1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • what are you currently listening to?

    • Erratic
    • November 22, 2005 at 6:56 PM

    picked up new system of a down...so that.

    Along with the usual:

    Rage Against the Machine

    Radiohead

    Tool

    A Perfect Circle

    NIN

  • Source SDK Beta

    • Erratic
    • November 22, 2005 at 5:16 PM

    It seems to perform a lot better. The 2D views arn't all chobby when you scroll with lots of geometry. That alone is worth it.

    Though I do wish terrain was visible from a distance. It only appears when close or when it's selected.

    Quote

    Oh, but there's still no wireframe models in the grid views, boo!

    There's a new button at the top right that toggels this on/off. It was set by default for me when I loaded it up.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • November 18, 2005 at 7:00 AM

    I never thought I'd actually find a map on a hard drive that I forgot about. This ones from a few months ago. Was just kind of a surprise to spot it again.

    Not sure if I'll take it back up. It looks stranger than I remember...

    It was/is for HL2:DM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/dm_appendage0000.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/dm_appendage0004.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/dm_appendage0005.jpg]

  • Serious Sam 2 demo.

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2005 at 6:35 PM
    Quote from Hipshot

    Why the hell do developers playerclip edges, it's silly!

    The first area of the demo demonstrates some really ridiculous use of clipping. It's not just clipping edges with fatal drops, but blocking you from accessing areas you can clearly jump to.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Erratic
    • September 14, 2005 at 3:25 AM
    Quote from Hipshot

    Its odd, you come to this forum, seems 70% of the people are Source mappers, and you still cant make a basic material shader?

    Here's an example of why people often refrain from asking for help.

  • Game boy micro!

    • Erratic
    • September 14, 2005 at 1:56 AM

    I still perfer the laptop-esque SP design over the micro.

  • IN THIS THREAD I WILL ANSWER YOUR SOURCE QUESTIONS

    • Erratic
    • September 14, 2005 at 1:34 AM
    Quote from DaanO

    Another question: In some maps i saw plants on displacements, they looked like sprites. How were those made?

    It's just a parameter in the vmt file. Here's how it works,

    "%detailtype" "grass01"

    "%detailtype" is the material variable placed within the paranthesis of the vmt and the value, 'grass01', denotes the detail added to the terrain, this can be sprite based, like the grass, or model based (I think).

    At least that's my understanding of it. Check the detail.vbsp file for a list of detail decorations you can add.

    I'm not completely sure about model details being placed on the displacements (similar to how Unreal terrain details work), as I've never experimented with that myself.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • September 12, 2005 at 4:37 AM

    These structures keep reminding me of Bladerunner. Must be the colors. Anyways, always awesome.

  • What game started it for you?

    • Erratic
    • September 11, 2005 at 4:08 AM

    My earliest memories are of the Coleco Vision. Flashes of Lady Bug, some Smurf game, and Pacman are the things that first come to mind. And, naturally, followed by more vivid recollections of the NES, but the first experiences I always remember are of that forgotten console.

    Can't recall the exact moment that started it, the seed was planted early.

  • Gabe Newell Interview

    • Erratic
    • September 3, 2005 at 6:55 PM

    Gabe Newell Interview

    There's an ongoing interview over at 1UP.com with Gabe Newell discussing game design and the industry in general. The first 2 parts are, so far, pretty interesting. If you havn't checked it out yet, the link's above.

    What he said about the PS3 was interesting...

  • Cranky D3ad's ruthless reviews

    • Erratic
    • September 1, 2005 at 8:24 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    The Jesus? Not played it mate.. Kingpin? Nah never heard of it mate...

    A Kingpin reference will always give me a chuckle...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • September 1, 2005 at 3:26 AM
    Quote from Tequila

    see previous image.

    Gah, Donald Sutherland or no Donald Sutherland, how can you live with the camera controls from hell?

    What's wrong with using the arrow keys and AZCD for camera rotation/alignment? It makes you feel like you're operating a starship!

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 22, 2005 at 10:12 PM

    Memories...

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/ohno.jpg]

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 22, 2005 at 9:30 PM

    de_railroad?

  • Unreal Engine 4 announced

    • Erratic
    • August 18, 2005 at 12:18 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    I don't think dev's should be pissed that Epic are "holding back" technology for future engines - most people's current systems can't run UE3, let alone what they most likely have in store for UE4.

    Yeah, I don't think we're going to be hearing much about UE4 for sometime. There arn't even any UE3.0 games on the market yet, so I doubt the first thing Epic wants to do is undermine their own business by instilling doubt in potential buyers minds of weather their current tech is worth purchasing if they have some other, better thing on the horizon.

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 17, 2005 at 5:27 PM
    Quote from SonicDM

    It's Turf War, one of the DM maps

    Yeah, the first DM map.

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 17, 2005 at 1:28 AM

    Not sure how you'd see it on Rust. Unless someone was pimping a DM map that ships with the game...

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 16, 2005 at 9:53 PM

    Shouldn't be too easy...I hope.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/nicetry.jpg]

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 16, 2005 at 9:14 PM

    I think it's Big Game Hunters. The Hunters only has on geyser...

  • Guess the map!

    • Erratic
    • August 15, 2005 at 10:54 PM

    The Dam from Goldeneye. But it doesn't look like it's running on a 64...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™