1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • Erratic
    • May 28, 2008 at 11:38 PM
    Quote

    ":2nczk6ox]Mmm, you know, stereo (2 speakers) and surround (5+ speakers)?! that's what he meant, right?

    Damn, I must be the most low def person ever. SDTV with Stereo speakers built into the TV

    Quote

    My Wii looks awesome on it

  • Penumbra

    • Erratic
    • May 28, 2008 at 11:32 PM

    Shit, this reminds me I still need to get Black Plague.

  • Bourne Conspiracy demo out on XBL

    • Erratic
    • May 28, 2008 at 11:27 PM
    Quote

    ":30qp0u2i]not thing month tho, it's NINJA GAIDEN II time!!

  • Beyond Good and Evil 2 (again)

    • Erratic
    • May 28, 2008 at 11:18 PM

    I feel bad for having missed out on BG&E (64 bit! ). Might just have to buy it again on steam.

    Trailer looks super cool though.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • May 26, 2008 at 10:23 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2008/04/lost_winds_preview.jpg]

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • Erratic
    • May 26, 2008 at 3:30 AM
    Quote from Jetsetlemming

    I'm on XP64 for a couple years now and save for a few games that don't run due to copy protection issues (Beyond Good & Evil to name one), I'm pretty happy. I had some sound driver issues in the past with an older Creative card, where I was pretty much forced to run beta drivers that didn't love me. I moved onto a newer card with full 64bit driver support so it's not an issue any longer but worth checking out if you got some older hardware. Plus if you're going for 4 gigs of RAM it's a must, of course.

    But yeah, I've been pretty happy with it. Down with vista.

    What sound card is that? Is there a way to find out which sound and video card makers and drivers are x64 compatible and x64 trustworthy? I'm building a new computer soon.

    The old Creative Live! cards were the series I had some issues with.

    I recall in the early days of xp64 there being a compatibility list for software and hardware out there somwehere but it may have dwindled away 'cause I can't find it anymore. You could just narrow down which hardware you want and check the official sites and see if the drivers offer XP64 support. It shouldn't really be an issue if you're building a new system, all the problems I had were with older stuff. Newer hardware/software is most likely supported.

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • Erratic
    • May 24, 2008 at 6:38 PM
    Quote from Buddy

    There were problems with drivers and games but that was the day it was released, now its few years later and most companies arleady support x64 so its not a problem

    Find a boxed copy of BG&E and tell me it's still not a problem. You can't even install the game.

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • Erratic
    • May 24, 2008 at 3:43 AM
    Quote from madgernader

    Going alittle off topic,Is Xp64 any good? I heard it had bad driver support so stay away from it, but many people here seem to use it and like it... Id love to use it as 64bit was about the only reason I got vista, and since that was a dissapointment to me its leaving me open to ideas.

    I'm on XP64 for a couple years now and save for a few games that don't run due to copy protection issues (Beyond Good & Evil to name one), I'm pretty happy. I had some sound driver issues in the past with an older Creative card, where I was pretty much forced to run beta drivers that didn't love me. I moved onto a newer card with full 64bit driver support so it's not an issue any longer but worth checking out if you got some older hardware. Plus if you're going for 4 gigs of RAM it's a must, of course.

    But yeah, I've been pretty happy with it. Down with vista.

  • I am making a DoD:s map.

    • Erratic
    • May 23, 2008 at 10:13 PM

    This thread should be stickied for the awesome contained within its pages. lol

  • STALKER: Clear Sky

    • Erratic
    • May 23, 2008 at 9:42 PM

    Day-Night video

    high res: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34328.html

    low res: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34329.html?type=

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • Erratic
    • May 23, 2008 at 9:26 PM

    Nice to see Kojima wising up to the fact that, sometimes, peeing is more important than a games story.

  • Test Your Reflexes!

    • Erratic
    • May 22, 2008 at 8:37 PM

    0.23

  • Crap artist can't get job, whines about it

    • Erratic
    • May 21, 2008 at 1:21 AM
    Quote from JohnC

    and his stuff's about as detailed as any game on Wii or 360. I say lighten up.

    Post of the day

  • Google Health

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2008 at 7:36 PM

    Google Hypochondriac more like it.

  • Crap artist can't get job, whines about it

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2008 at 7:33 PM
    Quote from Zyndrome

    [Blocked Image: http://i31.tinypic.com/2dvlmky.jpg]

    good lord, what's wrong with that poor kitty?

  • Tropic Thunder Trailer

    • Erratic
    • May 20, 2008 at 5:20 AM

    Holy shit at Robert Downey

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • May 19, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    Quote from m8nkey

    STFU. you even have to look up at wikipedia what BSP means.god, i hate it when "artists" talk about technical detail they know shit about (((

    BSP is a simple concept, even an "artist" should understand it.so, it's like brushes n' stuff, right?

  • Mafia 2 website/screens

    • Erratic
    • May 17, 2008 at 4:27 AM

    Eh, it could just be they're showing shots at times of the day when bloom is at its most noticeable. GTAIV can get a bit bloomy when it's bright out, but the time of day shifts smoothly enough that it's not so noticeable. And on a second glance, at least half of those shots don't really demonstrate any over use of it anyway.

    I don't really mind it however, adds a kind of dreamy quality that seems appropriate for the time period.

  • Mirror's Edge

    • Erratic
    • May 16, 2008 at 2:34 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    ghost in the shell: just another blade runner ripoff

    Bladerunner, just another Nighthawks ripoff

    [Blocked Image: http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g68/almaxp/hopper_nighthawks.jpg]

  • Games you regret buying?

    • Erratic
    • May 14, 2008 at 7:30 PM
    Quote from Sindwiller

    Huh? Which one exactly? I can't remember the first Dungeon Siege having that kind of thing.

    The first. It's been awhile since I last played it but it distinctly remember you not needing to click on any enemies for your character to engage them. The whole thing just felt very automated. It seems small, but it really broke the game for me.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™