1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • August 21, 2008 at 3:01 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/23760Toohumanboxart.jpg]

  • TF2 Pyro Update THIS WEEK!?!

    • Erratic
    • August 20, 2008 at 2:22 AM
    Quote from dux

    fucking backburner noobs. Get some skill with the compressed air ability.[Blocked Image: http://forums.mapcore.net/download/file.php?avatar=14_1218989273.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://forums.mapcore.net/download/file.php?avatar=329_1219177526.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Erratic
    • August 19, 2008 at 7:45 PM

    Wow, looks great. Awesome setting.

    Snow looks a little untouched though, no tracks or dirt :monocle:

  • John Romero and Daikatana

    • Erratic
    • August 18, 2008 at 12:42 AM
    Quote

    ":1zifh3cp]Man, Daikatana was a BAD game! Even for that time, the graphics were horrible! On the other hand, DeusEx is the best game ever made by the hands of Ion Storm! Although John Romero wasn't on Ion storm by then. Nice link btw.

    The games were developed in seperate offices at about the same time, Daikatana in Dallas, Deus Ex in Austin.

    Quote from dux

    "We had a skin for a little arrow, and it was 1300x960 pixels!"- John Romero

    lol

    This is also the best quote ever.

  • Diablo 3

    • Erratic
    • August 14, 2008 at 2:25 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Everyone should read this and shut the fuck up.

    Well, the complaining can always be viewed as a positive thing. I mean, most people don't even think twice about a game before they right it off. With Diablo 3, you have people arguing all over the internet for months now because they love the series so damn much. Are all the arguments coherent and will informed? Probably not, but I don't think a lot of developers would mind having such a rabid (crazy?) fan base.

  • World War III anyone?

    • Erratic
    • August 11, 2008 at 8:52 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    i am an abstract person (refer to this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MBTI) and i can see how things happen and how they can evolve without being told so on beforehand.

    I wouldn't base much much off that test. Or any test.

    Quote from Sentura

    i am currently in uni, where you learn a new way of thinking, above learning what subject you study

    Also, is this not bordering on some kind of weirdo elitism? New way of thinking? Are my chakra's misconfigured? :megaman:

  • World War III anyone?

    • Erratic
    • August 11, 2008 at 6:11 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    If the media didn't report on it, people would be up in arms about its neglect. When they do, they accuse them of being fear mongers. It seems people often have two minds about this subject I can never quite figure out.

    Personally, I want to know about all the horrible things that occur, if only for the sake of just knowing about it. May sound morbid, but it's certainly better than the alternative.

    I can only hope such events take precedence over pointless shit like the Olympics.

    living vicariously, eh

    Stick your head in the sand, eh?

    Never said I enjoy hearing about it, but I'm certainly not going to go out of my way to avoid it.

    The very least anyone can do a million miles away from something is give it the courtesy of attention.

    Oh shit, nevermind, track and field is on.

  • World War III anyone?

    • Erratic
    • August 11, 2008 at 5:14 AM
    Quote from 2d-chris

    it's a shame most people have a craving for evil stories.

    If the media didn't report on it, people would be up in arms about its neglect. When they do, they accuse them of being fear mongers. It seems people often have two minds about this subject I can never quite figure out.

    Personally, I want to know about all the horrible things that occur, if only for the sake of just knowing about it. May sound morbid, but it's certainly better than the alternative.

    I can only hope such events take precedence over pointless shit like the Olympics.

  • Club for people who have seen The Dark Knight

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2008 at 11:14 PM
    Quote from dissonance

    Furthermore, someone needs to hand Mister Wayne a fucking throat lozenge or something.

    Far above anything else, that's my biggest complaint. Nearly every line Bale delivered as Batman made me cringe.

    I still think it's a great movie of course, saw it for a second time a few days ago.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • August 8, 2008 at 7:52 PM
    Quote from Punky

    [Blocked Image: http://i12.tinypic.com/6laznv6.jpg]Hell yeah!

    ?

    [Blocked Image: http://www.etonline.com/media/photo/2007/09/31588/400_jonasbrothers_070925_fharrison_76337787.jpg]

  • THQ knows how to market a game

    • Erratic
    • August 7, 2008 at 2:39 PM
    Quote from Warby

    but is this a sign for game industrys immaturity ? i think not at least not if compared to the movies and tv industrys. they have been around for quite a while longer and they pull the same kind of shit and sometimes worse. for example i am a hardcore imdb user i check that site at least 4 times a day and their news (not the reason why i go there) are bursting out of all seams with the newest miss adventures of all sorts of slutty 14 year old girls getting nude pictures taken and having them leak onto the internet. one girl and the marketing people behind her need to be pointed out especially: "milly ray cyrus" she is in the news like everyday i dont know what exactly it is she is doing (sure as hell not singing or acting) but i know for sure her entire career and the marketing of her products is build on her bieng jailbait. the game industry has reached THAT level of maturity a long time ago

    I dunno if tabloid news stories are the thing to compare against the media Ubisoft released for Assassins. Basically what imdb is reporting on is the same shit that junk E-magazines focus on.

