1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Awesome movies (no mainstream)

    • Erratic
    • August 16, 2006 at 1:03 AM
    Quote from Section_Ei8ht

    Better Luck Tomorrow

    A group of over-achieving Asian-American high school seniors enjoy a power trip when they dip into extra-curricular criminal activities.

    QFT.

  • inspired by hl2?

    • Erratic
    • August 15, 2006 at 8:24 PM
    Quote from mikezilla

    I have no doubts this movie will be fantastic and a true classic that raising a bunch of questions of what it is that makes us human. Basically everything the story for Half Life 2 wasn't.

    Someone was expecting a bit too much from their sci-fi FPS

  • Awesome movies (no mainstream)

    • Erratic
    • August 13, 2006 at 6:26 PM

    Citizen Kane

    It was spoofed on 'the simpsons' once, not much else is known.

  • Jack Thompson losing on TV

    • Erratic
    • August 12, 2006 at 5:25 PM
    Quote from Squirrelly

    I never knew Adam Sessler was actually so intelligent... D:

    Yeah, it's hard to tell since X-Play but he does know his stuff.

  • Model viewer and Hammer problems

    • Erratic
    • August 12, 2006 at 6:30 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    did anything go well?

  • Conspiracy Mod media release!

    • Erratic
    • August 12, 2006 at 6:29 AM

    Looking great, can't wait to play it.

  • How many years have you been involved in mapcore?

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2006 at 8:09 PM
    Quote from Phish

    Wow. To think I've been around here since the days of Anarchy Designs. That makes it 7 years for me as well.

    Does it count if you've been lurking since Anarchy Design?

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2006 at 8:05 PM

    Mostly just Dawn of War and Warcraft III DotA custom map (I hate it so much but keep playing). Also slowly making my way through Hitman: Blood Money.

  • Gears of War release date announced

    • Erratic
    • August 7, 2006 at 1:31 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    I'd buy more collector's editions if they didn't put them in shit boxes.

    Or if they were worth buying. Mostly I get them just for the dvd convenience, otherwise i've never purchased a special edition that was actually worth it (excluding Warcraft III) and I've picked up quite a few.

  • Hammer 3d lighting preview WORKING

    • Erratic
    • August 6, 2006 at 10:46 PM

    PrtScn?

  • Awesome movies (no mainstream)

    • Erratic
    • July 31, 2006 at 9:06 PM

    Eraserhead

    David Lynch's first film. Although it's fairly well known, it's not mainstream. Follows a character through his troubles with his girlfriend while he lives in what appears to be a post-nuclear contaminated wasteland. There's much more to it obiviously but that's the plot outline.

  • [D3 SP] Lost Facility

    • Erratic
    • July 31, 2006 at 12:57 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    [Blocked Image: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v221/deathcrush/lf03.jpg]

    I jumped down there to see if I can any hidden pickups and then down to the ground expecting to die but I didn't, best put a death trigger in there...

    Odd, I died when I attempted the drop

    But, I agree with d3ads on the sarge battle. If i'm not mistaken, it was the exact same level just pulled from Doom, which actually suprised me, because up until that point the maps were original and well designed.

    I'd suggest maybe keeping sarge, but redoing the area you fight him in, much more forgivable in my opinion.

    Otherwise, I enjoyed it. Some clever battles with enemies and fun areas to play in. Good stuff.

  • Things you didn't knew when you were a child

    • Erratic
    • July 31, 2006 at 12:32 AM

    That at no point in time was the universe ever only in black & white.

  • No more E3?

    • Erratic
    • July 30, 2006 at 9:23 PM

    I didn't see this coming, though maybe I'm alone there.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • July 27, 2006 at 8:00 PM

    Didn't know whether to throw this here or in the texture thread, as I'm more concerned with the skin than the model

    I'm still trying to get into the whole texturing thing so I'm going around, finding game objects, and trying to recreate them on my own. Here's a simple barrel:

    Skin:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/barreltex.jpg]

    Pic:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/barrel_pic.jpg]

  • Warning Signs. What would it take for you to know?

    • Erratic
    • July 23, 2006 at 2:07 AM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    We have dedicated artists that do that and as a result, a much cleaner and more efficient pipeline. This also allows the level designer to do what they do best, actually design the game.

    I'm always curious about what exactly people are doing on games, because from what I can gather it changes from company to company. I imagine a level designer at Valve is not quite the same thing at Ubisoft or Epic. You can get a general idea of what the job implies but there are at least a few differences.

    It appears positions or responsibilities are being fragmented as time goes on and people are focusing on more specific tasks. It seems pretty obvious with the employee numbers increasing and the tech going the way it is, but being out of the loop, it's difficult to be completely sure as to how things really work.

  • dod_breugel public beta test

    • Erratic
    • July 19, 2006 at 5:52 AM

    Looks great. Doesn't come off as being a typical DOD:S map. Will give it a whirl.

  • A Scanner Darkly

    • Erratic
    • July 19, 2006 at 4:32 AM

    I don't think it's had a wide release yet (or ever will) but anyone catch it?

    It was pretty damn great. A shame, really, that it's being sort of pushed aside, and I guess opening opposite Pirates doesn't really help, but if you get the chance, go see it. There seem to be very few good movies coming out as of recent, especially good sci-fi.

    It's just refreshing to actually come out of a theatre after seeing something special.

  • Video of Valve's Portal

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2006 at 9:44 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Human Head ought to be kicking themselves right about now

    Maybe a little, but Prey does have more going for it than just portals, so it's not too big a one up.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2006 at 9:02 PM

    That's just awesome.

    Out of curiosity, how long did that take to model-skin?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™