I agree with Klein, here it's not laziness or whatever, it's a choice of style. It's about the gameplay for a chance.
Posts by DaanO
-
-
Congratulations dude! I did start at *A* game design school but quit pretty soon, i found it unchallenging and way too theoretical.
-
Around the corner, up the stairs, and then ask again.
edit: ack, fetter beat me to it
-
Well it's hard to pick just the right ones. I have drawn a 100 drawings last year and the ones i hated are the ones others loved. I guess that the ones you hate can be the ones that are the most refreshing or new. That is, at least, what i experienced with my drawings. Anyway, nice work
-
Ok let's start with some positive comments
. First of all, this photographhttp://www.st0lve.net/pictures/photo02.jpg
Is a true masterpiece. The site is really easy in use, but it's uneasy to read everything when it's centered to the left. I'd put everything in the centre, it's easier to read. Also, i think your portfolio would be much better with a great level in there so i'd focus on that. Your textures and models look pretty good but then have to put in practise with a level.
-
Why didn't you post those earlier, those are the best shots in this thread in my most humble opinion. Great stuff Mike
-
Right now it has the deathmatch arena feeling. As far as i can see your level is surrounded by rocks, which completely ruins the "this isn't a map but a part of the world" feeling. Change that, first of all
Show the player that there's more out there -
what izuno said.

-
I"m anything but an america lover but when they're doing something right i can still agree with it.
-
The real world works just fine for me.

-
As far as i know (and my knowledge on this subject is based on many articles i read that do not form a consistent whole or anything, it's a bit vague tbh) they're doing just fine. There's a balance, but the rest of the world is like doing research that earns back it's money only or something.
-
I don't like those seemingly random spots on the wall, other than that it's good

-
I'm planning my 6th vacation, and maybe my 7th. Trying to do 10 this year

-
I just think that in the US people dare to fund more fundamental research that goes deeper than the stuff that get's us microwaves. While one way of doing research gives more practical uses, the other one is just as interesting. But it's harder to earn your money back. This is what i like the US for, people dare to invest in more fundamental research, with as reason science itself, instead of earning invested money back.
-
Awesome, all of them. You're still improving, i really love all of these
-
I'd say it's a bit too clean for a sewer wall. Other than that i like it
-
-
It's too dark for me.
-
Those are cool. Cool pics, looks like a good time. I'm in charge of one of those camps right now (in charge of level design) and we're at the last day so it's all debugging stuff right now. 2 hours to go and somebody's got one of them cute allocblock:full errors.
-
It's a bit dark, but very good besides that.