1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • October 20, 2006 at 7:10 PM

    Looking very cool hourences but I'm wondering about this being for UT2007. Wouldn't there be a slew of problems that would come up with working on a map for a game/engine that's not available yet? Both technically and aesthetically?

    I'm sure you've got your angles covered, but I'm just curious

  • dm_drift

    • Erratic
    • October 18, 2006 at 6:44 AM

    It's very well made, good job. The color-correction isn't over done either, it's only slightly more contrasty, no reliance on it at all. Looks great either way.

  • References picture.

    • Erratic
    • October 18, 2006 at 6:36 AM

    I'm far from an expert as well but it's very usable. There's very little lighting information which is the main thing.

    A few minutes in photoshop can get something usable I guess:

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/gravel01.jpg]

    Not much I could say to improve the reference.

  • 3DS Max Quick Normal Map Tutorial

    • Erratic
    • October 13, 2006 at 9:20 PM

    Great stuff.

  • U.S. PS3 Pre Orders

    • Erratic
    • October 12, 2006 at 12:34 AM

    Not really interested. Going to pick up a Wii next month and maybe a 360 some time further down the road when Halo 3 is out and maybe sooner if Gears of War is tempting enough.

    No games I've seen yet have really interested me. Graphically it looks good but far from whatever the hell they were showing a year and a half ago

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • October 11, 2006 at 3:32 AM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    I really do think its time to move on....

    Why?

  • totally random texture thread

    • Erratic
    • September 30, 2006 at 8:19 PM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    I beg for tutorial ^^

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • September 30, 2006 at 6:57 PM

    Make it an entire level, in true Colossus fashion.

    Awesome btw.

  • Level Designer at IO Interactive? Yes sir!

    • Erratic
    • September 30, 2006 at 12:28 AM

    Congrats Zacker.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • September 28, 2006 at 2:44 AM

    Looks really solid, I like it alot, but maybe some more variation to break up the repetition. A destroyed wall, every second light be something other than red or white, etc.

  • Fortress Forever Dustbowl video fun

    • Erratic
    • September 7, 2006 at 3:59 AM

    I dunno, I thought it was a pretty clever remake of dust bowl Looked frantic as hell too. Can't wait.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • September 5, 2006 at 11:38 PM

    His skin tone seems to be fairly similar to the non-zombified version. Maybe a more greenish-grey tinge would differntiate the two better? Looks really cool otherwise.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • September 3, 2006 at 4:09 PM
    Quote from TomWithTheWeather

    Can you not scale a model in Source?

    Unfortunately, no.

  • Your username/nick

    • Erratic
    • August 30, 2006 at 12:21 AM

    Nothing at all.

  • Insurgency Weapon Showcase

    • Erratic
    • August 22, 2006 at 6:34 PM
    Quote from Swifty-

    Only thing what disturbed me a bit was this house the player is aiming at in 10th screenshot, are those pillars only support for the other side of the building? Seems odd that those could carry it?

    Yeah the perspective of the shot gives the illusion it's holding up the tall building. It's actually just holding up a canopy-esque structure, hard to tell from the shot, though.

  • dm_metro

    • Erratic
    • August 19, 2006 at 4:52 PM

    I agree with mino, there's not a whole lot that defines the map as a subway other than the train and a couple other details. Most of the areas could be mistaken for something else. Try to add more details to bring out the abandoned look a bit more, right now it just simply looks grungy and dirty.

    Thing's like rubble, broken pillars and dust could add to the atmosphere as well.

    Keep at it

  • totally random texture thread

    • Erratic
    • August 18, 2006 at 9:30 PM

    Couple things i've been screwing around with

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/plasterwall01_era.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/brick01_era.jpg]

  • Why do you do this?

    • Erratic
    • August 18, 2006 at 8:00 PM

    I guess it started with an "oh shit, you can do this?" curiosity when I found out how extensivly you could screw with a games internals, and steadily from there it grew into a kind of obsession. Things in life happen so gradually so I'm not completely sure why it sucks up all my time.

    A love of games is a given though in this area of work, I guess? Maybe it's just that simple. But I guess it depends on when you stumble upon this stuff or when it sparks your interest too...

  • Your first Level Editor

    • Erratic
    • August 18, 2006 at 7:50 PM

    Starcraft's was probably the first editor I opened up, but Worldcraft was the first I actually got heavily into.

  • [o*] Last cat pciture I promise...

    • Erratic
    • August 17, 2006 at 4:55 AM
    Quote from Bic-B@ll

    do you not have a lawn and make up for it with random tea cups of grass around your house or something? or are you trying to patch divots?

    It's cat grass I bet.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™