1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ⌐■_■

Posts by ⌐■_■

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 12, 2007 at 10:24 PM

    I know Slimz is going to be in teh top 3 winnars allready..

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 12, 2007 at 9:28 AM

    I have to go to college and go to work..

    Can't wait for slimZ map though!

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 11, 2007 at 7:25 PM

    Of course!

    I meant that all elements wich normally make sure there's sompetition are corrupted. In other words: the deadline has been delayed.

    The setup was that everybody would have a certain amount of time and the competitive element was to create an as cool as possible dm level for Half-Life. In that time. If I where given a 2 months to create a dm level I would have come up with some whole other level. I would have added tons of extra details, thought it out much better (read: made the layout more complex and maybe even more fun) and made whole other decisions. Decisions that people who benefit from the extra time have the luxury to make.

    But the bottomline is: LD is what this is all about. Not the contest. Not the deadline. So I dare to say: let all maps be finnished, make it a mappack and lets all enjoy it!

    Hope that's clear to you.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 11, 2007 at 6:21 PM

    Why don't we screw the contest. All competitive elements have been corrupted anyways. Just let everybody finnish their maps and make one mappack out of it. Why not?

  • awesome portable games artist

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 10, 2007 at 12:07 AM

    Quality, all the way.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 9, 2007 at 10:51 PM

    Thiefed!

  • Get a degree or not ?

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 9, 2007 at 6:22 PM

    Alltough my studie has almost nothing to do with gaming or even computers, I pay about $1800 dollars a year for college and I have to pay for everyting else myself, since I don't have wealthy parents.. I have to work to pay my college and rent and what not but as long as I can stay alive, study and have some weekly fun I'm happy, but I seriously dó think all knowledge and education should be free of any charge..

    It sucks not being able to learn what you want for financial reasons.. I know what it feels like.

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 8, 2007 at 12:50 PM

    I wanna see the thread you promised.

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 7, 2007 at 8:50 PM
    Quote from Izuno

    Where did you get these specs from?

    Can't recall the site, but it was one of the links the off. site offered as being links to official retailers.

    Must've been the original specs or something. From way back.

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 7, 2007 at 4:38 PM

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 7, 2007 at 8:39 AM

    (I'm the one with the cap.. :chap:)

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 6, 2007 at 9:19 PM

    In class after an intense week of workshops, party'ing and working..

    [Blocked Image: http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/498/s5001152fv9.jpg]

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 6, 2007 at 9:17 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    I bet the reqs will be much higher or they made it totally scaleable but the game looks worse than hl1 on the lowend

    Yeah, I recon..

  • STALKER release date and countdown

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 6, 2007 at 8:39 PM

    Required


    Operating System: Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP

    Processor: Intel Pentium 3 750 Mhz

    Video Card: 16x Graphics Card: 32 MB 3D accelerated with DirectX (gforce2)

    Disk Space: 300 MB

    RAM: 128 MB

    If this is true, then I'm definitly going to have this game...

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 5, 2007 at 3:03 PM

    You live in Brazil right?

    Where's your tan?

  • Random drawings

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 5, 2007 at 11:52 AM

    Your pixelart owns haunts my reverie.

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 5, 2007 at 11:36 AM
    Quote from hamst3r

    I finished my map on time, but I had to cut out many of the ideas / areas I wanted to add.

    ...Me too. But I won't be adding anything anymore. Oldskool contest, oldskool rules I say...

    Also, don't call it a contest Min0z.. :roll:

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 4, 2007 at 9:25 PM

    BAKER OWNS

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 2, 2007 at 5:36 PM

    As always: beautiful!

    Also: what Bic said about the not blending displacements.

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • ⌐■_■
    • February 2, 2007 at 5:30 PM

    This looks all very awesome!

    To comment on the delay: the set date is february the 5th. If we're going to change the date, this will have the following consequenses:

    - We can't (or shouldn't) call it a contest anymore, since the rules have been corrupted (almost after the contest);

    - The outcome can not be judged by the rules of the contest. The contest was to create a cool looking map in the given time. This means that if your map is not finnished by the time the contest ends, you're fucked. And we shouldn't blame anyone for it. This was most probably a fault of your own time-estimation. Too bad.

    I peronally don't have any problems with extending the date, but I think most farest would be to not do it. Let anyone who isn't able to finnish their maps in time, release them later in the same thread. But not as contestants.

    Anyhow Min0z, time to make a thread. Or I will.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™