Forcing companies that would usually buy a cheaper engine to buy your more expensive engine because there's no good cheaper engine left (wouldn't know anything besides realityengine) is buying out competition as well but in a more indirect way.
Posts by DaanO
-
-
The art at the UE3 shows was so impressive it was scary

I saw some of the speedtree tech before and i wasn't impressed but those screenshots show something more powerful than i thought it was. Some great stuff there both in artwork as engine. I'm impressed.
-
Oh really? And i really thought it was an ingame pic.
Thought you people would know better.What i really love about the looks of stalker is how they're foliage all over the place, far more detail than anthing i've played before or seen on screenshots. I played the game a year ago at E3 in some kind of nVidia tournament (placed 3rd out of 6
and it was just looking great. -
By the way the Source engine will kick even UE3's ass with HDR:
[Blocked Image: http://members.iinet.net.au/~kris.mar/Previs%201.jpg]
-
Right now i find the stalker engine more impressive than ue3
-
I like the first 3 photos a lot but not the last one
-
I wonder if they didn't also want to buy out competition
-
Go anyway, seriously. I'm from Holland but it was worth the money
-
I'd sit, wait and do nothing at all because i would be quite surprised. Wait for someone to bust open the door i guess
-
This sounds like one of those things everybody really already knew but never really realised. I was gonna buy a new graphics card anyway but this made me sure

-
ferret this is awesome. map desperately needs 3d skybox though to make it bigger
-
I actually *really* like that photo
-
For the first time in 3 years i'm not going. I'm gonna miss Cali, LA and the bunch of people of the past 2 years.
-
Drawing like that is good, there's very little lines in the face really so drawing with lines often looks fake. Ink tools are good to draw people for that reason. There is however a line that should be a line, that's the chin and jaw. I think there's too much noise at the jaw in your drawing, rest is cool
-
congrats man
-
Interesting read indeed. Never realised it went that wrong but i can imagine. Game developers and politicians/ army men are just way different people most of the time.
-
I just think that every artist is always trying to improve and i'm willing to bet that the majority of people in mapcore thinks of himself as an artist. Making photos that are more than just pretty picture but that are pictures that are pretty and surprise and have some extra quality in them that extends beyond just pretty. I'm not talking about snobistic pictures or anything but more like stuff i've seen from Mike already. Making a really good picture takes time and some thinking. When taking dozens of pictures the quality suffers. The introduction of the digital camera almost encourages to take those dozens of pictures so yeah that's what i ment. I think that if you want to make really great pictures, see those as 'your art' those pictures should be seperated from other photos. People should always seperate artwork and hobby, even if those are both photography. Else the quality suffers and nobody will improve. That's at least how i feel.
-
It's a piece of advice ("hey this is what i'd do") not an order. You can ignore it if you want pfffffff. I was gonna tell you what i ment with what i wrote but i don't think i can be bothered really. Let's just say that you shouldn't take things all too literal. I didn't mean only take 1 picture a week, but more like, if you want better photos, take a few 'serious' ones and do the rest for fun. If of course you want to take better picture. That's all, i'm not some dictator telling you what to do, it's a suggestion.. Have fun with photography i guess.
-
Some really cool stuff, good job
-
I'm with Kosmo. The first one fascinates, i'm not really sure what it is which is good. If i look at a photo and see what it is right away, understand it 100% i will look away and forget about it. I've seen hundreds of photos the last months (been to a few professional photo galleries) and only those that i don't understand right away will stick in my mind. Close-up photos for details with unsharp backgrounds make pretty pictures but a good photo needs to be more than just a pretty picture. You've got some great talent for photography and an awesome camera so skip the fillers and go for those really special photos. Don't take photos because you want to but wait for the one special picture you'll only see once in a while.