1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Zacker
    • January 1, 2010 at 2:32 PM

    Peri's original post was an amazing tribute to the internets. Editing it slightly was not the worst idea either

  • Every day the same dream

    • Zacker
    • December 31, 2009 at 2:41 PM

    Took me a few minutes to realize what the entire point was, and then a moment of "but whah, no way there are 5 different paths" and then finally a smile on my face while finding the remaining changes.

  • Mapcore.net Privacy

    • Zacker
    • December 30, 2009 at 3:36 PM

    If a company is willing to perform in-depth research such as checking out forum posts then I also assume them to be qualified enough to know not to trust everything on the internets. If not, then I couldn't care to work for them anyway.

    Nice play on Wall-e, Duff-e!

  • James Cameron's Avatar

    • Zacker
    • December 30, 2009 at 3:31 PM

    I now finally also got around to see it, having really high expectations after having heard so much rave about it. It started out a bit slow but then it just went on to be one of the best frikkin movie experiences ever! I was so blown away when I got out of the cinema and I could not at all get my hands down. I don't think such a relatively predictable story has ever been told so well.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • November 25, 2009 at 5:01 PM

    Woah Blizzard, nice Peris!

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • November 24, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    Quote

    ":3mfcmc9d]

    So, you quit based on experience? What is that supposed to mean? Good luck tho man, cheers.

    I hope you saw that Based on Experience was a company name? Anyway, my lecturing job takes up almost all my time, so I had very few hours left to work on BoX. And I don't want to do anything half-assed, so I quit.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Zacker
    • November 23, 2009 at 10:07 PM

    BJA: Congrats! But Intern only, hmm? Your portfolio is pretty spiffy! Ohh well, they will see that soon enough I assume.

    In other news, I quit Based on Experience. If possible, I would totally like to stay on this fancy list, so updating my title to "Lecturer" at the "IT University of Copenhagen" would be great if it counts as an industry job

  • Another successful boycott! (L4D2)

    • Zacker
    • November 18, 2009 at 8:28 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    If you don't think its worth your money don't buy it. It's simple as that.

    I'm totally with you on this one. I do not at all get what all this fuzz is about and why so gamers has to whine so much in cases like this. There is nothing worse than people who prefer talking over acting.

  • EA lays off 1.500

    • Zacker
    • November 16, 2009 at 10:36 PM
    Quote from Algor

    http://%7boption%7d

    I will eat first part of my comment again Certainly looks worse than I expected and also most certainly goes against traditional economic theory. Ohh well, this just means that the games industry is fucked in possible way then.

  • EA lays off 1.500

    • Zacker
    • November 15, 2009 at 9:48 PM

    Yes, game sales are not hurt badly during a recession. Venture capital and willing banks however are. Game production is a risky business which highly relies on those two things and is thereby hurt anyway.

  • Gratz Mazy!!

    • Zacker
    • November 14, 2009 at 8:19 PM

    Congrats Mazy! I hope you had a wonderful day with plenty of cake

  • Dropbox

    • Zacker
    • November 9, 2009 at 7:08 PM

    Dropbox is way cool. I have been using it for some months now and with both a stationary computer and a laptop, both of which use extensively, then this is just a perfect tool for synchronizing my documents. No way I would ever use a consumer toy like this for serious game development though. Index times, poor diffing/merging, etc.

  • Unreal engine 3 for consumers? WTF ?

    • Zacker
    • November 9, 2009 at 7:01 PM

    Totally agree Wacko

  • Unreal engine 3 for consumers? WTF ?

    • Zacker
    • November 8, 2009 at 11:56 AM

    Regarding save/load, this is something that would have to be handled by an external application. Possible, but not exactly elegant.

    One thing I am wondering is, if this UDK makes UT3 modding obsolete in most cases, as this engine and editor version is clearly much more recent?

  • Two potentially naked men and a dog

    • Zacker
    • November 7, 2009 at 5:24 PM

    I think it's incredible awesome! I'm obviously biased, but still I totally love this. For those of us who are tired of regular game teasers and want something with a little more edge, then this is just perfect. Proves to me once again that IO has some of the most creative and talented game developers found on this planet.

  • Two potentially naked men and a dog

    • Zacker
    • November 6, 2009 at 1:41 PM

    http://kotaku.com/5398147/the-incredibl ... h-2-teaser

  • unity is going to be FREE !!!

    • Zacker
    • October 30, 2009 at 8:42 PM

    This is fantastic news indeed! I've been a fan of Unity ever since their CEO gladly took over my horrible code base at 4 O'clock in the middle of the night and had all the bugs fixed by the time the sun was up

  • The first DirectX 11 benchmark

    • Zacker
    • October 24, 2009 at 8:12 PM

    Potentially it could get most of the data from the normal map?

  • warby can haz a birthday

    • Zacker
    • October 4, 2009 at 7:38 PM

    Hey Warby, gz with your birthday! I hope you got it celebrated well down there in Germany, now that you don't have a great FA team to celebrate with ya

  • Engine Programming course

    • Zacker
    • September 27, 2009 at 4:44 PM

    Thanks for the feedback guys!

    Quote

    So I am going to ask why are you teaching a course you know little or nothing about ? Also is the course more about engine design or graphics programming ?

    I've been a TA there for a few years and apparently they really liked that. Also, I really like challenges and it has been very cool to read up on so much new stuff in the past months.

    Quote

    If you can, I'd recommend teaming up with some local (even national) games companies and asking them for their feedback on your syllabus. You can't really get much better than straight from the horse's mouth If your course has a chance of producing graduates they will hire, they ought to care.

    Yep, I am working closely with the leads from e.g. Unity and of course also IO Interactive.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™