1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • That is really strange!

    • Erratic
    • April 5, 2008 at 8:01 PM

    Good luck Dux.

  • Daw of War 2 *Poops Pants*

    • Erratic
    • April 5, 2008 at 8:00 PM

    StarCraft II may have the better core strategy balance down, but DoW II will be the more interesting game to look at, you can bet that much

  • Daw of War 2 *Poops Pants*

    • Erratic
    • April 5, 2008 at 2:29 AM

    The scale in this looks totally awesome. Check out the tank size in relation to the marines

    Want now.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o-matic.x?/images/sshots/Screenshot/9541/9541_47f6c393d8456.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o-matic.x?/images/sshots/Screenshot/9541/9541_47f6c39d0999a.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.shacknews.com/images/image-o-matic.x?/images/sshots/Screenshot/9541/9541_47f6c3a5ef6f6.jpg]

  • Mario Kart Wii.

    • Erratic
    • April 3, 2008 at 8:36 PM

    I hope the online works better than Brawl. It would be game of the fucking year if it's playable but I really see no way of that working out.

  • Post your deviant fart page

    • Erratic
    • April 3, 2008 at 7:10 PM

    http://www.erratic.deviantart.com/

  • Gearbox Ingame ad's

    • Erratic
    • April 1, 2008 at 3:30 AM

    Semi-on-topic and not pertaining to anyone here but on other boards I've noticed a weird level of acceptance of in-game advertising in general. Even to the point of thinking ads displayed on in-game scoreboards, for example, are actually good ideas and should be implemented. How about no-ads k thx? It's just really strange how willing some people are to have products shoved in their face.

    But, this Philips thing seems to be an interesting implementation.

  • Project Origin

    • Erratic
    • April 1, 2008 at 1:21 AM
    Quote

    ":3lakqkpy]

    Actually, I bough the whole pack last month! It's quite cheap, so.. yeah!

    Playing through the expansions now and then, when I have the time.

    I might consider it if they showed up on steam :wink:

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • March 31, 2008 at 6:28 PM

    After a few false starts, I finally got into Metal Gear Solid 3. I'm about 8 hours in and have played about maybe 2 of those

    At first I was really frustrated with most everything, like the first few attempts at playing it but things are getting a bit better. I like the more interior locations for some reason, much more reminiscent of the first couple games and really narrowing your focus on how to approach the area. I'm thinking the game doesn't work as well in the more open, exterior jungle areas but I don't think I've played enough of them to tell yet (I just beat 'The Fear' boss).

    The cut scenes still bite at my ass but I'm getting used to the flow of it. This stuff didn't bother me as much with the other games but they seem more frequent and longer. I'd much rather have codec scenes, as they're more direct and tend be more insightful than watching whatever the hell the cut-scenes are supposed to be offering. They really have gotten progressively more retarded since MGS1 but whatever.

    Also, all the movie references with the Para-Medic make my skin crawl.

  • Project Origin

    • Erratic
    • March 31, 2008 at 5:09 PM

    If they can make the environments more interesting, I'll pick it up. I liked FEAR, but I didn't get the expansions because they seemed like a retread of the same stuff.

  • [TF2] CP_FASTLANE

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 9:18 PM

    I love the height variation in the playable area and the roof tops. But yeah the skyline could use some detail, some sort of backdrop would make it perfect.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 9:16 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    You better make that a good game. Deus Ex 1 = best game of all time.

    fixed.

  • Daw of War 2 *Poops Pants*

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 4:29 PM

    OMG I was gonna post this but I had no scan links.

    It's official, Blizzard's done. Customizable squads + more unit animations > StarCraft II

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 1:57 PM

    I didn't even know there were Megaman games on the DS. I seriously get overwhelmed with the DS library sometimes and end up ignoring it for long stretches. There's just so much there worth picking up if I look close enough.

    But, who can pass up Megman? :megaman:

  • Condemned 2: Bloodshot

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 2:07 AM

    Waiting on what I hope will be the inevitable PC version. Seems to be more action focused than the first, which is a bit worrying seeing as how awesome the pacing of the first was, but still eager to play it.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 2:01 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    worth picking up or no?

    It's probably the best DS game I've played so far, (keep in mind I haven't played a ton). It's really close to the console NG games too, even with the stylus. You pull off all of your moves, except block, with just the gestures so it's pretty specific with what it wants you to do, just scribbling on screen won't produce very good results (at least with the tougher enemies). Not saying you couldn't fluke your way through a few areas, but generally you're going to need to use all the moves at your disposal when they mix up the enemy types.

    Also it looks really great, Ryu's animations are pretty slick, and even the music had be humming after I finished (no joke). So yeah, definitely worth it in my opinion, though I've only played the first 2 chapters and a bit. I hear it's short, but I could totally see myself going through it again on the harder difficulty.

  • Man, what is it with bad endings?

    • Erratic
    • March 28, 2008 at 1:47 AM

    I thought Gears and Crysis actually had decent endings, considering their stories. They both left you hanging, assuming you gave a shit in the first place

    Though I did like Crysis' story, in that it gave you just what you needed to know to have an understanding of the events happening around you and why you were going to the next destination etc. Games tend to fall short of even the most basic, practical things.Gears was just typical hollow game-story telling.

  • What Are You Playing '08 Thread

    • Erratic
    • March 27, 2008 at 11:11 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    Good man

    Where's Silent Hill: Origins on that list

    Just picked up Ninja Gaiden DS, pretty awesome so far

  • Grand Theft Auto IV

    • Erratic
    • March 27, 2008 at 11:10 PM

    I think I saw a guy dive into cover eager to see how their system pans out, what with all the random shit in the world, I wonder if you can use cover on anything?

  • COD4 lighting

    • Erratic
    • March 27, 2008 at 3:36 PM

    The majority of the shadows in the environments looked like shadowmaps to me, considering they have a level of detail on them, making them dynamic. I don't recall seeing a lot of baked in lighting anywhere at all. But that's just my observation, there's a few guys from IW around here who could confirm this, no?

  • Blizzard makes odd rules for Canadians

    • Erratic
    • March 26, 2008 at 10:31 PM

    Oh, no charge, we just get homework. Lame.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™