1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Score one for Valve

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2005 at 4:06 PM

    It seems like Valve owned Vivendi big time...

    And yep, in-game advertising is the future.

  • Plan of Attack

    • Zacker
    • May 2, 2005 at 4:02 PM

    It shines through that you got a bunch of mod experience CJ, as thoose points are highly recognizeable!

  • Now playing - music edition

    • Zacker
    • May 1, 2005 at 6:22 PM

    Killswitch Engage - Rose of Sharyn

  • ctf_portalstorm

    • Zacker
    • May 1, 2005 at 11:51 AM

    I don't think that this map is as visually stunning as your other two Source maps. Thoose however were also pretty cool...

    This map looks pretty basic, but that is also the general style of theese type of games. I would say that it's pretty good for a HL2CTF map to be:)

    The last shot of Rebel base is for sure an improvement over the first one.

  • Plan of Attack

    • Zacker
    • May 1, 2005 at 11:46 AM

    It's not THAT bad, it's just far from good.

  • Nintendogs

    • Zacker
    • April 30, 2005 at 6:33 PM

    Looks quite cool.

  • Plan of Attack

    • Zacker
    • April 30, 2005 at 10:41 AM

    It's ok and one of the best Source mods out atm. It does however shine through that the mod just _had_ to be released early.

  • suggestion

    • Zacker
    • April 29, 2005 at 6:36 PM

    I agree with the others, there is no reason for a such forum. It is tough enough to reqruit people for an established mod, think of how few replies thoose ideas will get.

  • The Metal Thread

    • Zacker
    • April 28, 2005 at 4:58 PM

    Get off this thread with your fugly rappers.

  • Photoshop CS2 out now!

    • Zacker
    • April 27, 2005 at 4:39 PM

    Yeah, that was quick. It is rare that there go less than a month from announcement to release.

  • Powerballs

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2005 at 10:15 PM

    Past 8200:)

  • fileplanet deceiving us??

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2005 at 8:55 PM

    Screenshots here:

    http://www.shacknews.com/screens.x/half ... tcoast.jpg

  • fileplanet deceiving us??

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2005 at 7:23 PM

    I was put back in the 40 minutes long line and then I quitted it. Let me hear what I missed.

  • Call of Duty 2

    • Zacker
    • April 26, 2005 at 6:12 PM

    Yep, MP2 was a really great game. That game just worked the way a good game has to do.

  • Band graphic/logo wip

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2005 at 8:28 PM

    Great art! It could work just as well as cd cover as on a t-shirt:)

  • Ubisoft Montreal looking for 2D and 3D artists

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2005 at 7:52 PM
    Quote from PhilipK

    Oh neat stuff!Hmm.. I guess my chance would be minimal to none.

    Suppose it wouldn't hurt to send in my cv anyway.

    Get some wd-40 m8, you are seriously whining. The Ubisoft guys derserves a slap if you don't take you in:)

  • Getting textures to tile.

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2005 at 7:50 PM

    I don't really get why Mike goes through all thoose steps. You can do tiling with just 1-2 steps. Thoose tricks he did might be smart, I dunno, but I can't see any purpose with them.

  • Call of Duty 2

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2005 at 6:08 PM
    Quote from Kosmo

    ...but really you can look at all the current engines and see the same results, example Farcry, everything looked like chrome and plastic, too shiny and some places even had little white spots without the rest of the effect, like bounce, reflect and such.You don't have to push up the light values in order to make something look realistic, it's just the way developers do it these days, they candy things out with it. Take a look at HL2 it had very very realistic looking texture materials like wood, rusty iron, concrete you name it. No shiny spots anywhere.

    I know this is the CoD2 thread, but I can't let this one go. First of all I REALLY agree with you that all thoose shiny/plastic materials are extremely ugly. My opinion about the materials in HL2 vs. FarCry however is exactly the other way around. FarCry got nice textures, nice bumps and no unneeded ugly shine effects.

    In HL2 however, everything is just made of plastic or is shining. From the very first minutes in the train and on the trainstation I was vommiting from the horrible shine of everything. The metal in the train was not a shade of grey as you could expect from metal, but rather it was some hippie mix of yellow and white.

    When I exited the train there were thoose woodbenches which looked like that someone had spent several hours on polishing and waxing them. Having that wood shine like a lamp just looked so incredible wrong.

  • The Eidos buyout...

    • Zacker
    • April 25, 2005 at 4:07 PM

    So no Bono for IO:/

  • Powerballs

    • Zacker
    • April 24, 2005 at 5:14 PM

    I got it past 7000, yay:)

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™