1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Zacker

Posts by Zacker

  • Fy_Spalt

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 8:13 PM
    Quote from von*ferret

    Damn...people say I have an ego. At least I can semi-back up my shit with material.

    I am aware of the reply did conflict with the quality of fy_spalt; if I am not mistaken, I also wrote that in my reply;)

    I did not say that I was a better mapper than him, just that I know a lot about mapping, which I do.

    Could we please end this lame flaming and have some serious discussion instead?

  • Mounting CS:S content for use in another mod

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 8:04 PM

    I see that it is not the perfect solution, but at least I did not just say "The world explodes" or some other bs like that.

    We are of course trying to find a way to also get SoW2 working for people without CS:S.

  • New XBox 360 screens?

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 7:17 PM

    That controller looks horrible.

  • Mounting CS:S content for use in another mod

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 5:05 PM

    Then they are unfortunately screwed:/ That's a downside for sure, but I guess it's one of thoose you have to live with.

  • Mounting CS:S content for use in another mod

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 3:18 PM

    Yay, I have gotten it to work! The solution is plain simple: Load only the CS:S content! The HL2 content is automaticly added:)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 12:23 PM

    CJ: I really like your idea of combining Prince of Persia with high tech HL2 stuff! It is very close to what we are doing with Sands of War 2. If done well, such as with your map, theese themes play up well against each other.

    I also really liked you HL1 map persian:)

    RD: Nice spottings! That is the de_cbbles ct spawn:) Yep, you are right that two themes don't fit. They are each teams base and in later versions they will be placed far from each other.

  • Fy_Spalt

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 10:28 AM

    Yes theese are maps I made a few years ago, but that don't give anyone the right to act like immature assholes.

  • Mounting CS:S content for use in another mod

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 10:03 AM

    Ok, I have talked with Valve about it now. Here is what Yahn had to say about the issue:

    Quote

    Yeah, it's something that's not officially supported so I wouldn't relyon cross-mod cache usage to keep working going forward. We'll try and

    get the word out at some point to clarify this.

    The gameinfo trick won't work because as I understand it only the first

    appid is loaded.

  • Game Development Camp

    • Zacker
    • May 6, 2005 at 9:58 AM

    Aalborg's university is the coolest one:) They have a better CS line and are also in the proces of starting some game dev line.

  • Fy_Spalt

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 10:31 PM
    Quote from -Stratesiz-

    Okie I'll be super honest here. None of the maps you've posted so far are good or impressive. I would say this map is the strongest, but it's far from interesting or good. Lighting is nonexistent, brushwork is plain and simple, texturing is basic, the theme is generic, etc...You are young and you are proud of the stuff you've done so far. However, you need to realize the fact that they aren't any good on mapcore standards. Just because you have an article in the paper doesn't mean that you are good. Considering your age, I would say you have potential to become very good if you accept the fact that you have a lot to learn. Be modest, be realistic and you'll get better. Listen to what people have to say here.

    Thx for your honest comments. I know that theese maps aren't very good.

    Just as a note: I have not just been in the paper, I am also mapping moderator at CSBanana(former cscentral) and Lead Level Designer at Sands of War:)

    I am indeed listening to what people says here and Mapcore got some of the most talented game designers:)

  • Fy_Spalt

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 10:02 PM

    Yeah, the lighting on this one is bad. The only light is coming in from the two ends, which make it way too bland.

    LOL are you crazy? I can beat you in mapping knowledge any day:)(this is far from visible in fy_spalt, I know) Thx for the advice though...

  • kot_hill

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 9:57 PM

    Lol yeah you are indeed right. That crappy amount of detail could easily have been archieved with much less than 250 w_poly. It was my first map so I hardly heard of this r_speeds thingy:P

  • Fy_Evilinc

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 9:55 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    i dont see a single bit of shadow. Or if you mean by shadows that the entire map is covered with one shadowalso that flash player thing is hugely annoying. Yus post the pics in a regular way

    The sun is almost down, so yeah a lot of the map is covered by shadows.

    Yep, I am not posting screenshots like that anymore.

    Quote

    The lighting is just uber wrong. You need adjust your angles and stuff. Right now the sun is directed at the sky or something. The skybox doesn't match the current lighting at all.

    You really think so? The angles for the light_env light fits fits with where the sun is on the sky, so I don't really get what you mean.

    If you think that the map is a little too dark compared to the skybox, then I do however agree with you.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 9:49 PM

    I don't got much time for mapping theese days(blame school and team leading), but I am working on SoW2_Omnicron. The map is indeed WIP as it's only ~5% done. It does not in any way represent the quality of final SoW2 maps.

    [Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/1/omnicron.jpg]

  • 05/05/05!!!!!

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 9:00 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    05/05/05 05:05:05 !I wonder what happens that, or happend

    Danfoss Universe opened:

    http://www.danfoss-teknorama.com/

  • Fy_Evilinc

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 7:30 PM

    Horrible lighting? It is not really lit, not so dark that you can't see anything, lots of shadows and the skybox match the lighting.

    Yep, it's a fy map - not the standard lame and ugly killbox though. Each team got 3 routes:)

  • Fy_Spalt

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 7:28 PM

    Hey, you may stop that. Some of my old maps were of course crappy as hell, but this is actually decent mapping. The hangar is big(compared to standard HL1 sizes), yet it got lot's of detail and yet it runs smooth:)

  • The new Unreal Tournament (Unreal Engine3) new screens!

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 7:24 PM

    Pure sex! I do however think that UT2k4 is a really great game, just as the original UT.

  • Fy_Evilinc

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 6:48 PM

    This map was made for Clan Evil Inc, the ones behind the D.E.A.D mod.

    Screenshots(looks crappy in fullscreen as they are 640*480):

    http://thefuture.dk/maps/fy_evilinc.swf

  • Fy_Spalt

    • Zacker
    • May 5, 2005 at 6:44 PM
    Quote

    Fy_Spalt was released at September the 10th 2003. Its a Counter-Strike map. Fy are small, action packed and very simple maps. They are not supposed to be visually impressing or be realistic.Fy_Spalt was created on request of two clans. Clan HERMAN, but primary clan Spalt. They needed it for a big showoff match at Spalts 4 years birthday. They all thought it was a great map. Websites: http://www.spalt.dk

    If you can run normal cs maps, then you should also be able to run this one without any major slowdowns.

    w_poly max: 500

    e_poly max: 3000

    Tex mem mb: 2

    It can be download here: Fy_Spalt.

    Beware of that this version has some bugs. There will be released better versions later.

    Display More

    I never did release anymore versions of it, it was not worth it. I did however use it as a base for SoW_Hangar.

    Screenshots(looks crappy in fullscreen as they are 640*480):

    http://thefuture.dk/maps/fy_spalt.swf

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™