1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Quake Live

    • Erratic
    • February 19, 2008 at 8:15 PM

    Crazy.

  • Quake Live

    • Erratic
    • February 19, 2008 at 7:13 PM

    Can't wait. Q3 forever.

    All it needs is stats tracking and this could replace Desktop TD as my primary quick fix game.

  • Penumbra

    • Erratic
    • February 19, 2008 at 7:11 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    I've seen screenshots from these two games last night and they didn't interested me too much.Now that you brought it up and I've checked some videos I decided to dll and test. The mechanics and Atmosphere are decent, the art could be a bit better though. (While sequel is arleady a lot better than the original)

    And yeah puzzles really are logical.

    it's clearly inspired by SH and other simmilar games, I like it:D

    Play it! The experience it provides with minimal content is astounding in my opinion. Gameplay videos of most games suck

    And you're right about it borrowing from Japanese horror games. The piano/ambient sounds in particular are such a throwback to the fixed-camera style Resident Evil games. It's great stuff.

    I got a digital download for Penumbra: Overture from Direct2Drive and loving the puzzles so far. They're so grounded in reality when compared to other horror game puzzles. Gives such a better sense of the environment and world as opposed to arbitrary puzzles that-are-so-obviously-puzzles that you find in the Silent Hill and RE games. (they're still awesome too, of course )

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • February 18, 2008 at 8:42 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    Please elaborate! I play on one specific "hardcore" server most of the time and beside people constantly calling each other "n00b" it's pretty awesome. We just play "search and destroy" and some of the players on it play amazingly well. It really makes a difference what server you play on.

    I bounce around a bunch of hardcore servers and can't say it's been any worse than other PC games. Just be glad you aren't on Xbox Live.

  • Penumbra

    • Erratic
    • February 17, 2008 at 9:10 PM

    Hadn't really heard much about these games at all, just a scatter of mentions over the last little while but finally checked out the demo for Penumbra: Black Plauge and it's pretty great. Anyone try these yet? Apparently there's two games in the series (overture being the first, black plague second), they're basically FPS-Survival horror made up mostly of puzzle solving from what I gathered from the demo, but they're pretty ingenious puzzle designs. Really practical, logical kind of puzzles, I had a blast with it.

    Gonna try and get these somehow. Not sure they're available retail...They don't seem to be available on Steam either, which is a shame, cause they look like perfect candidates to be on there; no publicity/by a small developer.

    so yeah, go download for awesomeness.

    Overture Demo

    Black Plague Demo

  • Red Alert 3 Announced...

    • Erratic
    • February 16, 2008 at 12:19 AM

    I stand by my comment. It's not so inconceivable that that could be a screenshot

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • February 16, 2008 at 12:06 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Started S.T.A.L.K.E.R. last night, loving it to bits so far, the only problem I have is with some dodgy animations and stupidly hard firefights. Even on the medium graphical settings, it still looks an amazing game and atmosphere is fantastic!

    Started this up a couple days ago as well. So good, but damn, the auto saves are infrequent. Been setting me back quite a ways when I suddenly get in a firefight with some wandering enemies and get messed up. Gotta get back into quick-saving like a whore mode

  • Another Uwe Boll gem!

    • Erratic
    • February 15, 2008 at 9:23 PM

    I'll wait for the dvd.

  • Red Alert 3 Announced...

    • Erratic
    • February 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM
    Quote from dux

    Oh I know. Let's make a petition for them to make red alert 3 on the old red alert 2 engine so none of the feel is lost !It looks perfectly acceptable from these couple of early screens. Stop moaning.

    Ugh.

    StarCraft 2 should sit down and have a word with Red Alert 3 :science:

  • Red Alert 3 Announced...

    • Erratic
    • February 14, 2008 at 6:09 PM

    There's no distinct look to it at all. Could easily be mistaken for Generals. C&C 3 had a distinct look with the environments and buildings all having a really unique quality to them. This doesn't give me a Red Alert vibe at all. Where's all the exaggerated unit/structure designs?

    The only shot that looks right is this, but not sure if that's in game or not

    [Blocked Image: http://www.ea.com/redalert/images/media/03_art.jpg]

    I'm a little confused now.

  • Red Alert 3 Announced...

    • Erratic
    • February 14, 2008 at 5:21 PM

    That looks like a C&C Generals mod to me. Why would RA3 look worse than C&C 3?

    I heard there's a co-op campaign. Insta-buy for me if true.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • February 10, 2008 at 3:09 AM

    Twisted Metal: Head-On for the PS2

    Haven't really played a Twisted Metal game since TM2, gameplay still holds up after all these years.

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Erratic
    • February 9, 2008 at 11:14 PM
    Quote from buddy the designer

    Now release on PC plz

    This will be the first time I play a GTA on a console. Double excitement for me not having to use WASD for driving.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • February 7, 2008 at 9:46 PM

    Yeah that kicks ass. Yours and Methods stuff are great examples of D3 engine usage.

    Brush based editors forever.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • February 6, 2008 at 4:59 PM

    The last bit drove me INSANE. The section where you have to redo the training near the end was ridiculous. Getting shot at while shimmying along the rail? It was like no one tested those last sections. I almost didn't beat it because of those parts, but yeah I really liked the rest of the game, despite it's flaws, it does some really cool stuff. I found the most enjoyable sections were the platforming, really. Just grabbing ledges and navigating the environment. The gun combat is poor, but once you get the hang of the melee system it's fun...Till more than 2 enemies show up, then it kinda becomes frustrating. But yeah, worth while just to see all the craziness done in first person.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • February 5, 2008 at 9:09 PM

    Just beat Breakdown (xbox) and Crysis. Ran into a pain in the ass progression blocker at the end of Crysis but an awesome experience otherwise. Probably one of the best shooters on PC in years. It really took me by surprise after the underwhelming demo.

    Still getting through Devil May Cry 3 and started up Twilight Princess again after never really giving it a chance.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • February 3, 2008 at 7:37 PM

    Finally getting around to playing Crysis. And it's awesome.

  • More Crysis / F.E.A.R sequels

    • Erratic
    • February 1, 2008 at 6:22 AM

    Crysis hits a million units worldwide

    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/51081

    Way to pick up the difference, Europe

  • terribly frustrating games

    • Erratic
    • January 27, 2008 at 1:25 AM

    I got the regular version that's been lingering around since I picked up my PS2. It was the DMC4 demo that sparked me to start playing it again cause I really liked that and thought I'd give DMC3 another try. I was hoping to beat it before 4 comes out but I don't think it's gonna happen.

    The demo looked ridiculous too, at 60fps. Most impressive, Capcom.

  • Dream office

    • Erratic
    • January 26, 2008 at 10:02 PM

    It looks like a prison

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™