1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • July 29, 2008 at 5:07 PM

    Not to mention how awesome all the ambient music was in the game (especially when under water)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • July 29, 2008 at 2:29 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Oh yeah I know they're awesome, I just don't wanna go spending too much money when I'm only gonna play them a few times.Ahhh I can't resist, I'm gonna buy em!

    Turok 1! Shotguns, raptors, and the closest fog clip plane in a game ever

  • Wallace and Gromit episodes.

    • Erratic
    • July 28, 2008 at 10:04 PM

    So, is this like Pingu or something?

    [Blocked Image: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/c/c2/Pingu.png]

  • Club for people who have seen The Dark Knight

    • Erratic
    • July 27, 2008 at 8:56 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    By that same argument Sentura, what does the Joker have...?

    He's got Heath Ledger.

  • Club for people who have seen The Dark Knight

    • Erratic
    • July 27, 2008 at 12:43 AM
    Quote from Mazy

    Aye, definitely a good movie. But I gotta admit that its gotten so over hyped by now that its beyond grotesque at this point. #1 on the IMDB Top 250? Whaaaat? I actually felt that a lot of the movie wasn't very well paced, it felt like they nearly had enough material for 2 movies, and at points the editing almost reminded me of Spiderman 3. Now obviously this is a film in a completely different league, and I've obviously bought in too much on the hype but it really isn't quite as extraordinary as everybody made it out to be. No matter what had happened that, then Heath Ledger gave an absolutely magic performance that actually deserves the huge praise its been getting, but as an overall movie it was just a notch over alright for me

    I found it much improved over the first at least, which I found even more bloated than this one. There's a lot more focus with the The Joker being the primary villian and all the other mob bosses being very secondary. In Batman Begins, you had villians stashed all over the damn place, all of them seperate from each other, with their own goals etc. Was pretty confusing thinking back to it and I saw it multiple times.

    Though it doesn't avoid the problems from the original completely with, as mentioned, Harvey Dent being brought in and out rather quickly and the plot in general being rather complicated (maybe to a fault, I don't really think so, however). For what they wrote into the script, they handled it all very well, despite the intricate plot, I don't remember being confused too much, and if I was, it was temporary.

    I do agree, however, that it would be interesting to see what they could do with less emphasis on the "holy fuck lets put everything we can in this" approach.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • July 26, 2008 at 4:49 PM

    If you like tower defense games...

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/29840pixeljm01.jpg]

    it's well worth it.

  • ***2nd MAPPINGCONTEST POLL [UPDATED 25-7-08]***

    • Erratic
    • July 25, 2008 at 4:15 PM

    Screw democracy, make it Portal!

  • ***2nd MAPPINGCONTEST POLL [UPDATED 25-7-08]***

    • Erratic
    • July 24, 2008 at 8:31 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://saltwater.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/09/15/tumbleweed_sized.jpg]

  • Post bands you like but nobody else knows!

    • Erratic
    • July 23, 2008 at 11:32 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    I also listen to a lot of slow, progressive stuff while I work as it's not too too distracting. Like Do Make Say Think, Red Sparowes and Godspeed You! Black Emperor. Could name a load of these though, and I imagine if you know one you know them all.

    I'll name one, Mono.

  • New 3G iPhone

    • Erratic
    • July 23, 2008 at 6:26 PM
    Quote from Psycho

    All I need is a phone that I can ring and text people with. Camera is a bonus. I'm not too fussy.

    Yeah. I can change the background image on mine and I find that shit too much.

  • Aliens: Colonial Marines news

    • Erratic
    • July 23, 2008 at 3:13 PM

    Thing's look a lot dirtier with this batch, I like.

  • Meeting?

    • Erratic
    • July 22, 2008 at 7:41 PM

    These threads are always great reminders of the Euro-domination on Mapcore

  • Good luck Arttu :D

    • Erratic
    • July 21, 2008 at 3:03 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Arttu? What's that, like some kind of Napster?

    [Blocked Image: http://www.richardblackwell.co.uk/images/r2.jpg]

    ???

  • Club for people who have seen The Dark Knight

    • Erratic
    • July 21, 2008 at 1:49 AM

    Was really good. Heath Ledger stole the movie. Worth seeing for his performance alone. Liked it a lot more than Begins.

  • The Forgotten

    • Erratic
    • July 20, 2008 at 11:59 PM

    Woha, very nice. Scene really captures the mood you're going for really well. Love the props too.

    Quote

    zomg imagine this on source

  • Wii's are expensive

    • Erratic
    • July 19, 2008 at 1:12 AM

    Brawl is kind of an ass pain if you don't still own a Gamecube + controllers. And I agree, the Wii mote controls suck for it.

    You forgot to buy Mario Galaxy though, so I can see why you'd regret the purchase a little bit.

    Quote

    Still has more exclusives worth owning than the PS3 though

  • Silent Hill: Homecoming

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2008 at 11:41 PM

    It's sort of unfortunate what's happened to the series. They probably should have stopped at 3 but Konami doesn't seem to want to let it go. I don't think Homecoming will be a bad game or anything, it looks alright and will probably play well enough, I just wonder how good a Silent Hill game it'll be. From what I've gathered they've focused more on combat this time around, and really, the series is not about that at all. If anything, it's about how little you can do in the game.

    I'm looking more forward to Siren for PS3 than another Silent Hill game at this point.

  • E3 2008

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2008 at 3:19 PM

    Operation Flashpoint 2 Presentation: http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37090.html?type=

    most interesting thing to come out of the game yet.

  • Trouble Designing A Layout

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    Quote from dux

    Exactly my take on it. Which is somewhat ironic when I was at my last job interview I was pretty much shunned for using that method of creating a map as their idea of Level Designer was someone who drew their ideas on paper.

    Yeah, I find it weird for companies to be demanding in terms of process. Everyone approaches something differently, so long as it works who gives a shit.

  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • Erratic
    • July 18, 2008 at 2:47 PM

    The section of the video where whoever playing started spitting out all those randomly generated guns all over the place sold me on it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  2. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:17 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™