    I didn't really see anything wrong with the Assassins Creed developer diary's that were done, it's internal promotion from the developer/publisher that gives you some insight as to who's making it and why. Sure, I'll always prefer a gameplay trailer over anything else, but I don't mind getting glimpse at who's working on the game. Be it a producer or whoever.

  • ***2nd MAPPINGCONTEST POLL [UPDATED 25-7-08]***

    • Erratic
    • August 7, 2008 at 4:02 AM
    Quote from merkaba

    I think I was pushing for visual abstraction rather than laziness. I've not been getting much sleep lately, and so I don't think I'm making a lot of sense half the time :roll: Maybe....consider the bulk of the visuals as being the equivilent of proper grammar and sentence structuring in a post. They are not necessary but make the post more digestable, and if done well can enhance the power of the post's content.

    Code
    So, 
    
    
               You                                   choose            to
    
    
                      can
    
    
                                                        get 
    
    
               creative with                   your visuals
    
    
    BUT
    
    
     the
    
    
                 important thing
    
    
                                              ...is the post content!
    Display More

    HOWEVER, your Visuals have the power to ENHANCE the content, and sometimes even DEFINE it!

    So maybe the real root of what I am trying to get across, is that I want a contest that encourages the participants to be creative, for themselves and others - go wild, don't feel restricted by player expectations, be poets of the level editor! Explore design principles, visual ideas, gameplay ideas...try something new, take a leap, don't do the same old stuff you've done for other levels, don't try and prove anything or stretch your already-established skills unless those skills are truely sublime; focus on exploring the unknown and exciting. Defy gravity. Dive into the abyss. Do something that's just outrageous.

    Yes, I need sleep. [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

    Get this artsy fartsy crap outta here!

    Would be a cool idea to explore, but for a contest we'd probably have to nail down a particular sort of 'thing' to accomplish, I assume. Whatever the abstract crazy idea is, make it clear and make it so each entry can be judged against one another fairly and evenly.

    The black and white map idea would work, for example, though that's been kind of done to death in the past...

  • The new Zack Snyder Movie: Watchmen

    • Erratic
    • August 3, 2008 at 11:06 PM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    sounds pretty sweet and bloody!

    Yes, just what Watchmen is about...

  • RAGE

    • Erratic
    • August 2, 2008 at 10:33 PM
    Quote from Taylor

    What id game has excessive levels of gore? Splashing a bit of red around (giant blood spurts, gibbing) is not very damning to a games rating, you typically have to incorporate levels or realism, torture or sadism before the rating folk bump you to adult.

    I don't know what the exact criteria are for adult, but a bit of blood and cursing will nail you an M.

  • RAGE

    • Erratic
    • August 2, 2008 at 6:41 PM
    Quote from Thrik

    Shouldn't matter if the game is otherwise great. I'd quite like to see an iD game focused less on gore and more on bringing a rich world to life. The atmosphere in that trailer is awesome. Looks like there's more NPC/non-combat gameplay, and presumably more general exploration to do, which I like.

    I have nothing against games that end up being 'Teen' it's just when developers have to start making serious concessions to things they'd otherwise like to have in their game to reach that rating.

  • RAGE

    • Erratic
    • August 2, 2008 at 1:20 AM

    http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/53996

    Some more details on RAGE in general, the inventory stuff sounds awesome, as does the coop but...

    Quote

    ... the gore will be limited, as id is shooting for a Teen rating to broaden its audience.

    the...fuck?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • August 2, 2008 at 1:05 AM

    Hurray

    Quote

    for price drops

    [Blocked Image: http://www.vulomedia.com/images/21150resistancefallofman.jpg]

  • EA will sell Crysis Ready PCs

    • Erratic
    • July 30, 2008 at 12:34 AM

    I think this is more of an initiative to make people aware of the fact that it really doesn't cost you much more to build a decent rig than to buy either a 360 or PS3. You can throw numbers all over the place but they basically come to about the same, give or take, depending on how far you want to go with either approach.

    I don't see the big issue, the price range they set was quite modest, nothing wrong with educating the average gamer on what their options are.

  • Vivendi studios and projects face uncertain future

    • Erratic
    • July 29, 2008 at 8:59 PM
    Quote from generalvivi

    Whats the point if 70% of the people that worked on those games originally aren't even there anymore. : /

    touche

  • Vivendi studios and projects face uncertain future

    • Erratic
    • July 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM
    Quote from Bl1tz

    Well I for one am glad Activision-Blizzard is listening to what gamers want. We as gamers have been clamoring for more Spyro and more Crash Bandicoot and by god who are they to deny us these stellar games?

    Yes, more annual call of duty games and guitar hero crud. Oh lord

    Also what good are more Crash games if they aren't from Naughty Dog? None have been very successful without them.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™