Quite a bunch of nice models&textures following the same style. Good job!
Unless you are planning to use them for real-time rendering you might want to use more polys.
Quite a bunch of nice models&textures following the same style. Good job!
Unless you are planning to use them for real-time rendering you might want to use more polys.
I have added a Mapcore t-shirt to my shop. The t-shirt is just a temp one made in a few minutes with the mapcore forum logo which dont fit the colour of the shirt at all.
You have the PHl guy Jabberwocky as coder?![]()
Yeah, quite nice media and website. The top banner at the website is very cool.
I dont know how many chances a gaming clan got in mod making though...
System Shock 2 was incredible well made and very scary. If they manage to keep up with the quality of that game, then it will be good. There are still a long way though...
Your site really lacks screenshots. Your ss section is completely empty:(
That was exactly what I feared.
Are you like trying to get the game to run on a P2? The textures look like they are 64^2 or something. The detail of the maps is not any better:( Ahh well, its a RPG, so history and gameplay is quite important.
The no payment, only royalities sounds kinda vague. How many copies do you usually sell? How much in royality can be expected?
Neat portfolio you got there! It will for sure get you a job in the games industry if you want.
This is one of the most impressive HL2DM maps I have seen! It looks very impressive and appealing.
Beta2 ready: http://www.littlelostpoly.co.uk/Appz/dm_depot_beta2.zip
Nazul, the map dont have many props/models. Trees, pier, sharp rocks are basicly the only models in the map. The building exept the roof domes is made of brushes and so is all the terrain and smooth cliffs. The terrain stuff is displacement brushes, but not models.
Welcome Carp!
Your valleys with your custom textures look sexy as always. An oasis with some water, grass and a few horses would be cute.
The tree looks a little too green for a dead tree without leaves.
It needs to be higher and even more adventure-like. All of the current towers stand on the ground, try making some of them go out from the roof.
The map got an island-in-the sky feeling. It could be an island in the sea, castle on the top of a mountain or maybe far out the country with nature around. Regardsless of the setting it needs some 3d-sky.
I see no weapons currently, a DM map needs weapons. Get the RPG and crossbow up on the top of something high.
Phillips de_halla and CJ's Persian Letters has some cool architecture which you could make something close to.
It looks really cool that the buildings and cliffs are kinda merged together. Makething something more of this please. The thin bridges betwen towers and main building also look very cool, more of theese please:)
A path from the lower levels of the map through the cliffs into the basement of the main building would give a good gameflow. The intrance of the tunnel should be semi-hidden with some vegatation and maybe blocked off with a few breakable planks.
The tunnel needs to be dark and have spider-webs everwhere. You could make it end in a wine barrel;) A gothic cellar and architecture a few hundred years old upstairs would be cool.
The tall towers could have fantasy elevators in them. The ones which go up and down really fast, rotates and maybe some magic effects flying around while moving.
Inside there should be secret rooms and pathes. Certain bricks which open a door in a wall if you press use, etc. With the Source engine you can easily VIS block theese places while its closed, so it wont hurt the performance that badly.
Quote from kleinlukaI like when people say "it needs much more work" and then don't go into detail about WHAT NEEDS WORK.
1. Pictures did not load at the time I posted and I could therefore not go more into detail.
2. I am sure that a mapper like 3D-Mike knows what to do. Its just respect for him, nothing else.
Looks very cool Mike!
It is clear that this map is made by someone who really knows mapping. It is however also clear that it needs much more work.
Pics dont work anymore, so thats all I can say for now.
That map begs for jump-pads and teleporters:)
Good job, I like the smooth style. It is however noticeable that it havent been worked that much on.
Pericolos0, I have thought of that too. They havent used them anywhere in CSS or HL2. They could really have improved HL2 many places with a few nice detail textures.
Rick Ellis has confirmed that Source support it. As far as I can see there are no console commands or any mentioning of it in the sdk or docs.
Looks ok - not exactly as a map which a requires hefty PC though...
I know BuzzyBots, I was there!
Ditlew stopped and same did Encee, Cheesehound went to Acro and I started Sands-of-War. Noone besides me are active in the modding community anymore:(
Sorry for OT.
Correct, that code uses Google and they have prevented that now. The exploit however is still there. Google was used to find exploitable sites.
You can do it manually by doing a search and then using highlight. Through the highlight you can make an SQL-injection. You can fix this by removing the url decoding(at the highlight html parsing) in viewtopic.php.
Serious danish modders? WTF? Why have I never heard of you before? Its the first mod of that caliber with a .dk address which I have ever seen!