1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Hipshot

Posts by Hipshot

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • March 23, 2009 at 8:25 AM

    Can you do singleplayer levels for that game now?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • March 22, 2009 at 11:41 PM
    Quote from dux

    FYI that plant pot is clearly duke nukem.

    FYI, that's really interesting to know.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • March 22, 2009 at 11:27 PM
    Quote from m8nkey

    I'm tipping Build engine.

    Is that A GAME?????!!!111sevenofnine

    (sorry)

    edit: I'm really sorry, I'm just _so_ tired...

    Quote from dux

    Yus duke3d. You should know that hipshot.

    FYI, there are more games using the build engine. You should know that dux.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • March 22, 2009 at 9:54 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    Pics with sprites in them...

    What game is this?

    Images

    • cgt.webp
      • 113.49 kB
      • 1,024 × 768
  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • March 22, 2009 at 9:54 PM
    Quote from DvS

    [Blocked Image: http://i41.tinypic.com/2f0gco8.jpg]Don't take this the wrong way, I like where you're going with this so far, but it needs more distractions or a "complexity" effect.

    The second shot looks post processed but decent none the less.

    Can I add?

    [attachment=0]cgt.jpg[/attachment]

  • Old pictures: Nazi Deutschland WWII

    • Hipshot
    • March 11, 2009 at 9:32 PM

    Are these childhood phots?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • March 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4158/shot0990.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/1893/shot0986.th.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2546/shot0992.th.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • February 23, 2009 at 9:45 AM

    I think it's good you're doing your own assets, a lot of the shipped assets for UT3 looks pretty bad...

    Don't know that much about the engine though, but I guess the textures and shaders can be tweaked...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • February 20, 2009 at 5:41 PM

    Well... maybe it's not the sky, but there's a very prominent gradient line up in the sky on this shot: http://www.claeng.com/__forumpublish/ex ... bana08.jpg

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • February 20, 2009 at 5:13 PM

    I think the glow around the lamp looks too strong... and what's up with the sky?

    Else, I think it looks good, what game mode is this for?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • February 17, 2009 at 8:16 AM
    Quote from SpicyTanuki

    ^^^^^^^^^ very nice! I love the overall color tone to the map

    I was just going to ask - where'd all the colors go?

  • dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

    • Hipshot
    • February 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM
    Quote from rockdude86

    ghehe happen to have a nice one laying around?yes its stil very dark... however i did brighten up the light_env AND the torches. could use some crits on this. for myself i think its a lot better already

    Nah, sorry, I was set to do a version of the one you are using that looks good - never came around to it. What I don't like about it, is the clouds, they were done in a haste, no good.

    Looking at this image - http://img155.imageshack.us/img155/8782 ... 002lv0.jpg - I wonder if it would look cool to add some kind of stronger moon light to the level, realistic or not, doesn't really matter, a bit yellowish, like the moon in the sky. That might help to remove the ambient feel of the light right now.

  • dm_grale (updated on 15-08-09)

    • Hipshot
    • January 19, 2009 at 8:22 AM

    @ rockdude86, use another skybox, the current one is dated, bland and sub par.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • December 16, 2008 at 2:12 PM

    Alright, Q3.

    http://zfight.com/misc/images/maps/m8/m8_1.jpg

    http://zfight.com/misc/images/maps/m8/m8_2.jpg

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • December 11, 2008 at 8:05 AM

    Apparently they call it GoldSource...

    But it doesn't matter...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Hipshot
    • December 10, 2008 at 12:31 AM

    Can people seriously post _LESS_ source?

    Edit: Sorry, what would this forum be without Valve [Blocked Image: http://quake3world.com/forum/images/smilies/icon27.gif]

  • stockholm (danger! lots of images)

    • Hipshot
    • October 29, 2008 at 6:42 PM

    People sure are crazy these days!

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • Hipshot
    • September 18, 2007 at 10:48 AM

    Looks awful. Don't like the cartonish graphics, not at all.

  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 1024-unit Competition?

    • Hipshot
    • April 28, 2007 at 10:09 PM

    Great stuff people made here. I did one to but never read the clause that said no custom assets, I just read the 1024 topic and the date... Since I must use custom assets I had to skip this one, but I'm gonna see about releasing it as a "real" map instead... Hope sometimes for a new contest that allows custom assets...

  • Half-Life 2: Deathmatch 1024-unit Competition?

    • Hipshot
    • April 17, 2007 at 10:00 AM
    Quote from insta

    I'll dedicate my map to you, sweetheart, so it doesn't really matter if you enter or not

    Are you coming on to me?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™