Posts by Zacker
-
-
WoW, 4k km! When I have drown a few hundred, then I consider that as a lot...
I hope the gas cheap down there;)
-
I really agree here. Your other photos were so nice and then there just came this disgusting picture with so little taste:/
-
Looks cool, but a bit messed up. Seems like that you need a more consistent theme.
-
-
-
I think it looks way to professional to be a fake. It would for sure be a revolution if one of the next-gen consoles support VR.
-
Looks cool enough to me. Space marines vs. monsters might not be original, but I care more about the actual gameplay.
-
We are now releasing the fgd to the public so that everybody can begin their SoW2 mapping.
Download
-
Looks nice indeed, but I love the UT engine:) I agree with most people here. The map needs more details and the terrain needs to be much bigger.
-
Seems like a wise purchase to me. Reality and Unreal3 are among the best of their class.
-
Quote
if those are my model they were designed to look good in a redish lighting.. now they look very green.
If you are talking about the models in SoW_Khefren, then yep, it is your models:)
Quotethis mod could be interesting maybe. if the gameplay was more about stealth tactics in massive open enviorments... like finding sand colored people in sand with a high powered rifle.
The environments in SoW2 will be more massive and open than in SoW1.
QuoteCut the real time warfare shit, its boring; Rather make it more in style of the concept weapons (the ones with clothing), nomad style. I think it would atleast make it abit special, and not just a "cs clone" in pure sand environments.
Thx the the idea, I agree. We are actually working on cutting the real time warfare shit for SoW2. In SoW1 the teams were very bland, but in SoW2 they will far more different. One of the teams will have this nomad stile that you are talking about. The other team will be high tech and polished:) This should seperate our mod from all the CS clones.
-
I would go if E3 was closer to DK...
-
Site
We are current in the proces of migrating all content on the site to a CMS system utilizing the forum. This allows for us to easily update the site without having to mess with ftp, html, etc. Furthermore it also gives more people on the team the oppurtunity to edit and update the site.
As you can see we have added a bar so that you can go through all the old news easily. On the forum we have added a warning system so that we easily can administrate the users.
The new URLs are:
Homepage: http://www.sandsofwar.net
Forum: http://www.sandsofwar.net/forum
We have updated the jobs page, which can be found here:
http://www.sandsofwar.net/index.php?page=jobs
It now contains all the information you need if you are thinking of applying for a position on the Sands of War team. We have also added the number of open positions. We are currently recruiting positions for all areas on the team, so please apply if you have any experience in game development(mapping, coding, texturing, modelling, etc.)
We do also have Developer Journals now. You will get to hear a lot of insider detail, which don't make it to the frontpage. You can also learn a bunch about how we work and what we work on.
http://sandsofwar.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=28
Concept art
This week we are showcasing some special concept art. The weapons below are not just concepts, they are actually modelled in 3d! Concept sketches like these make it much easier to see what the weapon looks like. Furthermore it is also much faster to do the model, as the concepts are already in 3d.
Both of the weapons are for CoDe. The first one is the sniper for the Recon and the last is the Vulcan for the Commando.
[Blocked Image: http://www.sandsofwar.net/images/thumb/6361_1115567294.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.sandsofwar.net/images/thumb/1769_1115567294.jpg]
Bigger versions can be found in our new screenshot gallery:
-
Indeed interesting, I had not heard of this stuff before.
-
Quote from Spellbinder
rofl!i just read on a site you did

you wanted to be like the big boys

nice to see you here

good luck in the future!
Spellbinder.
Lol:) Yeah I remember you from our time on Nuclearbox. I wanted to be one of the big waypointers, and so I became that:)
Btw. I like how they get stuff like waypointing and Strasiz' site and map to fit in this GDC thread:)
-
I sure did! And so did you;)
-
URL has been in the topic since the 3rd May;)
-
Quote from insta
About what?
There are not really anything serious left to discuss in this thread and therefore you should not reply to it anymore. I browse and moderate many forums each day, so I prefer not reading through all kind of meaningless stuff.
Quotedont think you could beat strat in a "mapping knowledge" battle tho
Would be fun to try:) Are you up for it Strat?
-
Here is an ingame shot of the map I posted yesterday:
[Blocked Image: http://thefuture.dk/1/sow2_omnicron.jpg]