1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Video Games and Learning

    • Erratic
    • September 15, 2008 at 2:48 AM

    Edutainment isn't fun? Someone didn't play Math Rescue

    [Blocked Image: http://www.videogamerkids.com/userimages/user2181_1161773665.gif]

  • Crysis Warhead

    • Erratic
    • September 13, 2008 at 4:48 AM
    Quote from dux

    Wasn't everyone in the other thread saying it was going to be pantsI lol'd

    No faith in PC gaming these days [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

  • Crysis Warhead

    • Erratic
    • September 13, 2008 at 12:12 AM

    Wonder how the multiplayer turned out. I'm curious to see what they've retooled or improved. I really wanted to get into Crysis' MP but something felt like it was missing. Also the weapon buy system seemed rather unforgiving

  • Spore. Buy. Now

    • Erratic
    • September 11, 2008 at 10:27 PM
    Quote from Punky

    Looks like someone has won the internet!

    confusedangryteen.gif

  • The Most Alien-Looking Place on Earth

    • Erratic
    • September 11, 2008 at 3:05 PM

    Oh shit, Mushroom Kingdom is real.

  • Tattoos and the games industry

    • Erratic
    • September 10, 2008 at 6:27 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    (except yourself after 11am).

    fixed.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • September 9, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    Horrible game.[Blocked Image: http://www.tothegame.com/res/game/6401/boxshot_uk_large.jpg]

    Awesome game.

    Quote

    More fun than GTAIV

    Also had some good fun with this,

    [Blocked Image: http://comicotoko.com/zencart/images/xbox360stranglehold.jpg]

  • STALKER: Clear Sky

    • Erratic
    • September 8, 2008 at 3:40 PM
    Quote

    ":1pyht4bg]This is why I'm loving my console even more.This patches thingy on PC gaming is getting annoying! there's almost no point on buying a PC game on day one because of bugs!

    Meh, console games still get day 1 patches and are more buggy than they have been in the past (arguably). I can name 3 games released in the last 2 months that have shipped with rather obvious issues. (Ninja Gaiden 2, Too Human, Mercenaries 2).

    It seems this generation people are really preoccupied with bugs, frame rate, resolutions and all the technical crap that's sort of been transparent/ignored previously. Not calling you out specifically HP, just an observation.

  • Next issue PC ZONE magazine reveals Deus Ex 3

    • Erratic
    • September 8, 2008 at 2:25 PM

  • Spore. Buy. Now

    • Erratic
    • September 8, 2008 at 2:24 PM
    Quote from Hourences

    Maybe the game is trying to be too much? Be both a rts game and everything else, appeal both to girls and boys, young and old, etc?

    Civilization was rather famous for attracting a wide range of players and that shit makes me feel stupid when I play it. I can't see Spore turning off anyone, you're eased into the learning curve of the game, it's very approachable for what I've played so far.

  • weird spots on my displacements?

    • Erratic
    • September 8, 2008 at 5:05 AM

    Just an off hand thought, is it possible the shader type in the VMT is something other than LightmappedGeneric or any other acceptable type for displacement like vertexlitgeneric etc.?

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • September 8, 2008 at 2:18 AM
    Quote from Taylor

    This hasn't arrived yet, but I spent

    4 hours

    playing it in the arcade. I was expecting a few subtle tweaks thrown out for some cash-money, but they've really overhauled some stuff. I'm late to the party, but I'm liking it. They've done funky stuff to Jam's HS, though.

    Is this that series where's like, 2 planes of fighting space, the back and fore ground? I've played a bunch of 2D fighters at a friends over the years and always confuse them.

  • Spore. Buy. Now

    • Erratic
    • September 8, 2008 at 2:12 AM
    Quote from Taylor

    They are?

    I would say so. If I had a dollar for every time the word 'cinematic' was dropped. It's kind of sad it's used in the context of describing a game.

    Anywho, Spore is great so far. The game gives you almost no reason to stop playing, you're constantly strung along with new things every few minutes. I'm at the tribal phase right now and so far the transitions aren't as sharp as I expected, all of the principals and gameplay in each phase are built upon the last, so it doesn't feel like a series of mini games as I feared.

    I also noticed there's like, 5 other creation modes for vehicle types and buildings. I didn't even know there was this much creation to the game

  • Hellboy 2: The Golden Army

    • Erratic
    • September 7, 2008 at 7:55 PM

    Hellboy was one of the few comic book movies I really liked so I'm looking forward to finally seeing this. Not sure why I didn't catch it in theatres.

  • Real comedy.

    • Erratic
    • September 7, 2008 at 3:56 AM

    I'll completely throw off the cycle with this:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • September 7, 2008 at 3:45 AM
    Quote from jaboo224

    .... imdb still has one of the most accurate top 100 list for movies. DarkKnight is slowly going down the list as its #3 atm.

    I think it did at some point. And The Dark Night should be a lot lower than that.

  • Old Washroom Scene [wip]

    • Erratic
    • September 7, 2008 at 3:43 AM

    The scene completely fails...as a washroom.

    Though I do agree about the lamps, they're just really large and really low poly. I think a smaller lamp would work better and fit with how the rest of the scene is finely detailed.

    Otherwise, can't wait to see where it goes, looking good.

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Erratic
    • September 7, 2008 at 3:28 AM

    That imdb list has really gone to shit in the last couple years. The Dark Night being the most notable as of recent.

  • Spore. Buy. Now

    • Erratic
    • September 6, 2008 at 11:07 PM

    Mapcore...So brutal. Won't even give Will Wright a chance

  • Last.FM

    • Erratic
    • September 6, 2008 at 11:05 PM

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™