1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Black Mesa: Source | Recruiting

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2005 at 6:08 PM

    HL:Source was a dissapointment to me, so I am indeed looking forward to this! I recommend that you don't keep it too strict to HL1, as that was what HL:Source did.

  • de_toledo

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2005 at 6:00 PM

    First screenie screams Inferno clone, but the rest are pretty good. I like that you can see some buildings and terrain in the bg, which is very nice for a HL1 map.

    The very orange/red sky does not fit with the lighting in the map.

    The textures could use a less inferno alike look and a detail layer above them.

    Did you forget to func_wall the lamp in the second pic or why is the wall cut up next to it? Or is it just the lightmap?

  • DM_?

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2005 at 2:31 PM

    The blue light texture could use some more detail. Currently it looks too much like the stock HL light fixture textures.

  • Amount of required gfx memory

    • Zacker
    • April 5, 2005 at 2:28 PM

    Is the size of the texture files equal to the amount of required gfx ram? If a vmt file e.g. take up 4 megs of hdd space, will it then also take up 4 megs of gfx ram?

    I need to know this for specifying the specifications of the textures sizes in my mod. If it is possible just too look at the vmt size, then it should be fairly easy to find some good sizes.

    You could of course just go with the usual sizes of other games, but that is not nearly as fun as figuring it out yourself.

  • Dm Coast - Alpha release

    • Zacker
    • March 30, 2005 at 7:31 PM

    Cool map, but I agree with Reno regarding the random blocks on the right of pic 4.

  • asian disaster: waterquake 2, it cant be coincidence

    • Zacker
    • March 30, 2005 at 7:24 PM

    Aftershocks usually come much sooner, often within hours or days. I consider it as poor planning that whatever country, who detonated thoose nukes, not was able to make it more realistic. The aftershock earthquake was a 8.7, which seems fair enough after a 9.0, so at least they got that right.

    Anyways, of course it is coincidence, nuclear bombs tend to generate radioactivity which easily can be measured.

  • FINAL RELEASE : DM_URBANES (v2)

    • Zacker
    • March 30, 2005 at 7:19 PM

    Yeah, wow! Very well made map!

    Yep, it could look a little like NeoTokyo, but it needs to be even more messy to be a NT map:)

    My thoughts when I saw the first show was "is this Source or UT2k4?" and then secondly "damn good use of HL2 content":)

  • Would you join a MOD advertised in the CLASSIFIEDS forum?

    • Zacker
    • March 29, 2005 at 6:27 PM

    I am already leading a mod, so I can't really see myself joining another mod.

    Quote from marque_pierre

    So simple, so true Klein. Crawl before you can walk, walk before you can run.

    Indeed. At Sands-of-War we decided that we did not want to settle for something super cool for our first game. It just had to be somewhat decent and get released. Then if that somehow actually should happen, then we could take a talk again.

    We do now have several released versions of SoW1. Based on that experience we do now believe that we are ready to make a ground breaking game, which is what we are heading for with SoW2.

    I simply consider it as inresponsible leading if you do not manage to hold together on your team. Letting all the work, which the crew members has put into it, go lost is simply not an option.

    A mod can never fail because of the team, only because of the leader. A mod can however only succeed with a great team.

  • RELEASE - DM Cliff House

    • Zacker
    • January 31, 2005 at 7:46 PM

    I like this map! The lighting and athmosphere is quite good. Its dark, but still not too dark.

    I think its cool enough with the many trees.

  • TS_ARIZONA

    • Zacker
    • January 31, 2005 at 10:45 AM

    Good job Carp! Even though it took a while;)

    I love the open valleys with your sweet original textures.

  • dm_elysia

    • Zacker
    • January 31, 2005 at 10:43 AM

    I think it looks pretty cool. With some agressive LOD it should be possible to get it running.

    There dont seem to be many weapons on the pictures, are they actually there or what?

    As the others say, some better connectivity is needed. You could take the easy way and make a few teleporters.

  • Everyone give zaphod reassurance here!

    • Zacker
    • January 29, 2005 at 9:59 PM

    GL Zaphod!

  • [Open source] 90% finished FarCry SP mission

    • Zacker
    • January 29, 2005 at 5:50 PM

    Indeed nice work! It looks a lot like the original FarCry.

    I really hope someone finish up this as it dont seem to miss much.

  • DM_?

    • Zacker
    • January 27, 2005 at 10:08 PM

    Very nice looking one for a HL1 map to be!

  • antichrist joins mapcore forums

    • Zacker
    • January 27, 2005 at 8:23 PM

    Do I feel a bit of manipulation there D3adlode?

  • Students Arrested Over 'Violent' Stick Figure Drawings

    • Zacker
    • January 27, 2005 at 8:22 PM

    If they are not with us, they are against us! Seriously putting 9 and 10 year old kids in handcuffs is so retarded that I dont hope the story is true...

  • Func_walls and SKY

    • Zacker
    • January 27, 2005 at 8:20 PM

    You can never use the null texture for this kind of problem. The texture cause the face to be stripped before RAD and it is therefore not lit. Since a model is a lit with the data from the first world brush directly below the origin of the model it will go black when being above a null face.

  • so, a new CS:S map from valve

    • Zacker
    • January 27, 2005 at 7:18 PM

    I was dissapointed when I saw de_tides, but this new map is really the buttom...

    Naw, thoose maps are not made by the same person. De_tides is a TurtleRock Studios map while Dave Riller is employed at Valve. It would also have been quite unrealistic if one guy churned out maps this fast.

    I think the lower quality is a result of that Dave is employed as "Game Designer" and not "Level Designer". He is also the author of datacore, so he should have enough experience.

  • Mapcore Members

    • Zacker
    • January 26, 2005 at 7:15 PM

    I just come here when I am tired of flaming lamers over at CSB:)

  • UT2 DM-Redkin

    • Zacker
    • January 25, 2005 at 5:40 PM

    Very nice work as usual! I think the lightstyles and the amount of them fits the map and UT well.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™