1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Erratic

Posts by Erratic

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • Erratic
    • September 26, 2008 at 4:10 AM
    Quote from zaphod

    resulting in a massive L.U.V.-splosion.

    [Blocked Image: http://moviesmedia.ign.com/movies/image/article/732/732787/borat-20060914010450074.jpg]

  • Jack Thompson = PERMANENTLY DISBARRED

    • Erratic
    • September 26, 2008 at 12:26 AM

    God, I hope it's the last we hear of him. All the Jack Thompson hate/bashing aside, any news story involving him is just flat out boring. Law + old ignorant attitudes = get me the fuck out.

  • Game of the Year 2008 Has Been Found

    • Erratic
    • September 24, 2008 at 6:30 AM

    Well, I can't say if the game is good or not, but there is something undeniably hilarious about running around shooting endangered wild life in the face

    It's like a random idea someone came up with late one night and actually followed through and got it made. I mean, the guy wrestles an alligator in that video, how many games let you do that?

  • Game of the Year 2008 Has Been Found

    • Erratic
    • September 24, 2008 at 3:44 AM
    Quote from n8braker

    wtf

    You just watched a man punch a lion in the face, that's what.

  • STALKER: Clear Sky

    • Erratic
    • September 23, 2008 at 8:46 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://forums.mapcore.net/download/file.php?avatar=1973_1222097929.jpg]

  • Game of the Year 2008 Has Been Found

    • Erratic
    • September 23, 2008 at 8:43 PM

    Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009

    http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40322.html?type=flv

    Simply amazing. Far Cry 2 watch out.

  • Silent Hill: Homecoming

    • Erratic
    • September 22, 2008 at 11:38 PM

    Could have sworn there were a few games floating around that were locked.

  • Silent Hill: Homecoming

    • Erratic
    • September 22, 2008 at 9:02 PM
    Quote

    ":27wtdc16]Playstation3 itself don't have region lock.

    Games do.

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 11:18 PM
    Quote

    ":2al6xywk]This is getting OT, but fuck it..The only persons I heard saying invisible war was a very good game, was the persons that never played the first one before!

    I don't know if you played DeusEx Erratic, but god, DeusEx IW Isn't 25% as good as the first one! I'm not saying IW is not a good game, I played it, and kind of enjoyed it, I was just so disappointed it didn't lived up to It's predecessors name.

    I guess one can say DeusEx is Warren Spector's one hit wonder, cos he definitely fucked up with the sequel. And his tardness has grown with time, especialy when he said not so long ago that "100 hour long games are wrong ..."

    Hey now, Deus Ex is my favorite game, I've yet to play a game better than it. Got that thing the first week of release and have been nuts about it ever since. But I think a lot of the shit IW got was for simply not living up to the original. I doubt many fans saw it through to completion to really offer a thorough opinion on it. Yes, It has a ton of issues that have been talked about for ages but when you really look at the type of game it was, that sort of Origin/Looking Glass lineage of games, moral choices, hybrid genre bending kinda stuff, you don't see that very often anymore and it kinda sucks. I can bet if IW was released today there'd be a very different reaction to it. I think it's easy to forget how streamlined and simplified games have sort of become over the years. If you set it alongside a lot of the stuff coming out today, it really would stand above most of it.

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 10:54 PM
    Quote from JohnC

    The map packs were free for Call of Duty 4 PC because nVidia sponsored the downloads. As far as I know they weren't going to do it if they couldn't charge.

    True, I forgot about that. But what a load of shit that is anyway. Just support your user base for fuck sake.

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 9:50 PM

    Oh you betch your ass it's on there. And that's the least of that box arts problems

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 6:02 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    I have yet to experience a console to PC game where the PC version gets new maps, patches and extra stuff before the console version...

    Call of Duty 4 got all the patches on PC before its console counterparts. The map packs were released earlier on the 360 but when they finally got around on PC I sure as hell didn't have to pay for them

    Quote from dux

    You did not just say that!

