1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • July 4, 2008 at 12:11 AM

    Real men play Titan Quest in celebration of Diablo III.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/68366tq01.jpg]

    Diablo doesn't have duel weilding Battlemages.

  • ins_buhriz (Insurgency)

    • Erratic
    • July 3, 2008 at 6:25 AM

    Pretty cool, I like it a lot. The first screen is great. Looks like a lot of fun to with all the openness too. Looks like you pulled off the open/terrain based level for INS really well. Congrats.

  • Mafia 2 website/screens

    • Erratic
    • July 2, 2008 at 4:56 AM

    Been trying to put my finger on where I saw the character in Mafia 2 before...

    [Blocked Image: http://img2.timeinc.net/people/i/2004/04/specials/brandoobit/mbrando.jpg]

    Marlon Brando in on the waterfront! Pretty cool reference if I do say so. Plaid coats ftw

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • July 1, 2008 at 11:09 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    Honestly, diablo 2 had very bland art, I don't know why you would want it to look more like that. It's whiny stuff like this that makes most games look so generic in their color palette, art directors are afraid to make choices like blizzard does now. Your all gonna buy it anyway, and with some nicer colors, some people new to the franchise will be interested aswel =)

    Isn't this sort of a tired argument though? Ever since Gears came out there's been a huge backlash against games using any sort of colour filter or desaturation, the 'lolz brown games' was a valid statement for maybe 2 months. Adding a lot of colour to a game doesn't equal great art direction, which I'm sure you're aware of. But it seems unfair to just take a dump on games that want to stick to a strict colour palette or use it sparingly for certain effects.

    *cough* my avatar *cough*

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 30, 2008 at 10:30 PM
    Quote from dux

    You guys think that's an UEngine wannabe looker? Man you guys fail. I'm as rabid with this as stolve is as rabid with fallout3. Beware.

    Except there's a reasonable expectation for Diablo 3 to have looked like the previous 2, it being the same company developing it and all.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • June 30, 2008 at 2:26 AM

    Interesting approach to a TF2 level, reminds me a bit of that Egypt level floating around.

    As for the interior...I'd say blend the dirt into the concrete by making it part of the displacement map and maybe make the roof a more organic/rock surface to up the underground cavern kinda feel.

  • They Wonder Why People Don't Make PC Games Any More

    • Erratic
    • June 30, 2008 at 2:23 AM
    Quote from Nexus

    money isn't the important thing in da world.. love is.. I love to play games.. so fortunately, i download dem.

    I lol'd

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 30, 2008 at 12:53 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    general game play would be much better had it featured those people who made the original series.

    This is a bit of a stretch, no?

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 29, 2008 at 1:14 AM
    Quote from DvS

    I really don't see what the rest of you are complaining about. I've played both games to death, and even though stills look a bit washed out, the gameplay video conveys a dark and gritty atmosphere that's similar to the prequels. Whole lotta fuss about nothing I say. They could've pulled a bethesda on you and made it first person, so count your lucky stars

    People have different opinions?

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 28, 2008 at 7:50 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    I personally don’t think the change is necessarily a bad thing, but there's no doubting that it's there.

    Yeah I pretty much agree with this. I was more skeptical when just looking at the screens but after watching the gameplay video it still feels very much like Diablo.

    But, I think the hope for Blizzard to successfully port those hard edged, sprite based graphics from the 90's to 3D is gone. The same sort of thing happened with StarCraft II, you sort of begrudgingly approve of the new style because it does in fact look kick ass, just not the same as it was before.

    Not to derail things, but I think Relic is pulling off that gritty, dark look that, if you took StarCraft or Diablo 10 years ago and imagined them in the future, would look something like this:

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/21599dow2_resize.jpg]

    You can't overstate Blizzard's art direction and talent, but there's a little part of me that wishes things had maybe gone more the direction shown above.

    Now it's time to wait and soak up some D3 media and info for the next 3 years

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 28, 2008 at 4:38 AM
    Quote from JohnC

    I'm pretty rusty on that piece of Blizzard lore so I'd have to bother you to enlighten me.

    Well, just from my point of view, I was expecting StarCraft 2 and got a third person stealth-action console only Starcraft.

    I don't think Blizzard can top that again. [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 28, 2008 at 2:19 AM
    Quote from JohnC

    They're not cruel, disconnected suits. They know their fans, they know some will scour for meaning in every pixel of these images. They're not going to stir their fans' hopes and excitement for a week just to crush it later.

    The build-up before the announcement of Starcraft: Ghost, ANYONE?

    Sad days.

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 26, 2008 at 6:14 AM
    Quote from JohnC

    It's an unsettling possibilty that I fear too. One of the largest pieces of evidence for Diablo 3 is Blizzard's cryptic "Team 3" job listings, and their project is called a "next-gen mmo."

    Oh dear.

    I think the MMO approach would take away from what Diablo is: a warp speed loot fest. Slogging around with a few hundred other players (with shitty latency) doesn't seem to quite fit what I always saw Diablo as. I'm very much a loner when it comes to RPG's and could care less if there were other players in the world with me, so I may be in the minority on this.

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • June 26, 2008 at 5:28 AM

    Please don't be an MMO. I doubt they'll want to pull anything away from WoW but the possibility scares me.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • June 26, 2008 at 4:11 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/9846310103764.jpg]

  • E3 2008

    • Erratic
    • June 26, 2008 at 3:48 AM
    Quote from D3ads

    Kid Icarus and Mirror's Edge should be really interesting. Everything else has shown off quite a bit of itself already.

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • Erratic
    • June 19, 2008 at 3:48 AM

    Best MGS since the first, so far. The whole game is really bringing back a lot of the feelings I had when playing MGS1 for the first time. Translation: having annoyance-free fun with Metal Gear.

  • (semi) Nude chicks interviewing gamedevs

    • Erratic
    • June 18, 2008 at 3:09 AM

    RELATED VIDEO:

    Cliffy B, Part II

    Cliffy B, Part III

    Cliffy B, Part IV

    Cliffy B, Part V

    Cliffy B, Part VI

    Cliffy B, Part VII

  • TF2 Pyro Update THIS WEEK!?!

    • Erratic
    • June 17, 2008 at 10:45 PM

    Cool that they're adding community maps in. Can't wait for the updates, pyro is one of my favorite classes. I still play fairly regularly, eff the haters

  • What good X360 games should I play?

    • Erratic
    • June 16, 2008 at 11:19 PM
    Quote

    ":2fr41a9n]Ninja Gaiden II

    Yes, this. If you have the balls for it, that is.

    Seriously, one of the best action games you'll ever play. It's leaps over the first in pacing and speed. That alone is worth it. Ignore whatever negatives people may have against it. They're wrong.

    Also, Halo 3. Still the most godly online experience going.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™