I'd gladly download 60 mb's if the textures are good. And that's the case.
Posts by DaanO
-
-
-
That's way too dark and sad to be Venice. Work on that above all. Make the sun shine.
-
Everyone that gives good feedback (and even takes the time to make pics like that) wins. (so that includes curman, so i agree)
-
Cool stuff, glad to have some custom content finally!

Although it has to be said, i think some shadows on textures are a bit too dark and normal maps might have been more appropriate.
http://www.planetunreal.com/phalanx/tex ... high/2.jpg
http://www.planetunreal.com/phalanx/tex ... igh/27.jpg
They do look good on those ingame shots, but i'd like to see some ingame HL2 shots of those as well. (Cause UT isn't the most 'subtle' game when it comes to shadows and stuff)
I love the rock textures, they're the best ever.
-
I know those will tile bad that's why i made 2 versions (see earlier). I'll even out the cracks at the sides some more though.
Oh and klein: i will add actual tiremarks then. i'm not done with this yet
-
I'm gonna wait for a bit more feedback from people but i'm putting it on my list of things i'm gonna try so thanks
-
[Blocked Image: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/daanob/dn_road_preview2.jpg]
Taking all feedback into account, i have fiddled with my texture. Thanks for the feedback again, people. I'm learning stuff much faster thanks to this and i'm enjoying it

In the newer version i
-fiddled with the color, contrast of the whole thing
-decreased the opacity of the car tracks
-added an overlay for the sides
-added cracks near the sides
-deleted small parts of the white stripes in the middle
-decreased the saturation on the base
-deleted a repeating pattern
-
-
Quote from Zacker
Damn, that is simply as low as you can get! I can't believe that this guy got over 400 posts at Egir's forum without being kicked out.The guy is calling map editors for "map generators", that would be enough proof...
I have informed Egir about it.
Almost as bad as faking to be a spotlight member ;P
-
i think it looks kinda cool, gives it the 'omg i ripped these when i attended a top secret game dev meeting' feeling.
but i do agree that it's a bit strange and that it hides all the flaws in the level.
-
I fixed that. I have to admit i had a hard time finding decent photo sources and i'm still far from happy with the ones i'm using. That might be the problem. I'm trying to combine hand painted stuff with some concrete photosources and this is what i ended up with. I still think it's not as bad as everybody is saying it is but i agree it looks weird. Time to get my own sources i guess

Oh and those black tracks have been fixed already
-
Intro movie is almost as cool as the presentation

-
Ok, i'll work on that
-
[Blocked Image: http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y84/daanob/dn_road_preview.jpg]
Feedback again please

I've made 2 versions now, an ordinary road and the one with damaged asphalt.
-
Edit - adjustments - levels
Put both sliders a bit further to the middle, often it's good to put them where the black wave starts / ends.
-
I never tried doing foliage textures and as for modelling, i only know Milkshape hehe. Good luck with the scene though, looking forward to this
-
The door itself looks too blurry. I think you need to make clear for yourself what exactly you are making. The wall doesn't look like anything i've ever seen in my life. But for a first texture: cool stuff!

-
Cool to see but i can't say i like the photos for the way they look
-
It desperately needs some contrast in color and tone. If the setting would be like a desert or something it would work well. Even though the thing itself looks nice i don't like it that much yet. Nice beginning though
