1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 22, 2007 at 3:53 AM
    Quote from seir

    what do you mean?

    Means you gotta look up to shoot guys sometimes...or down.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 14, 2007 at 6:27 PM

    Mino takes the lead

  • Sales Breakdown for '06

    • Erratic
    • February 14, 2007 at 6:27 AM

    There's an interesting articleover at Next-Gen covering the sales rankings for the top 100 games in North America. Everyone loves lists but this was actually kind of surprising (at least to me). Most notable was Prey's position on the list. Even more interesting was some of the top sellers. I knew movie tie in games did well but I didn't think it was on this scale. There's a few other games I wouldn't expect to see on the list, like Black, which I assumed had just slipped under everyones radar.

    Not sure how often information is openly available like this, I see the odd NDP sales breakdown on news sites but this one gives a good sense of what a year for the industry is like, at least to those of us in the dark

    If you're too lazy to read the article here's the direct link for Top 100 List.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 13, 2007 at 3:52 AM

    Wow, nice Mino

  • Splinter Cell: Double Agent

    • Erratic
    • February 11, 2007 at 11:35 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    The first SC was out on the PC and was ported to the consoles from there, afaik.

    I think it was an Xbox exclusive for a while before it was ported elsewhere...

  • DOD Textures

    • Erratic
    • February 11, 2007 at 8:14 PM
    Quote from von*ferret

    I'll have to do that. If I decide to go ahead and make a releasable map I dont want any custom content for quick and easy download. Thanks guys.

    Yeah I'm up to pretty much the same thing

  • DOD Textures

    • Erratic
    • February 11, 2007 at 7:16 AM

    In source if you use textures intended for models, ones that are flagged as vertexlit generic(declared by the .vmt) as opposed to lightmapped generic for world textures you get this effect.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 10, 2007 at 11:33 PM

    I'd say leave it till Monday, the 12th was Mino's original deadline anyway.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 10, 2007 at 7:28 PM

    Just uploaded a newer one with wadinclude of the mapcore_contest.wad. Hope it's alright now

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM

    hmm, I remember talk in the other thread of not including the mapcore.wad (for the logo) in the bsp. Maybe I got mixed up. Either way I guess I still have today to reupload it.

  • Old School Finished Entries

    • Erratic
    • February 9, 2007 at 8:24 PM

    Thiefed!

  • de_industry_b2

    • Erratic
    • February 8, 2007 at 3:06 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    for css, and especially a de_ map, the fog is way too close ;DAtmosphere is nice but the gameplay will suffer imho.

    I dunno, I think if the map was designed with the fog in mind it could play fine, albeit a bit different than your average cs map.

    I like it moroes, but I think it could use a bit more polish as ferret said. Things still look a little undetailed and basic in certain places. I did a quick run through and spotted a few things.

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/de_industry_b20000.jpg]

    From the CT spawn, this terrain edge allows you to get into an area I don't think you intended to be reachable.

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/de_industry_b20001.jpg]

    and from there you can get down here

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/de_industry_b20003.jpg]

    The edges in this shot look a bit strange, maybe just straighten them up or carry the metal trim up along the top as well...

    [Blocked Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y299/erratic101/de_industry_b20002.jpg]

    and certain areas like this one just seem to lack the same amount of detail that's present in the rest of the map.

    Otherwise, I really dig it, good stuff.

  • 3d Studio vs Maya (for game development)

    • Erratic
    • February 7, 2007 at 2:33 AM
    Quote from Minotauro

    That's not completely true. All the Resident Evil 4 level design was done in Maya as seen in the making of.

    I think I noticed that in the God of War making of as well...

  • Favourite SNES moments!

    • Erratic
    • February 3, 2007 at 2:02 AM

    Where's my head at

  • Favourite SNES moments!

    • Erratic
    • February 3, 2007 at 1:43 AM
    Quote from JonM

    True Lies

    Oh my, someone else played that. Awesome game, it's the Max Payne of the 16-bit era

    And of course the Contras, Mario RPG, the DK's, the Yoshi Islands...

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • Erratic
    • February 3, 2007 at 1:16 AM
    Quote from hessi

    whats that sick thing on your left eye?

    A Clockwork KIIIA?

  • It's alive... alive!!!

    • Erratic
    • January 31, 2007 at 11:38 PM

    10 years of work has culminated into a thumbnail image for a Gamasutra job's page.

    Totally worth it.

  • crackdown demo

    • Erratic
    • January 28, 2007 at 1:27 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    really stunning execution of that style.

    The screenshots i've seen make the game look awkward for some reason but everything really has a nice feel to it. I was actually surprised that it plays well too, I wasn't expecting it. Just jumping from rooftops is like a fun little game in itself.

  • crackdown demo

    • Erratic
    • January 28, 2007 at 12:16 AM
    Quote from Acumen

    linkage and some more info plz not everyone is uptodate with all the games that are out or in development and knows what theyre about, how they look or play like

    It's on xbox live marketplace. As far as I know it's like GTA but with a guy that jumps high.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • January 26, 2007 at 7:58 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.joeyadey.com/doorshot_2.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™