Quote from Psycho...like the voice acting for a start.
It's academy award worthy and you know it.
![]()
Quote from Psycho...like the voice acting for a start.
It's academy award worthy and you know it.
![]()
Quote from FrieChampIs there no map (apart from the one in the loading screen)?
I don't believe. There may be in the manual, but I don't think in-game (yet).
Quote from PsychoWouldn't it make sense to put some kind of icon above the capture point? If you get close enough to begin capturing the point the icon can start flashing or something.
That's in there. When you stand in a capture zone, a few icons will appear under your compass showing how many players are required to start the capture progress. I believe it scales based on the number of players in the server
Quote from PsychoCould someone please tell me what I have to actually do in this mod apart from kill the opposite team?
Capture objectives. Unfortunately it isn't very clear as to where they are at the moment. It should be more obvious where they are when we get around to fixing that. For now, your compass (top of the screen) should direct you where you need to go ( at least as an insurgent). ![]()
Quote from KoKo5oVaR[Blocked Image: http://kokosovar.free.fr/ins.jpg]
That's strange, sometimes it seems that game loose the paths to all the media files
what has been done to my map ![]()
Rumor has it Bluestrike battled 8 polar bears across an icy tundra to deliver Insurgency to the world.
Looks really cool Jeanpaul, but I hate to be the one to tell you, the contest deadline was more than a month ago. ![]()
Cool stuff Rick. Good luck and all that.
Mine's still kicking since last November but I was with a friend of mine earlier this year when he brought his home and it had the ring right out of the box. ![]()
Quote from Senturamissing out on an asteroids clone? yeah right...
Exactly guys, why play Half-Life when you can just continually go through Quake again and again. Oh, screw Dr. Mario, just play Tetris. While we're at it, forget Contra when you have Gunstar Heroes. Also, screw UT, Quake 3 is all you need.
In fact, let's completely toss out variety, as that seems to be at the core of all this...
![]()
I think the messyness tends to get the better of these shots. I can see where you're going with it and how it works in some places but it could be more coherent. You can still have the chaotic sort of architecture and details with a certain amount of control.
Overall it's hard to tell what kind of composition you were going going for in each scene and even the gameplay is hard to detect. It's always good to visually show the player where it is you want him to go and where all the main paths and elements are in your level (pick ups, etc) with lighting and texture contrast.
Aside from that though I do dig the look you're going for. Cool stuff.
Quote from PsychoSome people think Halo is better in every aspect than Half-Life 2. >_>
As far as core gameplay goes, I may agree. ![]()
I don't see why it's sad that Quake Wars would get some user-base from BF2 though. It makes perfect sense and was most likely the intention of id/sd.
I just can't see there being a lot of more casual gamers basing their perception of this game off their experience (if any) or knowledge of the past Quake games.
Maybe I just don't see Quake as the sort of game that enters into the main stream gaming consiousness like a Halo game does.
It's not really that strange. The majority of the hardcore audience are most likely pretty aware of Enemy Territory and its popularity and recognize that id is just shoehorning their already popular team based game into the even more popular Battlefield-esque free roaming genre. So they're full aware of what this game all about.
Anyone else is just going to see this as another open-ended multiplayer game with vehicles and wouldn't have any idea of the connotation's held by the Quake games.
Or maybe I just have a lot less faith in the general gaming public.
It's kind of funny how quick everyone is to right a game off and approve the banning of it because you simply dislike it. It's as if the GTA games had no unjustified violence and it was all completely tasteful but because they're generally regarded as great & innovative it's okay.
I don't usually bring things down to black & white, but if you approve of GTA's content I can't see how you can be so strongly against Manhunt.
![]()
Yeah, sometimes they just don't take affect immediately.
Try reloading the game and building them again.
haha that was great. Not sure if I missed something but what are you gonna play it in? A current engine modded or something else?