1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • July 7, 2005 at 1:00 AM

    Here are a couple more shots from dm_torrent. This time just showing a bit of the outdoor areas.

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0034.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0037.jpg]

  • War of the Worlds....

    • Erratic
    • June 30, 2005 at 1:22 AM

    Just saw it this afternoon. I thought it was awesome. The movie doesn't waste that much time getting started either.

    Probably one of the few Tom Cruise movies where you see the character on screen, rather than a character, played by Tom Cruise.

    And Dakota Fanning scares me.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 29, 2005 at 1:23 AM

    I have no control over what Havok® wants to do with the crates.

  • Toilets in gaming history

    • Erratic
    • June 29, 2005 at 12:32 AM

    They didn't list the slickest toilet of all.

    http://%7boption%7d

  • I'd like to see Mapcore grow.

    • Erratic
    • June 27, 2005 at 5:06 PM

    Maybe narrow the threads posted on the front down to just the gallery forums? After all, is it really necessary that off-topic and general discussion topics be displayed on the front page of a game design site?

  • 25 Most Influencial Games

    • Erratic
    • June 26, 2005 at 4:27 PM

    Shenmue. The most underappreciated game of the last five years. I remember getting it the christmas of its release and having, really, no idea what it was. Little did I know it would eat up the next few months of my life.

    Not only was it probably the most visually stunning game at its release (at least, in my opinion) but the amount of interactivity and detail was staggering. Day/Night cycles (Ryu has a watch!) and the weather system was awesome as well.

    I could go on forever, but it's sad that they bascially canned the series after the second one. They decided to create an MMO out of the franchise instead of finishing it off...

    Anyhow, good list.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 19, 2005 at 8:43 PM

    Hey, thanks for the comments from before.

    This is another couple shots from what I'm calling dm_torrent. It's of the first area I actually started with.

    I'm hoping to have this thing completed in the next week or so.

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0028.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0029.jpg]

    The lighting, particularly in the second shot, isn't finalized, as that far left back doorway isn't complete. But the first shot is the best indication of what the rest of the narrow sections of the map will resemble.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 6, 2005 at 9:25 PM

    Something I've been working on for a little while for Half-Life 2 Deathmatch.

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/dm_torrent0062.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™