1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • The Dark Knight stuff

    • Erratic
    • December 19, 2007 at 4:48 PM

    I disliked Batman Begins more every time I saw it, though it's still a good movie. Just felt really bloated. I'm really liking that trailer though, the Joker looks perfect.

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • Erratic
    • December 19, 2007 at 1:11 AM

    I'm always suspect of the 'pc is dead' stuff that pops around the console-launch periods. Everyone focuses their attention on those sales and how well they're doing and how bad the PC is doing in comparison, but we keep seeing PC games attracting hardcore and casual alike in droves. As far as I know off hand, World of Warcraft and CS 1.6 are the most played games going. Not to mention the continued success of all of Blizzards past efforts and Valves most recent.

    Sure, a 9 year old mod is not the best card to pull in proving a platform is still thriving but WoW is a relatively new game with 10 million subscribers as of recent. Not to mention all the other games with steady fan bases that fall between the cracks. Your Supreme Commanders and Company of Heroes. Not to forget STALKER either, which I believe after a rocky development cycle came out on top of the charts.

    And Crysis' low sales doesn't put me into fright mode just yet. I'm not surprised at the sales numbers considering the system requirements and the pretty quiet marketing buzz surrounding it. This wasn't a game your friends were going to buy. I think it's definitely a game that can pick up a 'success' along the way. I don't see anyone taking the graphical crown away from it anytime soon at least.

    I'm not ready to accept the PC as dead just yet. Valve still has a lot left to show us with the Half-Life universe and Blizzard hasn't blown it's load on its franchises yet, either. Plus, Spore is on the horizon and Duke is showing signs of life again.

    We may only have a select few developers focusing primarily on PC, but I can't really say it's been too different in the past. I dunno, I could be wrong.

  • The Duke is still alive, teaser incoming

    • Erratic
    • December 19, 2007 at 12:56 AM
    Quote from killertomato

    still a fan

    I'm with ya.

    The jokes never got old but I still find it hard to not be interested in the game.

  • EA announces "Tiberium"

    • Erratic
    • December 19, 2007 at 12:52 AM

    But, best game of 2007? Just seems like a strange title to pick out considering how nuts this year has been with great games.

    (mario galaxy takes the cake btw)'

    Unless you're a huge C&C fan and it just hits home. ONLY POSSIBLE EXPLANATION.

  • EA announces "Tiberium"

    • Erratic
    • December 18, 2007 at 5:21 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Is it the same team as C&C 3? Because that's the best game released in 2007.

    Your sarcasm better be lost on me. :megaman:

  • Welcome to the New Forums!!

    • Erratic
    • December 18, 2007 at 12:19 AM

    Oh, hello Mapc-...

  • Post your desktop 2007!~

    • Erratic
    • December 15, 2007 at 11:05 PM

    Wow I actually dug it up. Suck it internet.

    http://www.vulomedia.com/images/48788colossusstack.jpg

  • Post your desktop 2007!~

    • Erratic
    • December 15, 2007 at 10:53 PM

    Yeah it's all the Shadow of the Colossus colossi as Quakis said. And I think a few that didn't appear in the game.

    Quote from Quakis

    Where's the original and what's the size of the image? It really does look great. SOTC <3

    I'm an idiot and saved over it, will try to find it again.

  • Post your desktop 2007!~

    • Erratic
    • December 15, 2007 at 9:53 PM

    Probably the best background image ever.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/83592Desktop01.jpg]

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Erratic
    • December 15, 2007 at 4:19 PM

    Nice skybex. So many insurgency devs under Grin

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • December 12, 2007 at 11:55 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    First screen, building to the right. The window behind that tall chimney/brick structure with the spire seems odd, wouldn't think there'd be much point for a window there, not sure.

    Architectural peculiarities are whatever you wan to call them are not uncommon. I've seen far worse than windows not being built in places with the best of views. If anything, it adds to the realism factor.

  • Oh dear. (new terminator film)

    • Erratic
    • December 12, 2007 at 2:28 AM

    When a director doesn't have a first name, WORRY.

  • Any fix to this?

    • Erratic
    • December 11, 2007 at 9:18 PM

    Been wondering about this myself...

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • December 11, 2007 at 6:34 PM

    Also, http://vulomedia.com/

    Quick and effective, though no storage setup.

  • No Country for Old Men

    • Erratic
    • December 11, 2007 at 1:51 AM
    Quote from Mojo

    The sound design was amazing, I won't go into specifics (spoilers, etc) but there is a scene where the main character is making a phone call that is just creepy.

    Spoilerish

    Funny you mention the sound. I read somewhere (after seeing the movie) that there's no music during the entire film. I was pretty surprised by that, never really noticed. And for some reason I think this makes the movie doubly awesome

    Spoilerish

  • Spike VGAs - Teasers

    • Erratic
    • December 10, 2007 at 4:57 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    but LBP was awesome as ever, obviously.

    It's going to be interesting to see how people react to it and whether or not it'll be embraced the way I imagine Sony is hoping. It seems like a remarkable piece of technology but I wonder how eager people are going to be to sit down and provide themselves and others with 90% of the gameplay experience.

    Also, wtf was with the Vegas 2 trailer. All I saw was real life casino footage

  • No Country for Old Men

    • Erratic
    • December 8, 2007 at 6:34 PM

    Doh, probably should have linked to more info I guess

    Here's another trailer

    http://%7boption%7d

  • No Country for Old Men

    • Erratic
    • December 8, 2007 at 3:47 AM

    Anyone see it yet? Probably the best movie I've seen to be released in the last few years. And I really liked The Departed.

    Completely worth your time to check it out. It's pretty brilliant. Nothing got me out to the theatres for awhile, what with the massive amounts of big bullshit coming out over this past summer (TRANSFORMERS) and whatever other 250+ million dollar movie you can name. It's just nice to know there's always a real film to come along every now and then to put that stuff to shame.

  • Grin in swedish kids TV

    • Erratic
    • December 7, 2007 at 6:36 PM

    The thing with the colored blocks, which I'm guessing is the editor, looks awesome

  • Uncharted: Drake's Fortune

    • Erratic
    • December 6, 2007 at 5:18 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    a game like this deserves not to have sequel.

    Haven't played Drakes but, how so? Sounds like you enjoyed it?

    Unless you're referring to something story related.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™