ add pillars
-
Too bad to read this. This was also one of my most anticipated games...

-
I'm amazed...

-
Go Ati!
Music reminds me a bit of AOE II... :roll:
-
This isn't real... right?
RIGHT?

-
Wow nice media, Skjalg!

-
Wha? Are you a mapper, Skjalg? WTF?

-
Just checked. The BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC needs a 450W power supply.
You don't need to worry about the rest of your specs at all. That's perfectly fine.
-
Yeah Holeman, I think you're absolutely right, actually.

This discussion will never end as long as ppl will have different opinions.
-
Eehr.. Your contribution didn't make this thread less stupid, Holeman.

-
The BFG GeForce 6800 GS OC (1st one) seems to deliver the biggest bang for your buck. Apart from the fact that it has higher clockspeeds, it also has a lifetime warranty.
Also be sure to check it's requirements. You might want to buy a new power supply.
-
Quote from Kosmo
That's simple, Kosmo: it's more unique plus it is directly from the hand of the artist.
I'm not an expert art-fan but a 300 yr old painting says something about the culture the artist lived in, his thaughts and the way things were back then. It's also interesting to realize that the paint itself has been brought on the fabric 300 yrs ago by someone who lived right then.
So when there are 300 years old games, you will consider them as art?
And how exactly video games don't represent the current culture? They are afterall a major part of pop-culture.
Quote from killertomatoMaybe that's the reason why there aren't any museums filled with videogames?
There are loads of museums dedicated to videogames. I have even visited one in germany.
Gaming has it's own culture.
There might be some videogame-museum somewhere in Germany. Granted. Does that make games art? Nein.
You see, Kosmo, the art as I like to know it, has some history. A story, I you will. I just don't see games as art, allthough I know it technically is. For me, games are entertainment. I think of a gamedev more like an entertainer then an artist, for that matter.
-
Oh well,
Pls inform the major newspapers: another religionbash at the political discussionboard...

*yawn*
-
Well Klein, maybe you could shed some light on this subject?
Bitte?

-
-
Quote from Kosmo
by what measure they have more going on than, say a game or a movie?
That's simple, Kosmo: it's more unique plus it is directly from the hand of the artist.
I'm not an expert art-fan but a 300 yr old painting says something about the culture the artist lived in, his thaughts and the way things were back then. It's also interesting to realize that the paint itself has been brought on the fabric 300 yrs ago by someone who lived right then.
Maybe that's the reason why there aren't any museums filled with videogames?
-
Art in essence, is the appliance of human creativity, so technically speaking, games are art.
But IMHO it's a cheap form of art. All videogames have a price and are accesable for everyone. A Da Vinci painting or Mozart's 9th symphony have alot more going on.
But that's just my traditional 2 cents..