1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • The Metroid Prime 3 Thread

    • Erratic
    • August 30, 2007 at 2:54 AM

    Just picked it up, didn't want to delve too deep into yet (still gotta finish Bioshock) but the first area alone is convincing enough for me. The controls are pretty much as good as everyones been saying and probably the best FPS controls on a console to date. Maybe even equally as good as a mouse keyboard but than again I've always enjoyed using a controller for shooters. At the very least it feels just as natural.

    Not too much else I've done yet, just the usual scanning the shit out of everything and jumping around. Also, somehow they've made activating switches in this game fun as hell. I laughed out loud the first time I pulled one

    So, anyone else pick it up?

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Erratic
    • August 29, 2007 at 5:15 PM

    Hey, congrats Stepp. Good luck, sounds cool.

  • [dods] dod_cherbourg

    • Erratic
    • August 28, 2007 at 2:59 AM

    Did a quick run through it. Looks like a really well made map save for a few strange lighting issues on certain pieces of geometry. Seems like it could be a bunch of fun to play too.

    Also love the distant buildings by the harbor on the right side of the first pic. Really nice sense of depth. Good stuff.

  • Halo 3

    • Erratic
    • August 23, 2007 at 2:35 PM
    Quote from Warby

    i never understood the deal with halo it is/was always a below average looking/playing first person shooter the only original thing about it is the actual ring shape of the planet ...

    The two weapon limitation and the shield-health system forcing you to rest (which nearly every game uses now), the vehicle physics, the AI was crafty and self preserving, the environments were large with lots of different ways to tackle encounters. And for a game that came out in 2001 I think that's quite a bit. It just threw out a lot of the old cliched mechanics that shooters had become so accustomed to at the time.

    As for Halo 3, I never really thought about the Gold announcement, it is about time for one of those isn't it

    There's been plenty of screenshots though and the beta seemed to go over pretty well from what I recall, so I'm not too worried. I just hope the SP gets the care it needs after Halo 2's iffy-ness in areas.

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Erratic
    • August 21, 2007 at 4:17 PM

    rickdthehater.core

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Erratic
    • August 21, 2007 at 4:00 PM
    Quote from dux

    No one is talking about PC Demo? Man you guys suck dick. It McPwns. Except it doesn't support wide screen or shader model 2.0 cards lolol

    My guess is they're all too busy playing it. Like myself in a few hours

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Erratic
    • August 16, 2007 at 3:13 PM

    Guess I shall post here

    Joey "Erratic" Adey - Digital Extremes

  • HDR

    • Erratic
    • August 16, 2007 at 3:10 PM

    That's a mighty fine rock

    Great shot.

  • The random model thread!

    • Erratic
    • August 14, 2007 at 12:05 AM
    Quote from SnipaMasta

    [Blocked Image: http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/1673/sledgeyfl0.jpg]

    What's wrong with this Rick? I think it looks rather cool

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Erratic
    • August 13, 2007 at 6:52 PM
    Quote from ng.aniki

    The level was made specially for the demo !

    Really? It seemed like a pretty elaborate introduction for a demo. Unless you just mean the primary gameplay portions.

  • 3d Skybox Problem in Source Engine

    • Erratic
    • August 13, 2007 at 3:51 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    This is going nowhere so im scrapping the 3d skybox.. Need to dramatically change some parts of my map for optimizing :/

    Maybe try getting someone else to compile that section with the 3dskybox and find out if they're getting the same issue. Then you can at least rule out if it's an isolated issue or an actual problem with the map.

  • BioShock demo up on XBL!

    • Erratic
    • August 13, 2007 at 4:36 AM

    Had it going pretty smoothly till about 50%. Now I'm averaging about one percent every 10 minutes.

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • August 12, 2007 at 8:41 PM
    Quote from Bl1tz

    It's a shame the battles are so lame because it excels in almost every other respect. Even the snippets of story you get from the PDAs and what not are pretty well done -- it's a very polished game. Just a damn shame about the combat encounters.

    It's definitely one of the best parts of the game. Just being able to wander around while you're listening to one of the characters PDA entries and taking in all the atmospherics is great.

  • Now playing

    • Erratic
    • August 12, 2007 at 8:01 PM

    New Super Mario Bros.

    Mario gameplay never gets old. And it looks so awesome.

    Also, this thread should be sticky'd.

  • splinter cell conviction

    • Erratic
    • August 10, 2007 at 2:26 PM

    I got a very Hitman-ish vibe from the trailer. The walking around in crowds sort of inconspicuous and such. Haven't really gotten into a SC game since I finished the second one but it looks interesting.

  • New pictures of starcraft motherfucking two

    • Erratic
    • August 9, 2007 at 10:47 PM

    I'm really digging SCII more and more with every update. Initially I was skeptical about the art direction but those feelings have been pretty much abolished.

    Also, siege tanks in non-siege mode = best looking unit ever.

  • Stranglehold Demo on Live

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2007 at 11:53 PM

    Check your Xbox's. Weighs in at 1.3 gig's.

    [Blocked Image: http://microsites.ign.com/stranglehold/blog/stranglehold_screen001.jpg]

    Hope it's good

  • ID Tech 5 & "Rage" presentation

    • Erratic
    • August 6, 2007 at 1:56 AM
    Quote

    ":3k21mkhb]Well, ID's engines has almost always been the first ones including new stuff.Like Doom3 engine for example, or (Id Tech 4) it was the first engine having normals maps with dynamic lightning, correct me if I'm wrong.But yeah, I'm a self proclaimed ID fanboy!

    I think Starbreeze actually beat id to the punch with Riddick by a couple months.

    And I'm sure someone can even dig up a title that beat that.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • August 5, 2007 at 6:30 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    holy shit

  • DM_Snowdin

    • Erratic
    • August 2, 2007 at 4:47 AM

    Ooogh get back on this!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™