1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ⌐■_■

Posts by ⌐■_■

  • I just can't f*cking believe it... [graphic content]

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 28, 2006 at 10:43 PM

    Pair found guilty of fatal stab attack

    Two men have been found guilty of a frenzied attack on a university student who was fatally stabbed in the heart as he waited for a lift home after a night out. Daniel Pollen, 20, died after receiving a two-inch stab wound. His friend Andrew Griffiths was repeatedly punched and stabbed in the assault, which was caught on CCTV.


    The pair had been out celebrating Mr Griffiths' 20th birthday on July 8 last year.


    They were waiting for Mr Pollen's sister to pick them up when they were attacked by three men.


    Timmy Sullivan, 19, from Barking, and 25-year-old Michael Onokah, from Ilford, were found guilty of wounding both students with intent.


    They were also found guilty of the grievous bodily harm with intent of Mr Griffiths by a jury at Woolwich Crown Court in southeast London.


    The pair, both painters and decorators, were cleared of murdering Mr Pollen.


    A 17-year-old youth from Stratford, who was 16 at the time of the attack, has already pleaded guilty to murder and grievous bodily harm with intent.


    Mr Pollen, of Buckhurst Hill, Essex, was in his second year at Southampton University studying media when he died.


    Mr Griffiths, a Durham University medical student from Chigwell, Essex, was treated in hospital for his injuries and later discharged.


    He has called for a change in the law to make it a more serious offence to carry a knife.


    "Because of a knife my life will never be the same again, they have taken my best friend from me," he said.

    [Blocked Image: http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/2404/18hb.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/149/23hp.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/607/34sj.gif]

    [Blocked Image: http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/7752/49gm.gif]

    I have watched the video of this.. incident and it really got me furious! Some no-life's take a precious life, a brother, a best vriend, for.. for what? Out of boredom?

    I have no words for it... Where are we going with this world?

    Rest in peace...

  • More... Dallas Arboretum.

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 28, 2006 at 10:32 PM

    superb man!

  • <the TI4600>

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 25, 2006 at 9:06 PM

    Good enough for me

    Polaris and Ginseng: yes, I think I'll be purchasing CoD + UO tomorrow

    Still havent got the card, but meh

  • <the TI4600>

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 25, 2006 at 6:25 PM

    does hl2 run good on it?

  • <the TI4600>

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 24, 2006 at 11:29 PM

    My opinion on that is that has been overrated alot. You see, the ti4600 ruled for so long, that it was about fucking time ATI came up with a faster chip, able to finally beat the ti series. After so much time had past, it would be rather strange to come up with a card, slightly faster than the ti4600... I don't think it's fair to compare both cards. You don't let your grandpa fight a young bloke and think it'd be a fair fight because once grandpa was a boxing champion, right?

    BTW, the ti4200 serie was so awesome because it had the same chip as the 4600, but only lower clocked - wich made the card very stable and even more OC'able. Furthermore I think I read somewhere that the memory on those cards was faster too.

    Marketingtechniques sort of make no sense to me at al sometimes...

    BTW, DUFFY, I also think you don't mean the ti4600 lost most of its fanbase, but the 9700 PRO sort of stole it. You make it sound like it's Nvidia's fault!

  • <the TI4600>

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 24, 2006 at 9:52 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Thats my old card I replaced it 2 years agoWhy buy that now?

    My budget is low, and for once, I want an afforable reliable card that does not shit me everytime I fuck with the settings. I don't care if it's old. As long as I can work for source in Hammer, play games that I like (c&c series, morrowwind: elder scrolls, counterstrike, CoD, Mohaa, etc <- thx polaris) I'm happy.

    So, not only has this card great the the charasteristics I want in a card, it also gave me the most bang for my tiny buck.

    Thanks for al the comments so far guys.

  • <the TI4600>

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 24, 2006 at 1:11 AM

    Once, before the birth of the Ati 9700 PRO, there was a card named Nvidia TI4600. This, my dear sirs, whas an ubercard. The king of kings. The cards of cards. It was a mighty card. A true and worthy warrior of the Nvidia Clan.

    So here I am. I just bought a Nvidia TI4600 (Asus V8460 Ultra) because my OC'ed Ati 9800 PRO died. I think he never wanted to be an XT model... Anyhow, I'm a poor student and I wanted an affordable card with accdeptable performance. After a while of scrolling ebay-like websites, I found the RARE and almost died out TI4600. I decided this would be the one.

    I'm not much of a 'new gen gameplayer' but I like my share of fun too. I can still enjoy playing Medal of Honor, Call of Duty, Counterstrike, Unreal Tournament (2003) without being bothered by the aged graphics.

    I know these games are very playable with the TI4600, but I'm really curious about your experiences with this old king. Tips are appriated, just like good OC guides and stuff.

    I'm also looking for games that fit in the age of my card. Like CoD, UT, etc. Any suggestions? Ik like stategy, first person shooters and action/adventure.

    ~tomato

    For the people who want to know what card I'm talking about:

    Nvidia (specs):

    http://%7boption%7d

    Review by active-hardware:

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 23, 2006 at 1:15 PM

    lol

    Nice pic anyway

  • The random model thread!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 23, 2006 at 1:12 PM

    yeah, thats spot on! I think it's really '5th elementish'.

    I don't think anything is really wrong with the textures, but I do agree with JAL on the windows. Furthermore it somehow looks like the 'scratches' on the car have too much depth or something. Don't think I don't think they look sex, skdr! Just my 2 cents.

  • The random model thread!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 23, 2006 at 3:16 AM

    Warby, that looks very nice. What is it for?!

    skdr, I dig your car man! Very clean and finnished. But I agree with Polaris, what's up with the textures? Is that part of a theme, a style? I like the colors tho.

  • The truth behind "healthy and sweety bidis"

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 22, 2006 at 10:03 PM

    lol. RD, youre a genious!

  • [WIP]: [CS:S] de_shrooms (not psycadelic) **update**

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 22, 2006 at 9:55 PM

    From what I can see I have to say I like the layout! It looks fun yet, with enough landmarks very manouvreable (< is that a word?). As for the 'school theme': I say; stick with it. I like the idea and the fact that its a heated topic shouldn't change anything. Not to start an offtopic discussion but I'd say that it's rather hypocrit to say it's disrespectful to make a school themed map. I mean, we're talking cs here man! For crying out loud... Plus the fact youre just a amature leveldesigner, not a big developementstudio.

  • The truth behind "healthy and sweety bidis"

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 22, 2006 at 11:12 AM

    Never heard of bidis, allthough I live in Europe. This sounds just like another savvy way to profit from naive kids with retarded parents...

    Fuckers

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 21, 2006 at 8:21 PM

    It looks great man!

  • America's Youth...

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 18, 2006 at 6:07 PM

    no.

  • America's Youth...

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 18, 2006 at 2:39 PM

    It's not only America mate.. But I totally agree with you when you ask wtf is wrong with us? Could this be the result of too much freedom? Is there such thing as too much freedom?

    But in contrast to most Islamic countries i.e., I'm glad to live in a western society!

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2006 ~~!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 17, 2006 at 4:08 PM

    Mino, wash them shoes boyh! or whatever suits you man

    Mazy, awesome pic but thats a titcrab isnt it?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 17, 2006 at 9:33 AM

    I think it could fit the skybox better?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 17, 2006 at 12:33 AM

    yeah, looks really really good. Very atmospheric!

    Like sharp said: lighting could be improved a bit.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • May 16, 2006 at 9:42 AM

    Dang yeah. Thats what I thaught when I looked at the map: very sexy fog! I like the feel to it aswell.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™