1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Nysuatro

Posts by Nysuatro

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Nysuatro
    • June 19, 2010 at 11:39 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://thebetatester.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/mass-effect-pc-box-art.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/mass_effect_2_pc.jpg]

    I am going to have some good days I think

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Nysuatro
    • June 18, 2010 at 7:52 PM

    I just bought Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption. It has been 10 months that I have not been using my xbox. Now its time to game again.

  • Dead Space 2

    • Nysuatro
    • June 16, 2010 at 5:03 PM

    I totally like it, except the sometimes to chaotic moments. You can't really see what is going on then.

  • Portal 2

    • Nysuatro
    • June 16, 2010 at 1:37 PM

    That looks difficult

  • Post Your Pic Extravaganza 2010

    • Nysuatro
    • June 15, 2010 at 11:12 AM

    Yeeey Kokos is alive

  • Crysis 2

    • Nysuatro
    • June 14, 2010 at 11:16 PM

    Damn, looks like moviescreens

  • Smoothing Group Trouble... Help needed!

    • Nysuatro
    • June 14, 2010 at 11:06 AM

    Ow yeah, read to topic to fast. Nvm

  • Smoothing Group Trouble... Help needed!

    • Nysuatro
    • June 14, 2010 at 9:57 AM

    You can add a meshsmooth with iteration on 0 en and a collapse.

  • what kind of games can you post here ?

    • Nysuatro
    • June 14, 2010 at 12:14 AM

    Ow yeah. Will be posting my game here when we release the demo.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Nysuatro
    • June 13, 2010 at 9:06 PM

    Congratz man. Looks like a great company

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Nysuatro
    • June 9, 2010 at 1:57 AM

    Heared alot about the wire. Maybe its time for me to start looking at some episodes.

  • Gdc Europe

    • Nysuatro
    • June 9, 2010 at 1:56 AM

    I went previous year and probably going this year also. Maybe to promote my school. Depends if I am selected, hehe.

    Are there people from mapcore going? Would be cool to meet some mapcore people.

    I hope I am invited to the crytec barbeque this year Couldnt get in the previous time

    http://www.gdceurope.com/

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Nysuatro
    • June 8, 2010 at 8:10 PM

    How about a level editor in 3ds max? I have read an article about it. Artist know the ui of max, and there is the possibility (maxscript) to make your own custom tools for a better pipeline.

    Somebody already tested a level editor in max?

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Nysuatro
    • June 8, 2010 at 12:05 PM
    Quote from Warby

    what skjalg said the world doesnt need anymore halfbaked editors

    The only goal I have is to have experience in making good UI/tools by listening to artist. This is also a collaboration with other students who want to practice programming an engine.

    Nothing more, nothing less.

    Thanks for the good advice everybody. I am getting a lot of ideas thanks to all of you.

    If there are more things that come to your mind. Every little bit counts for me.

    When I can show some more progress, I will post it here.

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Nysuatro
    • June 8, 2010 at 10:27 AM

    The project is also about creating our own Tools. And I only make prototypes in Unity. Not a big fan to make full games in it.

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Nysuatro
    • June 8, 2010 at 8:11 AM

    Well it is an old project of mine that I want to bring back to life with some friends of mine. It is a (3d)third person shooter, single player puzzle/action where you have to shoot with lights in a dark destroyed world to learn about your environment.

    By spraying tags (like the ones of banksy) on the right places and time you activate those by a light to bring it to life and give it interaction to the environment.

    This is the project explained very fast It has to become a demo of 10-15 min. More news will come after some more progres.

    Thanks for the replyes everybody.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Nysuatro
    • June 8, 2010 at 7:18 AM

    Then maybe actionscript is a good sollution. That is a scripting and an object oriented language. But flash isnt supported in the iphone ...

  • Your thought about a good level editor

    • Nysuatro
    • June 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM

    I am making plans for programming a level editor for a project I am working on.

    I have never done this before so it is going to be a big experience. Still being busy with my exams but I already wanted to ask your thoughts about good level editor features.

    What are for you the most important functionality/features or what would you like to see in a level editor? And what are the things that I have to keep in mind when developing a level editor?

    Your opinion is really valuable for me.

    Greetz,

    Nysuatro

  • iPhone 4

    • Nysuatro
    • June 7, 2010 at 11:21 PM

    199$ Isnt that cheap for a touch phone?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Nysuatro
    • June 7, 2010 at 10:07 PM

    I know some people who always liked that they started with scripting first before coding object oriented.

    personally I started with some weblanguages. And then in school I learned C++ Much students here had never programming experience and they learned C++

    I don't say you have to start C++ I really don't. Because its really difficult. But I think C is a good midway. Maybe even C#

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™