love the style
Posts by DaanO
-
-
I was there and E3 wins.
-
I love the brushwork, hate the lighting. In my most humble opinion, it's just the wrong color. Light is hardly ever orangish brown or whatever. I think that with a few small changes it could be awesome. Besides that, the hl2 textures are awesome, extremely well made, but already overused.
-
-
You shouldn't be drawing noses anyway, but merely suggest them with shading. Noses have almost no lines in them, they're a shape. By using lines, things will look weird. Also, st0lve, you're really getting better at this. What might help is to look at some good examples, Da Vinci and Michelangelo did some sketches that you could try to recreate, it's good for practise.
-
Reno, you make sense.
-
Not much to discuss really, only a logical next step. This surprises me as much as the making of yet another FIFA 200x game
Edit: Also, it's not insane. Nobody is just gonna sit down to see what happens in an industry this competitive.
-
Oh, i know. But these bricks are those typical 10 cm high bricks. Bigger bricks look different.
-
Vue d'Esprit is awesome, but usually i don't want all kinds of funky details on my skyline because those will look weird. And personally, i find that for 'just' skylines, Terragen works better. I wrote a tutorial on Terragen a while ago, let me look it up.
-
A coherent texture set if more important than photo realism anyway, i guess.
-
The problem of this texture is not your technical ability, it's well made. However, the scaling is badly chosen. The bricks suggest a certain size of the wall, the door suggest a completely different size. And that's making my brain hurt
. I think that if you scale down the bricks, put more rows of them in the texture, that that would help a lot. I really like how the bricks overlap the door on the rightby the way, but you might wanna work a bit on the top. Walls end with bricks usually, people don't put that uh, gray crap (cement? in dutch) at edges. -
I agree BUT tutorials on drawing can make your progress go faster
-
If you're talking about the 2D versions i'd suggest using Terragen in combination with some good old Photoshopping.
-
Perspective isn't off at all, but they all look like they're shiny as hell which makes it look freaky D:
Anyway, great, great stuff. I'm with gins here, the hair makes me go

-
The eyes of his shadow scare the hell outta me

Well, anyway. I like the head, it's got some great character and it seems to be well modelled. The body doesn't really fit the head though. The guy doesn't look like the type that would be super muscular.
-
Great stuff, i love how these 2 pictures work together
-
KIIIIIIA: I like those textures but on the last one, the depth doesn't convince me at all
-
Onnnnnnnn the other hand game design school does allow you to mod at home WHILE working on school projects. It's like, if you'd study math you would have to do your homework and then work on computer games. It's like extra practise time.
I've had quite a few discussion with Dutch game devs (one with Jesse from Khaeon, Peris
and apparently, the best applications they get are from people who have studied something else like architecture, psychology or whatever, and have modded at home. -
Gins: I can imagine that a new Physics system can add something new really but most of all i agree with ya. But that's something that could be said about, well, almost any game. Gameplay is not improving that much lately (with a few exceptions that are incredibly new and exciting), only graphics are.
-
The first thing was something about the trees, ferret put it to words very well. Besides that it's pretty much awesome, it's pretty but still not destracting from the deathmatch gameplay that's gonna take place. Oh, the rocks on top could be made a bit more interesting as well by the way, in terms of texturing.