1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Street Fighter 4 confirmed!

    • Erratic
    • October 19, 2007 at 1:15 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    Depends on whether you mean moving on in the context of graphics or gameplay. 2D means the gameplay is going to be like a lot of other games. Has a really good full 3D fighting game actually been made yet? I'm not really a follower of the genre. By full 3D I mean an entirely 3D fighting arena with a full range of movement, not just the use of polygons.

    The soul calibur series made use of the third dimension pretty well. Nothing revolutionary, but I don't think those games would be quite the same in 2D.

  • Street Fighter 4 confirmed!

    • Erratic
    • October 18, 2007 at 3:16 AM
    Quote from ReNo

    Have they definately said it will be 3D, or is it just assumed from the trailer? I mean that does make it look likely that it will be 3D, but you never know. I'd prefer it to be 3D personally. I quite like 2D fighters but prefer things to move on.

    Yeah, there's been a ton of 2d fighters in the vein of the Street Fighter series over the past couple decades, it'd be nice to see Capcom do something interesting with the fighters of that style on the current console platforms. (I always had trouble picking out the differences between all those games anyway). They worked well and held their ground on the PS2/Dreamcast, and can still hold up on the handhelds, but they really need to push that stuff forward, on both the gameplay/graphic fronts.

    The trailer doesn't say a whole lot, seemed like what could have possibly been gameplay footage clouded in trailer fluff. Hopefully they don't go for some hyper real Tekken/DoA style visuals, it'd be nice if they retain some of the comic art style and do something cool with it.

    Something cel-shaded-ish seems in order

  • totally random texture thread

    • Erratic
    • October 14, 2007 at 4:49 AM

    Random texture:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/77441atest3.jpg]

  • New Tim Schafer game

    • Erratic
    • October 13, 2007 at 1:50 AM
    Quote from ctswin

    Ugh. Monkey Island, Day of the Tentacle, Grim Fandango, Psychonauts.

    Full Throttle.

    I should really get around to playing some of these.

  • Portal - secret code/area? *spoiler?*

    • Erratic
    • October 11, 2007 at 3:43 AM
    Quote from dux

    Portal was way cooler than I was expecting, just finished it in about 3 hours.

    Yeah, really had a great time with it. Tons more interesting than I was thinking...

  • UT3 System Score Calc

    • Erratic
    • October 8, 2007 at 7:18 PM

    14.924985075

    Better than I expected, I guess.

  • De_Forest Released!!

    • Erratic
    • October 8, 2007 at 4:54 AM
    Quote from jaboo224

    spotlight?

    Really? Dunno...think it's really worth that?

  • Sony: how to kill a brand...

    • Erratic
    • October 7, 2007 at 2:37 AM

    The consoles certainly are lacking little girls with big eyes in school uniforms taking turns beating the shit out of dinosaurs. All in a very strategic, cubic manner.

    I'll take my bulky space men with rifles any day. (at least I won't be bored to tears)

  • Bungie + Microsoft calling the quits?

    • Erratic
    • October 5, 2007 at 4:55 PM

    I just want some Oni 2 resulting from this

  • Bungie + Microsoft calling the quits?

    • Erratic
    • October 5, 2007 at 4:22 PM

    the split confirmed:

    http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/pres ... vesPR.mspx

  • Post your desktop 2007!~

    • Erratic
    • October 4, 2007 at 1:52 AM

    Getting a bit messy with the icons...

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/57740desktop.jpg]

    /fanboy

  • Halo 3 - No Spoilers Plz K Thnx

    • Erratic
    • October 3, 2007 at 7:38 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Even if you hate Halo you gotta admit that this is fucking brilliant http://gameroom.mlgpro.com/view/rhojIAED55g.html

    Best ever.

  • Bungie + Microsoft calling the quits?

    • Erratic
    • October 1, 2007 at 7:41 PM

    http://%7boption%7d

    Not sure how reliable the 'article' is, but

  • Cool Puzzle Game

    • Erratic
    • September 29, 2007 at 10:28 PM
    Quote from ^Slick

    16 is damn near impossible.

    Yeah it's making me cry

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • Erratic
    • September 29, 2007 at 8:15 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Although with that said, my personal belief is that the Pyro requires little skill to use since all you essentially need to do is get close and then keep the nozzle pointed at the enemy; it doesn't have much of a skill curve at all, meaning someone who's been playing as one for five minutes can probably play just as well as someone who's been playing as one for a month. Really good Soldiers and Demomen, on the other hand, I can see becoming almost untouchable.

    I don't know about that, there's still a bit of skill and cleverness needed to outperform other classes a lot of the time. Combining the flamethrower and shotgun especially will give you a big advantage, backing away after having set someone ablaze and then blasting them away with the shotty. It's just not something I see the average player doing, as they usually just rush you and hope for the best

  • Cool Puzzle Game

    • Erratic
    • September 29, 2007 at 6:33 AM

    Pretty fun little game. Worth posting about I think

    http://%7boption%7d

  • Halo 3 - No Spoilers Plz K Thnx

    • Erratic
    • September 28, 2007 at 2:36 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Finished the campaign yesterday. Pretty good stuff, there was definitely some of the last levels that rubbed me in the wrong way, but overall it had some really good stuff, definitely going to replay it in co-op.Its kinda funny with the graphics, the outdoor areas generally look absolutely gorgeous (<3 their HDR) but the indoors are for the most part dreadfully fugly, especially the indoor lighting.

    Oh and I really REALLY tried my best to follow the story closely this time around, but halfway through I reached a point where I had no idea why I was going to press some button at some place or do something and then I lost it. Good thing that the actual gameplay is good enough to not bog down the fact that they're horrible at telling stories (or maybe it just isn't that interesting a story to begin with )

    Pretty much sums it all up for me.

    There could be a good story in there somewhere but damn, they didn't communicate it very well. Oh well. Onto the multiplayer that shall consume all my time for the next little while.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • September 27, 2007 at 10:31 PM

    Looks like a good start but everything seems kind of flat. The lighting could maybe use some more contrast as the shadowed areas aren't a whole lot darker than the lit areas. Also the geometry/details are very simple and clean and I think you could pull a lot more detail out of the Source engine and dirty the place up a bit. It's just as it stands now, the geometry especially, strikes me as Half-Life 1-ish (I hate that phrase).

    Just take the ground terrain for instance, it's really simple and flat with very little change in elevation. Also it lacks a blend texture which is pretty much a must for most terrain in Source. Some blended rocks/rough dirt alone would really help the scenes out.

    The details like the crates and material overhangs above the doors are really simple as well, things like that should really be modeled. The arch ways could really use some more poly's in there as well.

    But it's still wip as you said and a nice start. You've got a good foundation to build upon I think. Reminds me of some of Phillip K's early CS maps as well by the way (not a bad thing at all)

  • Kane and Lynch - November 20th

    • Erratic
    • September 27, 2007 at 9:39 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    My 50 bucks that's the two guys are actually one same person .....

    Oh my, game twists

  • Kane and Lynch - November 20th

    • Erratic
    • September 27, 2007 at 3:35 PM
    Quote from skdr

    K&L looks awesome, can't wait to play this.Now IO, we need a new Hitman game

    Another Hitman? How about another Freedom Fighters

    Definitely gonna grab Kane & Lynch, didn't expect it this year.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™