    How can you not love this?

    [Blocked Image: http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h37/ronaldmccheese/250px-Dxinvwar.jpg]

  • Call of Duty: World at war

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 5:30 AM
    Quote from Hourences

    A sci fi game can look like may things. There are a hundred ways to portray a sci fi world. There is 1 way to portray WW2. You dont even need to figure out a visual style or a story...

    That seems like a really short sited perspective to be honest. Really, there's only one single way to visually and narratively present a game set during WW2? Certainly most WW2 games take the beat path, I'll agree there, but to say that your art direction and narrative/story is completely done for you is non sense. There's virtually infinite number of directions you could take any time period both visually and narratively.

  • Crysis Warhead

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 5:20 AM

    Finished Warhead earlier today. Overall, it was pretty good, the middle

    Quote

    frozen

    portions were some of the lower points I felt, with the ending making up for it. The

    Quote

    train sequence

    is really cool, I wouldn't have minded it even being a bit longer, definitely the most memorable part of the game. I think I enjoyed the original more though, felt like it was better paced and had more variety. I did however find myself messing around with the powers a lot more with Warhead.

    Now to try out the mp a little more thoroughly.

  • Fallout 3

    • Erratic
    • September 21, 2008 at 4:56 AM
    Quote from DvS

    I have no doubt that fallout 3 will be well "ported" to the PC, but the point I'm making is that it shouldn't have to be "ported" to begin with. Bugs or stability isn't my concern either... my concern is that so many facets of the game seem to be optimized/centered around both the console as a platform

    Consolizing a game...It's nothing new. See: Deus Ex: Invisible War.

    Quote

    still a good game

  • Call of Duty: World at war

    • Erratic
    • September 18, 2008 at 3:38 PM
    Quote from Sentura

    it bothers me to no end that there aren't enough people in the industry who are able to think for themselves and create something more worthwhile than just a ww2 fps. i sure as hell take gameplay over story, but when you're already locked inside the gameplay of fps, the only thing attractive becomes the story -- and the pacing between combat and puzzles.

    I don't think Treyarch really has a say in the matter. My guess is these decisions come straight from Activision. They get a lot of shit for that too. Just seems to be a matter of doing the best you can with the hand you're dealt.

    Quote from Sentura

    to me ww2 games have always been the epitome of unimagination; more or less everything happening can be deducted from facts.

    I think you can always do something new and interesting with any subject matter, it's just games rarely tend to take it much further than what's already been done in a film prior. Fact based or cooky random bullshit fantasy, it plays a small part in something being great. Take's just as much care and imagination to craft a fact based period game that's great as it does to create Psychonauts, I think.

    (EDIT: Please don't interpret that as me saying Psychonauts is random bullshit )

  • Crysis Warhead

    • Erratic
    • September 18, 2008 at 3:02 AM

    Picked it up, played for an hour or so. Seems to run worse than the original on about the same settings, which kinda struck me as odd considering all this optimization talk (does changing the low-med-high settings to mainstream-gamer-enthusiast count as optimization?) though the lighting in some of the first couple areas does look better than the original. The second rainy mission feels wet everywhere, very cool.

    Auto weapon pick ups straight up suck, give me back manual pick up. Seriously.

    Also, what the fuck is with this Gamespy shit? I though their relevancy had long since expired. Creating login accounts is goddamn annoying, PC games have to quit this shit.

  • Serious thread: Is 0 a number?

    • Erratic
    • September 17, 2008 at 1:17 AM

    But can you quantify love?

    Quote

    hold me

  • Silent Hill: Homecoming

    • Erratic
    • September 16, 2008 at 2:20 AM
    Quote from Taylor

    ... shit bats.

    New enemy type confirmed?

  • Silent Hill: Homecoming

    • Erratic
    • September 16, 2008 at 12:17 AM

    Evil demons should not have that much clevage...It's just...confusing.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™